Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 16:03   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes, BMW & Audi sales in India from 2010-2020 | Growth numbers are disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunki View Post
As rich became rich by being smart about money, it is not so easy to fool them. The ones who are more gullible are in different customer segment.
I am now renowned in my family circle as the car nut who sold a flat and bought a BMW .

But seriously, the prices of luxury cars drive away most potential buyers. Among my older (and much more wealthier ) friends, very few are buying that dream car I'd have expected them to buy.

I feel that even before COVID hit, the general price hikes of the D2++ segment coupled with a perception of expensive maintenance, congested city roads & last (but not the least), a lack of dependable chauffeurs meant many HNI families are sticking to their older cars instead of splashing out on the 5 series or E Class.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th February 2021 at 16:06.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:07   #17
BHPian

Re: Mercedes, BMW & Audi sales in India from 2010-2020 | Growth numbers are disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I am now renowned in my family circle as the car nut who sold a flat and bought a BMW .

But seriously, the prices of luxury cars drive away most potential buyers. Among my older (and much more wealthier ) friends, very few are buying that dream car I'd have expected them to buy.

a lack of dependable chauffeurs meant many HNI families are sticking to their older cars instead of splashing out on the 5 series or E Class.
I think these two aspects when coupled with high sticker play significant part.
No matter what car you in, if you are stuck behind the wheels in a traffic jam then your time is lost. If it is a chauffeured one, you can still utilize your time. And time is more expensive than money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks