Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2021, 12:25   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched

Mod Note: Our Maruti XL6 Facelift Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

According to rumours, Ertiga and XL6 are getting more features like auto-dimming IRVM, 6 airbags and bigger alloys due to pressure from other competitors with more features.

2022 Maruti Ertiga & XL6, now launched-918eb4a9f5ce4f2780882b3622c8e526.jpeg

Quote:
In an exclusive report, we can divulge that the Ertiga as well as the XL6 is in for a notable update in the coming months. As per our sources, they could get additional features like more airbags, a wireless smartphone charging facility, bigger tyre size and much more. With Maruti Suzuki’s main rival Hyundai launching the Alcazar seven-seater based on the Creta soon, the competition is only getting thicker.

Similar updates possible for the flagships Ciaz and S-Cross as well.
https://gaadiwaadi.com/exclusive-upd...-features/amp/

Last edited by Aditya : 26th April 2022 at 09:09. Reason: Link to review added
CEF_Beasts is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 12:37   #2
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features (including 6 airbags)

Long overdue for Maruti, but I think these changes may come by 2022, when the Ciaz and Ertiga will anyway be due for a face-lift as per Maruti's 4 year upgrade cycle.
armaan_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 13:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Long overdue for Maruti, but I think these changes may come by 2022, when the Ciaz and Ertiga will anyway be due for a face-lift as per Maruti's 4 year upgrade cycle.
Yes
And the XL6 is not even 2 year old in the market, don't think it will get any update so soon.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 13:17   #4
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2021 at 18:49.
WhiteSierra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th April 2021, 13:22   #5
BHPian

I don't want to exaggerate, still wanted to ask this question. When there is a change of tyre size or adding of electronic gadgets, will it not require testing? Meaning the upsize in tyres might also require to validate the wheel bearings, moving parts connected between tyres and steering as it could add a little bit of mass and so the stress? We are bound to change tyre sizes for under spec cars (eg: honda city, etc) even today, but wanted to know from OEM standpoint if they will have a process or is it just a casual update.?

Last edited by Balaji31582 : 17th April 2021 at 13:24. Reason: Modified the question
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 13:43   #6
BHPian

Maruti should bring the dualjet to its 1.5 engine with these updates
abhi_krao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 17:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
I don't want to exaggerate, still wanted to ask this question. When there is a change of tyre size or adding of electronic gadgets, will it not require testing?
Suzuki already has a version of the XL6 for the export market, the XL7, which has bigger wheels and bench seats for the second row. For electronic gadgets, they can test it with existing model.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 18:51   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Airbags have to be taken into consideration at the design stages of the vehicle. If the car indeed gets more airbags, it'll be the rarest of rare cases where more airbags are added midlife into the model's production cycle. Last was the Elite i20, but it was internationally already sold with 6 airbags so the car & parts were ready.

Last edited by GTO : 17th April 2021 at 18:54.
GTO is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 00:02   #9
BHPian

Getting 6 airbags is a good option, always. But the biggest issue with both these cars is the aged automatic gearbox. That is a big turn off for people like me. MS should definitely plonk a better auto box in both the cars. That, in my opinion would be a very good upgrade. Needless to say it should be a TC and not the classic trick of putting in an AMT box.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th April 2021 at 00:35. Reason: Typos
Maverick1977 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 12:56   #10
BHPian

6 airbags, on a Maruti? What, is this real life?

Jokes aside, It is very welcome. I think what Maruti should focus on is plonking a turbo petrol in cars like XL6 and S-cross which have a supposedly 'premium' image. And getting the GOAT but short-lived 1.5 diesel back. Seriously though is it ever coming back? I wanted to buy a diesel delta Ciaz last october but ultimately got a petrol Alpha. There aren't many 1.5 diesel marutis available used as well.

I have seen DCT transmission in the European reviews of the S-cross, an AWD system as well. Why is Suzuki so stingy for their largest market? It almost makes me feel like they think we only care about mileage, mileage and mileage. But market is evolving. Many people want the DCT and turbo petrols.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 15:31   #11
BHPian

Let's hope this is not some sticker-spoiler special edition. Well it is high time they stop resting on their laurels and buckle up for providing us leading products. Its long overdue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Airbags have to be taken into consideration at the design stages of the vehicle. If the car indeed gets more airbags, it'll be the rarest of rare cases where more airbags are added midlife into the model's production cycle. Last was the Elite i20, but it was internationally already sold with 6 airbags so the car & parts were ready.
In that case, maybe we will get 2 additional airbags only, fitted to the front seats like in base 5th gen City, as I could not find curtain airbags even in the Thailand model of Ciaz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
6 airbags, on a Maruti? What, is this real life?
Poor little Kizashi is inconsolably crying that you forgot all about it.
Researcher is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 15:36   #12
BHPian

The 1.5L petrol is excellent and refined.The only major due in Ciaz/SCross/Ertiga/XL6 is the good 6 speed manual gearbox and CVT automatic. Adding 6 airbags may not be feasible now due to its existing Heartec platform and structure. Even globally,I'm not sure on other Suzuki cars with 6 airbags.
ash22 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 17:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

The XL6 desperately cries out for wheels and tyres that fill out those cladded wheel arches better. I was looking at a 6/7 seater semi seriously and frankly everything in XL6 appealed except this factor which made the Ertiga so much better.

I would have expected Maruti to bring the XL7 into the market especially looking at the amount of body parts its shares with the Ertiga. However perhaps Maruti is looking at the share of sales between the XL6 and the 7 seater Ertiga to decide. Also given the possibility of bring in the Suzuki A-Cross the XL7 might be a crowd in that space.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 08:43   #14
BHPian

Uh oh! Hope they do this by July 2021 (What car for under 14 lakhs ex-showroom?). I am in the market for a new car and was considering XL6/S-Cross/Ciaz.
Old 19th April 2021, 10:58   #15
BHPian

Probably after introducing these features, Maruti will resort to some cost cutting like removing the metal parts from the body and replacing them with plastic body. This will help them reduce costs and shed some more weight which will help them gain some more mileage and they will again have some slogans like "India's most fuel efficient LUV". Or remove the steering and replace it with a joystick and a slogan like-"experience gaming in real life situations". Or replace seats with removable benches and a slogan like-"Take your benches wherever you go". Replace the entire roof with some Fiber glass and then a slogan-"Enjoy a convertible car with a covered roof".
su1978 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks