Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 11:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India

Jaguar has started accepting bookings for the F-Pace facelift. The SUV will be available in R-Dynamic S trim in both petrol and diesel versions. Deliveries will commence from May 2021.

Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India-download-4.jpg

The updated F-Pace gets new LED headlamps and slimmer tail lamp clusters, along with redesigned front and rear bumpers and a revised front grille.

Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India-download-2.jpg

On the inside, the SUV gets a redesigned dashboard with an 11.4-inch touchscreen unit featuring Jaguar's new Pivi Pro infotainment system, which is compatible with over-the-air updates. The car also gets a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a new steering wheel and gear selector, wireless phone charger and a cabin air ioniser.

Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India-download-3.jpg

In India, the F-Pace will be available with a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol and the next-generation 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged Ingenium diesel engine.

Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India-download-1.jpg
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Jaguar F-Pace facelift bookings open in India

Any details on the power and torque figures of the new diesel engine? And transmission options? The red colour in the interiors looks gaudy but if replaced with Tan leather, looks great.
Old 20th May 2021, 00:09   #3
BHPian

Although the launch has been postponed due to lockdown Jaguar has updated their website with the details of this car.
The D200 Mhev (diesel) comes with 200BHP and 430 NM of torque and the P250 (petrol) comes with 245BHP and 365 NM of torque. In my experience I would say that it has adequate grunt more than the GLE300d but not quite at X5 levels.
The main highlight is the redesigned interior which sort of makes it more than a facelift and it somehow feels that it has much better interior quality than the outgoing model (I may be wrong on this though). Thank god it comes with proper leather, unlike Mercedes which gives faux leather in GLE/GLS.

I have always been confused at the positioning of this car though. Most probably it would arrive at 70L Ex-Showroom translating to 81/83 Lakh OTR.
The Evoque is only 5-6 Lakh cheaper but is much smaller in dimension, heck Q3/X1 has a greater length. Then GLE/Velar becomes available with a difference of not more than 5-6Lakhs.
The gap between GLC/X3/Evoque and GLE/Velar is not even 10-12 Lakhs atleast on paper so I don't understand where does F-Pace slot.
Aaroah is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 12:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar F-Pace facelift to be launched in India very soon.

Quote:
Experience an improved sense of tactility with the new and intuitive Pivi Screen which enables seamless interactions with the vehicle's interiors.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th June 2021 at 12:46.
Old 9th June 2021, 18:07   #5
BHPian

The Pivi Pro system is apparently made by BlackBerry. They pivoted from making hardware to enterprise software long ago. It seems to be working quite well for them.

From the YT videos I have seen, UI seems intuitive with good touch response and improved daytime visibility. Wireless Apple Carplay is also provided, unlike MBUX.
Velars manufactured since April are also shipping with Pivi-Pro.

The new interior in the Sienna-Tan upholstery is beautifully crafted and looks much better than the competition.

Last edited by Aaroah : 9th June 2021 at 18:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks