Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 03:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Modern car trends headed in the right direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few of my friends did upgrade to a higher wattage bulb with relays, but, the headlamp console over time started to fade because of heat. In one car, the bulb holder cracked, in another, the headlamp assembly has simply faded.
I use stock 60/55W bulbs in my 19 year old reflectors. I use the cheapest Osram Originals. I wired up 4 micro relays and 4 fuses. One for each beam so that I will have at least one light should a relay burn out.

Before that I had only about 12,4V at the bulbs. Now I have 13V. Bulbs have lasted 2 years so far.

Indian2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 16:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

While a lot has been said about the modern trend of DRLs and disturbing LEDs what about the design of the light case ? Most of the new vehicles have this kind of 'cat-half-open-eyes' look to them these days ! From the likes of Venue/Creta/Harrier even up to the Bugatti Centodieci & Lucid Air sedan.

Modern car trends headed in the right direction?-thin-lights.png

Last edited by TrackDay : 2nd May 2021 at 16:05.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 22:28   #33
BHPian

One trend that absolutely needs to be gone:

Gigantic Touch Screens- Apparently, almost every car launched in the recent times just wants to become a "tablet on wheels". Difficult to think of a use case other than as a display for the backup/360d camera.

In my opinion, it can never replace the tactile feel that physical buttons offer. With the majority of controls now being pushed into the touch screens (even as basic as climate control), It has just got harder not to be a distracted driver.
With Physical buttons you didn't have to take your eyes off the road, Just reach out your hand and you knew what the button you're looking for felt like.

Even if you consider the aesthetic aspect of touch screens, it doesn't score that well either, Yes it makes the interior look more clean/minimalistic, But takes away the overall oomph. I would prefer a hundred physical buttons in my car, over a single slab of glass all over the centre console.
RishavRBhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 20:58   #34
BHPian

This statistics is interesting & gives the trend
Attached Thumbnails
Modern car trends headed in the right direction?-img_20210925_075638.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks