Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 14:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Since we are including discontinued models, wouldnt Tiago/Tigor JTP versions also qualify?
They weren't too expensive within their segment.
Now that you've asked, here are a few from the owner's WhatsApp Group. Credits to individual owners.

Driving into the sunset...
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-dsc_4525.jpg

When every drive puts a smile on your face...
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-016fd224d0f44dfebb94bed5ddd65714.jpeg

With another rare number...
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210314wa0006.jpg

Possibly the most customized Tiago JTP, runs a Stage 2 Quantum Tuning Remap, Valvetronic exhaust with downpipe, K&N Air filters, is lowered with Cobra springs, Brisk Evo Racing spark plugs, 205/50 R15 tyres...
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img_4539.jpg
vik99 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 14:25   #47
Senior - BHPian

Most of the cars/model here fall under one of the below category

1. Flop car/model, low seller.
2. Expensive cars(Maybach, 911, Ferrari's/lambo's of the world)
3. Limited edition.
4. Car that was sold 20 years ago(A squeaky clean 1.6 Ford IKON can be an exclusive car in 2021).
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 14:26   #48
BHPian

I feel all station wagons are eligible for this list but since Indians never considered station wagons as premium I don't think they can be called as exclusive.

Some cars that come to my mind:
Abarth Punto( I have seen only one in my entire life time, that too two weeks ago)
Facelifted Chevrolet Captiva( again, seen it once in a mall parking lot)
Chevrolet Trailblazer(seen one silver example that too only once)
Octavia RS245( so exclusive you still have some of them left in the showrooms)
Nissan Magnite( I think this depends on the area as I have seen a silver Magnite only once)
Skoda Karoq
Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia (LEGEND!)
Latest Honda CR-V (The one which was taken off shelves recently)
saikishor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 15:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Does exclusivity factor into your decision? Are you the person who doesn’t want to own the same car that ten others from his apartment complex own? Do you want your car to stand out in traffic? I realised that there are many such individuals, even here on the forum who desire something unique. Like, BHPian kamilharis who would swear by his Changan Eado.

7. Nissan Kicks

Attachment 2134670

The Nissan Kicks is big, tall, long, wide, and quirky. In the sea of Cretas and Seltos(es) and numerous other compact SUVs, it stands out — which is exactly why it belongs in this thread.

Link to Godzilla’s review (Nissan Kicks XV Diesel - Ownership Report)
[/b]

Hello Bhpians,
Great to know that Nissan kicks is included under exclusivity category lists and the featured orange kicks here belongs to me !

The very reason for me to choose Kicks was its uniqueness in design which was quirky and most importantly it was sold internationally by Nissan. All this with the tried and tested engines and platform used by several cars in the alliance! Moreover, it was 10% cheaper than the competitors with all the massive feature list and attractive interiors. Especially, the VDC /ESP with EBD being standard across diesel(bs4) and turbo variants which no other manufacturer dare to offer!

My kicks has now completed 32k kms in 25 months including 7 months of hibernation because of lockdown. Even now, some one stops by and asks about the car and several more on-lookers while driving. Kicks makes a perfect all rounder car when considering a car purely based on ride quality and price wrt features with only condition being a good dealer presence in your city! Cheers! Happy motoring.

Last edited by jeganatu : 24th March 2021 at 15:39.
jeganatu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 17:04   #50
BHPian

I get the drift of the OP in this thread. It's not necessarily sales flop or a bad product but some cars just remain exclusive because of competition overshadowing it.

Assuming all else is considered, if I were looking for a reliable Japanese workhorse I would buy a Isuzu MU-X (latest gen) over a Fortuner, for the exclusivity.
Old 24th March 2021, 17:56   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Every Safari Dicor / Storme is an exclusive car by that idea.

There are less than 5 safaris in the entire tier II city where I live, whereas there are hundreds of fortuners, cretas and other CSUVs.

Almost all sales duds are exclusive
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:36   #52
BHPian

I feel the cars which the companies offer in stock form from showroom don't offer exclusivity unless its a super car which are worth crores and not affordable to common man. To me, exclusivity means making car stand out apart from the rest of the same category cars through tasteful modifications. Though modifications are illegal in this country, i feel tasteful modification of a car will offer it an exclusivity from the rest of the plain jane cars.
Old 24th March 2021, 19:49   #53
BHPian

I am a total sucker for Hot Hatches, few from my list (Considering Indian Manufactured)

1. Fiat Palio S10 Edition : First real Hot hatch
2. Chevrolet SR-V : Premium Hatch and bigger than most compact sedans today
3. Zen Carbon & Steel : 3 door, why not.
4. Toyota Liva TRD : Fast and Very Reliable.
slamnos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 19:54   #54
BHPian

Did someone say exclusive?

How about this?A 2.0 VGT Sonata Transform CRDi with stick shift and 6 airbags and functional dual exhausts.11 years on and this one keeps getting handsome- er by the day.'Rarer' than the rare Embera too!

Straight lines over fluidic any given day.Jalopnik rates this generation of the Sonata as one of the better ageing designs from Hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img_20210129_192630.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-save_20210124_115156.jpg  

Last edited by octane1002 : 24th March 2021 at 19:57.
octane1002 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 21:23   #55
BHPian

I would add the 2019 Honda Civic to the same category. Extremely rare to catch a sight.
Kochikaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 21:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EightSix View Post
Does exclusivity factor into your decision? Are you the person who doesn’t want to own the same car that ten others from his apartment complex own? Do you want your car to stand out in traffic?
A resounding YES to all those questions! And so when my better-half and I were out shopping as a young couple almost a decade ago, we tried and rejected the Swift, Ritz, i10, Punto, Polo, and even the SX4 and went for this.

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-313184_243863142326390_1005802217_n.jpg

A Tata Vista is nothing special. But, ours in this shade of blue is quite a rarity and has always gotten the "Super Color" comments, as recently as last week too. We chose it for the color, the seats, the space, the features, and it came with a Fiat engine too. It now shares one garage with a Toyota Etios and another with a Vento, Swift, M800, but this Vista remains our prime choice. Every ride in it is still a pride and pleasure.
Old 24th March 2021, 22:15   #57
BHPian

Oh yes the right thread for me to post on. Always have found myself ending up to find the most "exclusive" solutions to all my transportation needs. Never get tired of folks asking me how, where and why. Believe me, it makes for some interesting conversations.

Daily family car: Mercedes R350 (possibly the only Obsidian black car I've seen till now) A very comfortable, reliable and subtle choice that has lasted us well.

Weekend/Track: SLC 43 AMG (tired of everyone asking me if it's an SLK with a misbadged trunk). Checks all the boxes of being fast enough to be fun, not too flashy and easy enough to fix when/if something goes wrong.

Daily 9-7: W221 S600 (again not a badge job and makes me take the long way back home, every single time). What can I say? To anyone who's had the opportunity to get in one and floor the thing, you know how I feel.

-M
Attached Thumbnails
Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0082.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0081.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0077.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0078.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0080.jpg  

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-img20210324wa0079.jpg  

Last edited by mkaysaw : 24th March 2021 at 22:18. Reason: Wrong word
mkaysaw is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 08:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Did someone say exclusive?

How about this?A 2.0 VGT Sonata Transform CRDi with stick shift and 6 airbags and functional dual exhausts.11 years on and this one keeps getting handsome- er by the day.'Rarer' than the rare Embera too!

Straight lines over fluidic any given day.Jalopnik rates this generation of the Sonata as one of the better ageing designs from Hyundai.
It definitely is the best design Hyundai ever had. The new elantra is a joke. The triangle headlights look like a kid drew them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Oh yes the right thread for me to post on. Always have found myself ending up to find the most "exclusive" solutions to all my transportation needs. Never get tired of folks asking me how, where and why. Believe me, it makes for some interesting conversations.

Daily family car: Mercedes R350 (possibly the only Obsidian black car I've seen till now) A very comfortable, reliable and subtle choice that has lasted us well.

Weekend/Track: SLC 43 AMG (tired of everyone asking me if it's an SLK with a misbadged trunk). Checks all the boxes of being fast enough to be fun, not too flashy and easy enough to fix when/if something goes wrong.

Daily 9-7: W221 S600 (again not a badge job and makes me take the long way back home, every single time). What can I say? To anyone who's had the opportunity to get in one and floor the thing, you know how I feel.

-M
More pics of the W221 PLEASE.
I was under the impression that the s600 variant was sold only in the pullman or armored GUARD variant. Is your car armoured?

Last edited by viXit : 25th March 2021 at 08:46.
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 09:26   #59
BHPian

Pretty much all Nissan badges will fall under this category. I am yet to see a Nissan GT-R on road. I have hardly seen an Evalia. Even the Terrano and Micra are had to spot these days.
GoCool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 11:03   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

One more thought. I would NEVER buy a car just because it is exclusive. The product competence, engine, gearbox, suspension & pricing are far more important to me. And that's what I'd recommend to everyone else too. If someone is hung up on "exclusivity", then:

1. Modify it tastefully . This way, you could have the segment-best car (because you didn't choose it merely for exclusivity) and will be "exclusive" too!

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-1.jpg

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-2.jpg

2. Exclusivity for cheap? Wrap it up!

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-3.jpg

Indian cars for those who desire exclusivity-4.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks