Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2022, 13:41   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Official Press Release:

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:57   #92
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
And XL6 is 6 weeks. Let's wait till April end, this is working like an intraday trading in a stock market now
I am due to be in India for 10 days at end of next week and have already booked a Carens Prestige with a test drive confirmed. Was super excited to know the upgraded Ertiga and XL6 will launch this month...plan to test drive the current models of these as well while in India. The new models wont be available for a TD, perhaps I can take a sneak peak at the showroom.

Need to make a decision soon but the waiting period for all these vehicles is a concern
Old 7th April 2022, 14:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
I am due to be in India for 10 days at end of next week and have already booked a Carens Prestige with a test drive confirmed. Was super excited to know the upgraded Ertiga and XL6 will launch this month...plan to test drive the current models of these as well while in India. The new models wont be available for a TD, perhaps I can take a sneak peak at the showroom.

Need to make a decision soon but the waiting period for all these vehicles is a concern
Till now only XL6 AT has been available for a TD anywhere in India and not ERTIGA AT through dealerships. Going by the same trend you might have XL6 available for the TD and not ERTIGA (This might change for ERTIGA now but even the TD vehicles will take time to reach the dealerships).

Now looks like both Ertiga and XL6 are coming with 6 speed AT and 6 airbags + bumped up power. This is clearly due to the disruption created by KIA Carens.

I have already moved my booking from D AT to P DCT that has pushed my waiting period by another 21 weeks. This decision was purely attributed to price and VFM factor keeping aside weighted risks for both Petrol and Diesel discussions on the portal.

One thing is for sure though, at any given point of time XL6/Ertiga (considering they are now going to match the NEW BASIC SAFETY NORMS) will always carry a greater VFM attribute as compared to Carens.

You can definitely rely on the TD/Ownership reviews of our fellow BHPians on this forum if you are unable to TD them in person however my suggestion is to go ahead and book XL6/Ertiga as well (after confirming the waiting period number on the docket) and somehow I feel that there is a high chance to get an updated XL6 (that will save you further 1-2 L as compared to equivalent Carens) before you get Carens delivered to yourself.

Any research by KIA cannot beat the preparedness (Market versus Value) of MSIL and I am sure you will not regret buying a Maruti car. I don't think anyone has ever done that.

Infact I am glad, Kia Carens pushed MSIL to introduce updated XL6/Ertiga.

Now, 6 speed TC is mentioned in the reports but still there is an element of doubt in the number of airbags.

However considering the Waiting period and deliveries nearing Oct 1 where Mr. Gadkari has mandated 6 airbags for almost all the cars on the Indian roads, XL6/Ertiga if introduced with only 2 set of airbags as of the current model would be a DOA (dead on arrival) product.

So in all probabilities, go ahead and book your Ertiga/XL6 as well.

Best Regards,
Achint
achintatri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 15:58   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

6 speed AT from Maruti in our market is a competition killer! And if there is a XL7 AT, that will be perfect.

At this point, the only things holding the Ertiga/XL6/XL7 back will be their safety (or the lack of it). To a lesser extent, the high NVH levels inside the cabin will also rankle prospective customers, when the competition offers very refined and silent interiors.
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 16:14   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
So in all probabilities, go ahead and book your Ertiga/XL6 as well.
Best Regards,
Achint
Thanks for your feedback. I might just do that after getting hold of an SA over the phone. Being here in the UK, I am unable to get them on the phone. The usual automated NEXA response is they will get back to me shortly but I doubt they will for an international customer.

Why cant they just provide a direct contact number like Kia where I was actually able to speak to a real human?

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
And if there is a XL7 AT, that will be perfect.
This is what I am waiting for...a more premium 7 seater than Ertiga would fit me to the tee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
At this point, the only things holding the Ertiga/XL6/XL7 back will be their safety (or the lack of it). To a lesser extent, the high NVH levels inside the cabin will also rankle prospective customers, when the competition offers very refined and silent interiors.
I am fairly confident about the 6 airbags with the impending rule change later this year. Else it would be a daft move from MS. As for NVH levels, this seems to be the biggest gripe with an otherwise very sorted XL6. Hoping they have better insulation to dampen this in the upgraded models.
Old 7th April 2022, 16:36   #96
BHPian

Any news about XL6/7 getting a sunroof, now that Carens provides that option?
Seems not possible as the rear AC vents on the roof on Ertiga/XL6 don't allow in the current version. And the Indonesian version too does not get a sunroof. But with the upcoming Brezza getting one, can hope XL6/7 also gets it. If it does, then there will be more cancellations of Carens top-end variant bookings.
Knightrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 17:05   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
This is what I am waiting for...a more premium 7 seater than Ertiga would fit me to the tee.
Yes, I would say that too. Our market badly misses an affordable 7 seater automatic MPV.

Quote:
I am fairly confident about the 6 airbags with the impending rule change later this year.
6 airbags will be fine; but I would prefer the structurally sound Marazzo (even with only 2 airbags) over a XL7 with 6 airbags...unless the XL6/7 comes with a strengthened body shell now. After all, airbags are only the 2nd line of defence for car occupants. The body itself has to be able to absorb and deflect energy away from the cabin.

It's like this - if a car has 6 airbags and doesn't deflect energy away from the cabin, its occupants can still suffer from the consequences of the jolt that they would experience. Medically, the consequences can be very severe; internal hemorrhages, fractures, dislocated/torn organs...all of this is quite ghastly, but necessary to keep in mind.

Quote:
As for NVH levels, this seems to be the biggest gripe with an otherwise very sorted XL6. Hoping they have better insulation to dampen this in the upgraded models.
Yes, the NVH levels do matter! It makes all the difference during long roadtrips.
locusjag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 18:45   #98
BHPian

While I dont think 10hp is going to make a huge difference because the additional features & changes in the interior as well as the heavier 6-spd auto transmission will probably offset the gain, I do think the fuel economy will certainly see a considerable climb. I am hoping a more throughly spread ratio should help for a comfortable drive.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 20:34   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daywiz View Post
While I dont think 10hp is going to make a huge difference because the additional features & changes in the interior as well as the heavier 6-spd auto transmission will probably offset the gain
It will make a difference in performance. An additional feature is just a 7 inch Smartplay pro touchscreen and nothing else.

Last edited by Vignesh Vee : 7th April 2022 at 21:03.
Old 8th April 2022, 11:19   #100
BHPian

Question to those who already booked. Is the booking amount 100% refundable?
Also any idea if XL6 is coming with 7 seater option as well?
I have a Kia Carens Prestige 1.5 P booking active. But want to book this as an alternative and take delivery of any vehicle that comes first.
After exchanging my current car with Epitome Kia, I am without a car now . I don't have confidence on Kia to allot vehicles in ethical and transparent manner. Heck, I am having doubts if someone with influence already took delivery of vehicle alloted to me as I am about to complete the waiting period as per docket but still no signs of delivery.
rajeevyes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:44   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
I have a Kia Carens Prestige 1.5 P booking active. But want to book this as an alternative and take delivery of any vehicle that comes first.
This is exactly the same situation I am in. Booked the 1.5NA Carens witha waiting period of 48 weeks.... that's due by Dec this year. Price hike has prompted me to look at the XL6 but rumours suggest no 7 seater. My intention is to wait till April 21st when all will be revealed, and then decide on booking XL6.
akannath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:58   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevyes View Post
Question to those who already booked. Is the booking amount 100% refundable?
Also any idea if XL6 is coming with 7 seater option as well?
After exchanging my current car with Epitome Kia, I am without a car now . I don't have confidence on Kia to allot vehicles in ethical and transparent manner. Heck, I am having doubts if someone with influence already took delivery of vehicle alloted to me as I am about to complete the waiting period as per docket but still no signs of delivery.
Normally Maruti cuts Rs 500 for cancellation. It's standard amount. I booked last year with one dealer but got it from another dealer who had it readily available. They deducted Rs 500 only from my booking amount.

Excited to see new Ertiga with new features. Ertiga/XL6 won't be disturbed at all with Carens. New model will take Ertiga/XL6 sales to new highs.
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 11:59   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Model code, color and variant distribution of new Ertiga:

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-img20220408wa0015.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 8th April 2022 at 16:43. Reason: As requested
Leoshashi is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 12:59   #104
Senior - BHPian

2022 Maruti Suzuki XL6 facelift unofficial bookings open

Maruti Suzuki started accepting bookings for the 2022 Ertiga facelift earlier this week but is yet to open bookings for the XL6 facelift. However, according to a media report, select dealerships are taking bookings for the XL6 already.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-xl6modelimage.jpg

Like the Ertiga, the 2022 Maruti XL6 is also set to get minor cosmetic changes on the exterior. Inside, the MPV will come equipped with a 7-inch SmartPlay Pro touchscreen infotainment system. We can also expect other changes like new seat upholstery, etc.

Powering the XL6 will be Maruti's new-gen K-series 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol engine, which will get a 6-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters as an option for the first time.

Source: Zigwheels
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 13:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

Book this 6 speed AT! You never know what market research MS does and goes back to 4AT or worse AMT within a year or so.
amol4184 is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks