Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh

According to recent leaks, the Renault Triber is set to get new features and dual-tone colour options.

2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh-renaulttriberupdate20218f48.jpg

The Triber will get five new dual-tone shades featuring a black contrasting roof. These include Metal Mustard, Moonlight Silver, Electric Blue, Ice Cool White and a new Cedar Brown shade. The dual-tone options are likely to be offered on the top-spec RxZ trim.

2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh-renaulttribernewcolorsdcdc.jpg

In terms of features, the Triber will get ORVMs with integrated LED turn indicators, dual-horn, steering-mounted controls and a height adjustable driver's seat.

2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh-renaulttribernewinetriorfeatures27d4.jpg

The Triber is offered with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 71 BHP and 96 Nm. This engine is mated to either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Reports suggest that the launch of the Triber Turbo Petrol has been pushed to 2022.

Source: Zigwheels

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:27   #2
BHPian

re: 2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh

Well this is one of those few cars where the dual-tone color treatment actually does help in lifting up its looks.

The triber looked a little rear heavy in person, especially in their signature Yellowish-Golden color.

This now does reduce the visual bulk, though at the cost of having a black roof which absorbs a considerable amount of heat which might require even more AC power to cool the interiors down putting more pressure on the 1.0L engine.

Driver seat height adjust as well as steering mounted audio controls are truly great additions.

Wish they add a Turbo+CVT combo to this one too. THAT would be absolutely amazing!

Last edited by RavSam : 5th March 2021 at 12:29.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 17:19   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh

A talented car with a value-for-money price. But what it desperately needs is that 1.0L Turbo engine & CVT combination. The current 1.0 NA is simply too weak & unimpressive, and gets only worse when carrying 5 + 2 onboard.

I'm really scratching my head as to why the turbo-petrol has taken so long.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 21:20   #4
BHPian

I also wish/hope they get the Kiger's instrument panel and option packs for Triber. It's a very underappreciated car.
Old 8th March 2021, 13:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A talented car with a value-for-money price. But what it desperately needs is that 1.0L Turbo engine & CVT combination. The current 1.0 NA is simply too weak & unimpressive, and gets only worse when carrying 5 + 2 onboard.

I'm really scratching my head as to why the turbo-petrol has taken so long.
I get the feeling that manufacturers fear cross cannibalising sales across their own model range, far more than losing sales to actual competitors! Which is ridiculous.

It's like I'd rather have the consumer buy a competitor's product than risk the Kigers sales due to the launch of Triber turbo.

It's a brilliantly engineered product that can attract a wide bandwidth of customers. Unlike the plethora of micro/mini SUVs that are battling it out in a heavily crowded space, Tribers 3-row seating usp is unmatched. Triber has the potential to move slightly upmarket with a turbo cvt variant.

Hopefully Renault soon wakes up and smells the coffee or they learn the hard way by watching the Koreans garner tens of thousands of sales for the 3 row Creta variants.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 14:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
I get the feeling that manufacturers fear cross cannibalising sales across their own model range, far more than losing sales to actual competitors! Which is ridiculous.

It's like I'd rather have the consumer buy a competitor's product than risk the Kigers sales due to the launch of Triber turbo.

It's a brilliantly engineered product that can attract a wide bandwidth of customers. Unlike the plethora of micro/mini SUVs that are battling it out in a heavily crowded space, Tribers 3-row seating usp is unmatched. Triber has the potential to move slightly upmarket with a turbo cvt variant.

Hopefully Renault soon wakes up and smells the coffee or they learn the hard way by watching the Koreans garner tens of thousands of sales for the 3 row Creta variants.
Couldn't agree with you more on the points you made. Currently it is one of a kind car in its space like the Innova was and perhaps still is.
Like you, I feel Renault is concerned about the effect of a turbo Triber on a turbo Kiger's sales (perhaps they also face shortages/production capacity gaps). Unwarranted diffidence.
But look at the leaders - they are where they are because of a plethora of models. I am sure a turbo Triber would really bring in numbers for Renault and nudge it above Toyota in the charts.

Last edited by wilful : 8th March 2021 at 14:51.
Old 10th March 2021, 18:11   #7
BHPian

Renault has silently launched 2021 Triber, pricing starts at Rs.5.30 Lakh

The following are the trim-wise prices for the 2021 Renault Triber (ex-showroom):
2021 Triber RXE: Rs 5.30 lakh
2021 Triber RXL: Rs 5.99 lakh
2021 Triber RXL AMT: Rs 6.50 lakh
2021 Triber RXT: Rs 6.55 lakh
2021 Triber RXT AMT: Rs 7.05 lakh
2021 Triber RXZ: Rs 7.15 lakh
2021 Triber RXZ dual-tone: Rs 7.32 lakh
2021 Triber RXZ AMT: Rs 7.65 lakh
2021 Triber RXZ AMT: Rs 7.82 lakh

source: https://www.carwale.com/news/2021-re...t-rs-530-lakh/
SYSTEMIZED is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:03   #8
BHPian

Re: 2021 Renault Triber gets dual-tone colour options & new features | Launched at 5.30 lakh

Not sure why all roofs are black. I would have preferred a white roof on some of the colors, say like the Blue one (similar to Nexon). May be that is reserved for the 2022 Triber!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks