Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2021, 20:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

'The Fuel Deliver' app-based doorstep fuel delivery service launched in Mumbai

App-based door-to-door fuel delivery service called 'The Fuel Delivery' has been launched in Mumbai.

'The Fuel Deliver' app-based doorstep fuel delivery service launched in Mumbai-tfd-bowser-i-ii.jpg

'The Fuel Delivery' is a start-up that aims to cater to sectors like real estate, hospitals, corporate office parks, schools and institutions, banks, shopping malls, warehouses and agriculture. The company has signed an agreement with the Indian Oil Corporation Limited to offer doorstep delivery of diesel anywhere in India.

'The Fuel Deliver' app-based doorstep fuel delivery service launched in Mumbai-tfd-bowser-ii.jpg

Customers can place an order through a mobile or web app. The fuel is delivered with customer details like name, mobile number, quantity, address and time of delivery. Bowsers that comply with the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organisation (PESO) standards will bring it to the set destination. All delivery vehicles are monitored and tracked in real-time.

With three bowsers, the company expects to deliver approximately 3,00,000 litres in a month in Mumbai.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 20:52   #2
BHPian

Re: 'The Fuel Deliver' app-based doorstep fuel delivery service launched in Mumbai

I have my doubts on this from a utility and safety standpoint if real estate includes personal vehicles,

Firstly, fuel comes to you but nowhere to go with the current lockdowns in place and Covid not going away in 2021. Secondly, getting a car refilled in a dense urban society in Mumbai is risky.

When people who are refueling their own car don't comply with safety rules at the pump (switching off mobiles, not smoking inside the car), it's going to be really hard to get other residents and workers to play ball. With so many other vehicles parked in close proximity, it could result in a massive disaster even if the bowsers are complying with all safety standards.
sid_deb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 20:57   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 'The Fuel Deliver' app-based doorstep fuel delivery service launched in Mumbai

Sounds great at first glance for cases where a vehicle has run dry and owner isn't able to procure some fuel to get it to a filling station.
But in my personal opinion - in the non-political / non-covid part of life - this is the STUPIDEST thing I have heard/read about in 2021.

So many risks, fire hazards and wastage of fuel (in the engines of delivery vehicles) - come to mind. There are far better things to do before such facilities should become a priority. Wonder why this even got an approval of the authorities.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 21:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is not so much to fill the tanks of stranded vehicles. It will be mainly for institutional buyers to run their gensets. I remember the hospital where I worked in 2010 used to spend Rs. 30,000/- per day on diesel for the generator. I'm sure many tech parks, malls, etc use similar huge amounts.
Also hopefully it will be used to fuel agri vehicles and hence keep them off the busy streets of Bangalore.
I doubt they are going to come and deliver 5 L of diesel. Please do note no petrol is offered.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 21:38   #5
snr
BHPian

This is a huge benefit for commercial buildings or places with bigger requirements because it helps save time and money in procuring fuel. My office used to get diesel for our generators from a company called MyPetrolPump (they don't deliver petrol, only diesel but are called MyPetrolPump ) I think it's a great idea.
snr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 21:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

What is not clear is the price they will charge.

Petrol price + transportation + mark up + any other costs will drive up the price quite a bit I guess. I have no idea about the quantum of petrol consumption in these sectors but buying in bulk is what will make sense I believe.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 22:01   #7
BHPian

As the article and the concept states, it's more of a corporate/fleet solution and a great one at thar. The advantages that I foresee from this model:

1. Saves refuelling time for the fleet.
2. Avoiding the movement of vehicles just for refueling
3. Fuel Quality check
4. Avoiding pilferage by driver
5. Freeing up space at Fuel stations

It definitely isn't for individuals in housing societies. That will be counter-productive as moving in the bowser to fill a single car will outweigh the benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
But in my personal opinion - in the non-political / non-covid part of life - this is the STUPIDEST thing I have heard/read about in 2021.
I am sure you will appreciate the idea once you take into account the following:

1. Target segment is institutions and Fleet owners
2. Diesel only
3. Not an emergency / individual convenience / road side assistance model

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th May 2021 at 23:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts at once. Thanks!
R_Gowardhan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 22:10   #8
snr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
What is not clear is the price they will charge.
MyPetrolPump charges a flat 99 rupees for fuel delivery. You can order and pay online so there is no misuse of cash. I have seen it first hand and I think they have done it well. Everything is transparent, billing, fuel dispensing etc. It helps in case of bulk purchases, but couple of times my colleagues were almost out of fuel and they paid online for about 40 litres. So I feel it is a good initiative.
snr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 22:22   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Also hopefully it will be used to fuel agri vehicles and hence keep them off the busy streets of Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
1. Saves refuelling time for the fleet.
2. Avoiding the movement of vehicles just for refueling
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
1. Target segment is institutions and Fleet owners
Absolutely agree with these very logical reasonings. In fact - these can be big differentiators.
However - the below part from OP is what I'm basing my reservations towards the scheme -
Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
With three bowsers, the company expects to deliver approximately 3,00,000 litres in a month in Mumbai.
In Mumbai. Is it going to operate elsewhere also in near future? In Mumbai I feel there is a good amount of fuel bunks already at reasonable distances. So filling up enroute - is typically convenient.

Significant amount of the fleet operations in Mumbai/MH actually work on contracting basis where the actual cars are not directly owned by the fleet now a days - but by subcontractors who have their 4-5 cars etc tagged to the actual fleet.

The real use can definitely be for diesel generation plant filling at commercial complexes. This I certainly find a useful approach.
Old 4th May 2021, 22:52   #10
BHPian

We have been using mypetrolpump for last few years for getting diesel for our apartment generators.
Similarly there are two schools nearby who use the same for filling their buses.

Saves time, hassle, money, pilferage coupled with safety makes it a compelling proposition.
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 23:28   #11
BHPian

I think this is a great idea for utilities such as DG sets in appartments or commercial complexes. Our apartment is small with 28 flats and the security guy has to go to the fuel station with a can to procure diesel. In Karnataka there was a rule that prohibits procuring of Diesel or petrol via bottles or cans as there were some crimes committed with the fuel procured through such means.

Having said this, I don't think there would be takers among vehicle users as fuel stations are available in abundance and it saves on waiting time.
samuelv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 08:59   #12
BHPian

We have been using this service (https://mypetrolpump.com/) in our apartment complex for the past few years now.

Its super convenient and safe too! Its a tanker mounted on a ISUZU pick-up and can drive through tight spaces. In Bangalore, these guys have an app and all booking and payments are done through it.

Its a boon for apartment complexes wherein residents have to otherwise volunteer to get fuel every time.
vinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 09:58   #13
RJK
Senior - BHPian

I thought this service was already operational. The location where the picture is clicked is in Hiranandani, Powai & I've seen one of the truck in picture standing there for 2-3 months now; I'm sure few members living in the building opposite have seen as well.

Anyway even I don't see the point of this service when the petrol pump is usually not very far & queues not very long. In Dubai, I see CAFU service where there might be some value because Thursday & Friday evening queues in Dubai pumps are excruciatingly long - easy to burn 2-3 litres (or more) of fuel just waiting to refuel!
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 10:18   #14
BHPian

I as RWA president of my apartment complex(Bangalore), have opted for MyPetrolPump for our DGs for the last 2 years. Our cost of diesel used to be in vicinity of 50K/month, which dropped down to 22K. And this is all due to pilferage that it stopped.
Given the delivery charge that they take, and the time that you save, even for a personal vehicle, doing it thru MyPetrolPump is a no-brainer.
abtyagi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 17:40   #15
BHPian

I think they will target commercial institutions such as malls, hospitals & also residential societies for supplying diesel for their generators. They will not prefer retail sale in long run as the cost of transportation will not let them break even as the margins in fuel retailing business are very thin. These tankers give fuel efficiency of 4-6 KM per Litre.

Supplying to construction sites has lots of potential too. Builders/Contractors may prefer their services to check on the pilferage. Fuel cost is a big component in construction field and a small savings in percentage may result in huge overall savings in large construction projects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks