Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2024, 14:03   #766

Re: Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!

While I love the looks of present Thar, I just couldn't convince myself to like this 4/5 door Thar. While the Thar does have similarities with Wrangler in terms of looks, this one just reminds more of Bolero and older Armada. Looks are subjective but I think the final product on road may not be worth the hype and may seriously sell way less than Thar albeit the initial hype. I hope the final product on road looks better than the camouflaged and other 3D renders available online. Pardon my rant but I was expecting a better breakthrough product and not like a copy of a copy.

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th April 2024 at 14:17. Reason: Minor typo correction
Moto_MP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 17:05   #767
naj
BHPian

Hello Folks,
It’s somewhat related to this thread. Apologies if I have not posted in the “what car?” Thread.
I am fortunate to work in India for a long time. And looking at the global scenario, India is the best place to stay, extremely safe (police human rights vis a vis US), retire and grow without sirens and stray artillery. It’s really safe. Pune is like an oven unfortunately. I am fortunate to get approved for a PIO through a Baghdadi relationship/DNA and stuff and present regime is very supportive to genuine applicants (otherwise??). I don’t mince words.

Now my question is since as we plan our future retirement and things before we die, with 15L down payment ready + 8L-12 L loan/3y what do I choose, say between a Isuzu Vmax or a 5 door Thar.

Thar which is being tested + seems to be a far more feature enriched and enhanced machine, pls kindly guide if possible to the best options.

PS- Will be asking for economical property options in UT in shifting gears.
Thanks.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st May 2024 at 20:18. Reason: Punctuation as per T bhp rules
naj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 21:47   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naj View Post
Hello Folks,
It’s somewhat related to this thread. Apologies if I have not posted in the “what car?” Thread.
I am fortunate to work in India for a long time. And looking at the global scenario, India is the best place to stay, extremely safe (police human rights vis a vis US), retire and grow without sirens and stray artillery. It’s really safe. Pune is like an oven unfortunately. I am fortunate to get approved for a PIO through a Baghdadi relationship/DNA and stuff and present regime is very supportive to genuine applicants (otherwise??). I don’t mince words.

Now my question is since as we plan our future retirement and things before we die, with 15L down payment ready + 8L-12 L loan/3y what do I choose, say between a Isuzu Vmax or a 5 door Thar.

Thar which is being tested + seems to be a far more feature enriched and enhanced machine, pls kindly guide if possible to the best options.

PS- Will be asking for economical property options in UT in shifting gears.
Thanks.
No comments on the Thar 5 door till it's officially released, but if you're considering the Isuzu, I would recommend checking out the toyota Hilux. Last I checked local dealers were offerring 10-12 L discounts on it.
Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 16:57   #769
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar 5-door: Checkout the rear seat legroom & boot space

Having launched the XUV 3XO, Mahindra is now gearing up for the next big launch scheduled for August 15 – the Thar 5-door.

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-img_1610.jpg

The Thar 5-door will be positioned as a more practical alternative to the 3-door version. To achieve this, Mahindra has extended the wheelbase and added a pair of doors. The latest spy images provide a better idea of the rear seat legroom in the Thar 5-door. As you can see, there is enough space between the front and rear seats for a large jerry can.

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-img_1613.jpg

The other image shows the boot space. The Thar 5-door has quite a spacious boot with a flat floor. It appears to have enough space for a few large suitcases. The wheel arches do take up some space though.

Field trials of the 4-door Mahindra Thar begin!-img_1607.jpg

Being a family SUV, the Thar 5-door will be equipped with several comfort and convenience features. The SUV is expected to get electrically adjustable and ventilated front seats, automatic climate control with rear AC vents, reading lamps for rear passengers, a 10.25-inch touchscreen paired with a 9-speaker Harman-Kardon audio system, a digital instrument cluster and an auto-dimming IRVM.

The Thar 5-door will be offered with the same engine options as the 3-door version. These include a 2.2-litre diesel producing 130 BHP and 300 Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol that makes 150 BHP and 300-320 Nm. Both engines are likely to be offered with 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmissions.

Thanks to Ankur for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 3rd May 2024 at 16:59.
TusharK is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 17:31   #770
BHPian

Thanks Tushar.
Any word on Thar 5 Door getting ADAS Level 2 or something?
That will be a killer combo and I will be the first one to book it in that case.
Rohitthebest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 20:18   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Mahindra Thar 5-door: Checkout the rear seat legroom & boot space

The Thar 5-door will be offered with the same engine options as the 3-door version. These include a 2.2-litre diesel producing 130 BHP and 300 Nm and a 2.0-litre petrol that makes 150 BHP and 300-320 Nm. Both engines are likely to be offered with 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic transmissions.
Engine should have higher state of tune.

Last edited by VRSriram : 3rd May 2024 at 20:21.
VRSriram is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 15:16   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Are the engine figures confirmed? I feel these numbers are too low for the added weight of the 5-door Thar and the Scorpios engine tunes should be carried over to this. Also, MLD for the petrol variants please! And maybe offer 4WD as standard to differentiate it mechanically from the Scorpio-N
Sensible_Speed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks