Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2021, 09:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dr. Pawan Goenka to retire from Mahindra Group after 27 years; Anish Shah to take over from Apri

Bosch Limited announced that Dr. Pawan Goenka, has joined its board as an Independent Director for a period of 5 years with effect from May 21, 2021 till May 20, 2026.

Dr. Pawan Goenka to retire from Mahindra Group after 27 years; Anish Shah to take over from April 2!-20210521_095610.jpg

Quote:
Goenka's appointment at Bosch comes after the resignation of Bernhard Straub, chairman and director of the company. Straub's resignation was due to change is the area of responsibility at the global level.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st May 2021 at 09:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dr. Pawan Goenka to retire from Mahindra Group after 27 years; Anish Shah to take over from Apri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Am a bit lukewarm toward Anish Shah though. He's an out and out finance guy with (it seems) absolutely no real experience, expertise or passion in cars. Or even any kind of engineering. But early days yet and many non-car guys have gone on to become great automotive CEOs. Let's see how Mahindra fares in the coming 5 years. That'll be his true test.
Well said. Dr Pawan Goenka's leadership at M&M and also at the SIAM will be missed. He was also earlier in the Governing Council of ARAI.

Dr Goenka's schooling was like any boy next door at the Shree Jain Vidyalaya, Kolkata. But his B Tech from IIT, Kanpur, PhD from Cornell University, a management degree from Harvard Business School and his first job at General Motors, USA, till 1993, are all embellishments to his CV. M&M could have surely retained their ex-CEO in an advisory capacity, given his rich background and excellent achievements.

But as you rightly say GTO about the new, incoming CEO's finance background, we have had Lee Iacocca, who was among the most famous CEO's of the past at Ford and Chrysler, and was basically a marketing man.

Another link to an interview by Dr Pawan Goenka by Mr Bob Rupani, Consulting Editor, Overdrive, here:-

https://www.overdrive.in/news-cars-a...th-bob-rupani/

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 22nd May 2021 at 12:51.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 18:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I am actually very surprised that Dr. Pavan Goenka now has no business or professional link to the M&M group. Usually such senior talent, rich in expertise and business wisdom is retained on as a non-executive Board member of the flagship or as Chairman of one or more of the other group companies. But such a clean break is rare in Indian run businesses at least. There is more to his exit than meets the eye and in my mind the benefit of doubt goes to Dr. Goenka. From my experience of Boards of listed companies this clean & complete break has come at Dr. Goenka's request - just my guess.

I won't comment on his successor whom I have dealt with professionally as in all fairness I should give him the benefit of my doubts too.
V.Narayan is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks