Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 16:24   #1
BHPian

IndianOil launches India's first SERVOXpress Outlet

The SERVOXpress has facilities for oil change, tyre/battery checkups, A/c service, vacuum cleaning, perfuming, upholstery cleaning, polishing, lamination installation, etc. Located in the basement of the Orchid City Centre mall in Central Mumbai, IndianOil's SERVOXpress is equipped with state-of-the-art technology in autocare, including trained personnel to cater to every automotive need.

More details in the link here
Indian Oil Corporation :: News Releases ::

Looks like Mr Kishore Biyani wants to get ahead of reliance plans of entering auto service arena. Great first mover advantage!

Looks like they can do pretty much everything that a routine service would require.
Old 18th April 2007, 16:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

On the lines of Jiffy Lube and Pep boys it seems.
Old 18th April 2007, 16:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

The problem with these kind of outlets is that their staff are not properly groomed as to the methods to be adopted for doing these jobs. For e.g when they remove the carpets for cleaning, they will forget 3/4 clips or screws. They do not complete the job. I hope that is a thing of the past now.
Old 18th April 2007, 16:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

First Bosch, then Castrol and now IOC in the circus.
Bring it on! the more the merrier.
Old 18th April 2007, 20:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good move but would the staff be trained or asked to go through the service manuals of different cars? Or it will be the same roadside mechanic trial and error fix only in better uniform and polished conversation skills.
However, there is a need for such shops provided there are trained mechanics rather than mere screwdriver handlers.
Old 19th April 2007, 00:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The problem with these kind of outlets is that their staff are not properly groomed as to the methods to be adopted for doing these jobs. For e.g when they remove the carpets for cleaning, they will forget 3/4 clips or screws. They do not complete the job. I hope that is a thing of the past now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Good move but would the staff be trained or asked to go through the service manuals of different cars? Or it will be the same roadside mechanic trial and error fix only in better uniform and polished conversation skills.
However, there is a need for such shops provided there are trained mechanics rather than mere screwdriver handlers.

Just like i thought. My brother removed the seat covers from his wagonR & to his dismay the seats were stained with the colour of the sponge inside the covers, so he SOSed me & i took him to a similar car care centre where they did a fantastic job of removing the stains etc, but forgot to clip the floor carpet & even misplaced those clips, so that means he has to make another trip to maruti to get this fixed. so much for these 3rd party guys.
Old 22nd April 2007, 02:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

I wish some of the petrol pumps on the highways could start something like this as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks