Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2022, 19:48   #61

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

The XL6 launch will likely be on 21st April.
Source -
Link 1 - https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/20...f-april-51537/

Link 2 - https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...ticle-90566841
shankhajit.das is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 17:48   #62
BHPian

re: Rumour: Maruti Ertiga & XL6 to gain new features. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 11.29 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Does she have any insights on how long to the launch given training has started?
With my contact in NEXA I made it evidently clear when I booked that I am not looking for the current generation. He was ok to take the booking and 'prioritize' when the new launch happens, though he was totally uncommitted on the launch. Only said, there are rumours online, but I cannot confirm.

Launch between 21-24th of April, Dispatch will start in 1st week of May. New bookings are now for new model as Dispatch for the current one has stopped.

16 inches alloys confirmed by Nexa employee nothing else.

I think 6 airbags and HUD might also be there.

Will be booking mine tomorrow.
BikerKeeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:14   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post
Launch between 21-24th of April, Dispatch will start in 1st week of May. New bookings are now for new model as Dispatch for the current one has stopped.

Talked to Nexa SA, 6 airbags confirmed along with 17 inch tires for upcoming XL6 launching on April 24 but 6 speed AT gearbox not confirmed.
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 20:05   #64

Update - went ahead and booked today. The booking was taken for new XL6, but with the old nomenclature - Zeta MT. The dealer said that after the launch we can change the variant and the transmission if we want. The waiting period is 10 weeks, which comes to 10th June.
Fingers crossed!
shankhajit.das is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 15:31   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKeeda View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Talked to Nexa SA, 6 airbags confirmed along with 17 inch tires for upcoming XL6 launching on April 24 but 6 speed AT gearbox not confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankhajit.das View Post
Update - went ahead and booked today. The booking was taken for new XL6, but with the old nomenclature - Zeta MT. The dealer said that after the launch we can change the variant and the transmission if we want. The waiting period is 10 weeks, which comes to 10th June.
Fingers crossed!
Did any of you enquire about 7 seater options please? Did the Nexa SA given any indication? This is what I am interested in...as a hedge against further delays and price increases for the Carens
Old 4th April 2022, 15:45   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Did any of you enquire about 7 seater options please? Did the Nexa SA given any indication? This is what I am interested in...as a hedge against further delays and price increases for the Carens

I don't think there would be any 7 seater version in XL6 otherwise it might cannibalize Ertiga. You should look at Ertiga strictly in case 7 seats is a mandatory requirement for you.

I checked that the car seat I install in Ertiga hinders with the 60% portion of the middle row and few features like cruise control missing in the same that pushed me towards XL6.

I am OK with captain seats in XL6 as they offer much better sitting comfort then Ertiga (no offenses to current Ertiga owners please).

I only have two mandatory requirements in the new XL6: 6 airbags and a better (probably 6 speed) TC.

If these two are met, XL6 is my next car. I had booked Carens but I am definitely not happy with the price (with already costly Diesel AT) increase and have already made up my mind to cancel the same.

If you need to hedge, better book both Ertiga and XL6.

The chances are, you will get them before Carens in case you have booked one.
achintatri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 16:23   #67
BHPian

mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
I don't think there would be any 7 seater version in XL6 otherwise it might cannibalize Ertiga. You should look at Ertiga strictly in case 7 seats is a mandatory requirement for you.
=========
The chances are, you will get them before Carens in case you have booked one.
Thanks @achintari. Thats useful info. I was hoping XL6 would have a 7 seater option as per some rumours. I am in the market for a 7 seater but prefer the XL6 interiors to the Ertiga. I have booked the Prestige 1.5P variant of the Carens but the on-road price now is 12.8L (ex warranty and care package). This would be very close to the top end Alpha of the current XL6. Hence the interest.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th April 2022 at 16:38. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.
Old 4th April 2022, 16:28   #68

Quote:
Didn't ask the SA, as I was looking for a 6 seater for myself, sorry. I did ask the SA to contact me as soon as he receives any information about the variants. On the same thought, I really hope Maruti does not pull off a Carens, by providing 6 seater only in the highest variants.
shankhajit.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 17:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
mod note: Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Thanks @achintari. Thats useful info. I was hoping XL6 would have a 7 seater option as per some rumours. I am in the market for a 7 seater but prefer the XL6 interiors to the Ertiga. I have booked the Prestige 1.5P variant of the Carens but the on-road price now is 12.8L (ex warranty and care package). This would be very close to the top end Alpha of the current XL6. Hence the interest.
If you are looking for manual gearbox, why don't u go for 1.4 turbo, much better engine as compared to 1.5 NA petrol. You can look at prestige or prestige plus in tht case.
One of my friend got the 1.4 prestige at 14L all inclusive here in Pune. For about 1L more it's worth a shot in case manual is OK with you.

My issue is that I drive automatics only and considering 1.4 DCT horror stories, I cud only book Carens Diesel AT so the VFM factor doesn't exist as of now.
achintatri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:09   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankhajit.das View Post
Update - went ahead and booked today.
Based on your feedback, had a word with my known contact in dealership. He mentioned that there is no need to book it right now on XL6 name, as priority of delivery depends on the date/time of punching the booking in their DMS - dealer management system. In your case it would be modification of your booking.

As per him, the pre booking phase will ideally start around 15th April.

I have 3 bookings with Kia - 2 for Carens and 1 for Seltos (Whichever comes first )
The way they have fooled customers is pushing me against their product.

Waiting for this launch !
ptaneja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 18:28   #71
BHPian

Hello Friends,

Spoke to my Sales Advisor in Nexa JP Nagar Bangalore ( Kalyani Motors) just now, Pre-booking for 2022 updated XL6 has started, pre-booking amount of 11K INR + Aadhaar copy and PAN Copy to be self-attested and given along with Cheque. No launch date or delivery date committed.

Sanjeev
KA-05
Old 4th April 2022, 21:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjeev V S View Post
Hello Friends,

Spoke to my Sales Advisor in Nexa JP Nagar Bangalore ( Kalyani Motors) just now, Pre-booking for 2022 updated XL6 has started, pre-booking amount of 11K INR + Aadhaar copy and PAN Copy to be self-attested and given along with Cheque. No launch date or delivery date committed.

Sanjeev
KA-05
This is quite strange and contradictory! Just had a word with known person in showroom and he told me to wait for pre-booking. Media event is scheduled between 21st to 24th April. It will probably open up just before that.
I have also send an email to Maruti asking if offically bookings are open or not.
Old 4th April 2022, 21:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Sanjeev
KA-05
I wonder why they are asking for government documents for pre-booking. It's none of the dealers business to keep these on record as far as I can understand. Those are only required for registration.
Old 5th April 2022, 11:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

Sanjeev
KA-05
I got exactly the same info from Mysore Road Nexa regarding pre-booking.
I'm planning to visit the show room Thursday/Friday and make the booking.

I strongly feel that we should go with the dealer for pre-booking as they will have some control on allotting the vehicle.

Sales rep could confirm only 6 airbags. Anyhow, we cannot really rely on these confirmations as sales rep from same showroom had very confidently ruled out the facelift few months back
We need to book and wait till launch.
Old 5th April 2022, 13:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
If you are looking for manual gearbox, why don't u go for 1.4 turbo, much better engine as compared to 1.5 NA petrol.
You are right, I am actively thinking of upgrading my booking to a Prestige 1.4 Turbo. But will only do so after speaking to my SA - I dont want to be pushed to the very back of the queue again. I am not particularly looking for auto box, vehicle is mainly for my parents who will be chauffer driven all the time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks