Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2021, 22:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Audi India to ramp up local production | CKD over CBU

Better late than never.

Audi should take this opportunity and lead the electric charge with their e-tron range - the Quattro, sportsback, GT. They can target the rich and the affluent and slowly & steadily build the fan following their Q7 once held.
Old 16th June 2021, 00:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hope this can put them back where they once were - Top of the Charts. Around the 2007-2010 time period, their design language was simply spectacular. All the cars that hit the market around that time carried the brand forward till 2015 or so. Each segment was given what their respective target customers required. 4 stand alone models that solidified the brand were the Q7, A4, A6 and the R8. The Q7 was the macho SUV, the A4 was a nice entry level sedan, the A6 was the mid level sedan and the R8 was the cool sportscar. I feel they need such exciting designs that can cater to the current taste of the target audience like it did back then.

Audi India to ramp up local production | CKD over CBU-audi-lineup.png
Image source: google images
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 07:44   #18
BHPian

Audi has alot of issues to overcome. But what I genuinely feel is missing is the media coverage. How many times do we hear the name Audi or any excitement associated with brand name.
Back in 2008 when the Audi R8 was launched and when it was announced in India in 2010, enthusiasts were all over it. Brilliant price to performance and styling.
Celebrities were all over Audi. Currently we barely hear anything about Audi, and when we do hear its a ‘meh, another normal audi’ response.
Old 16th June 2021, 09:53   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Not nitpicking here but I have observed a similar trend (using LHD interior pictures) at the BWM India website too while researching 330i. I am equally shocked too, luxury brands like BMW, AUDI can't take care of apparently a trivial issue and use RHD images to show interiors for the models they sell in India? Funnily they use the website to ask you to "Book online" and don't bother to use correct specs.
Yes, you are right! I checked the BMW 330i page now and it also shows LHD images. This is really terrible. So it is not Audi alone doing this. I agree with you that this is not cost cutting. The costs in putting the right pictures on their websites is negligible for the size of the business they run. It is pure "I don't care" attitude.

What I find surprising is this: All these cars are sold in the UK too, which is a big RHD market. They must have RHD pictures of all these models anyway for the UK website. Why can't they use those pictures for India too? Or do they again show LHD pictures for UK website too? That would be quite astonishing, if true!

Last edited by Dr.AD : 16th June 2021 at 09:54.
Dr.AD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 11:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Or do they again show LHD pictures for UK website too? That would be quite astonishing, if true!
Encouraged by this thought of yours, I did go to BMW UK website and Lo & Behold, there also they have LHD pics showing interiors of 3 series https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/all-models/...ighlights.html

Websites are supposed to be the showroom equivalent for online sales and here we have a sub-par showroom trying to sell luxury wares. Quite shocking.
Gsynch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:58   #21
BHPian

Audi IN Head talks about Audi's game plan for the year.

It is interesting to hear his views about the ROTF Sales Model of Mercedes India...
Very reassuring to know, Audi still believes that Customer Negotiations are still an integral part of the Luxury Car buying process .

sampadroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:22   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi to restart SUVs’ local assembly.

​​
Quote:
Audi had discontinued making the Q series of SUVs in India around the beginning of January last year as the country was preparing to transition to BS6 emission norms from April 2020, and the company discontinued sale of diesel engine models.
Balbir Dhillon:

Quote:
However, it’s time we start making the Qs in India again. Production starts next month as we also start work to get the popular Q5, Q7, Q3 and other SUVs back to India
Quote:
according to a fresh business plan, which saw the company discontinue diesels and focus on sustainable technologies, including electrics.

“Electrics are going to be a major focus for Audi in India

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2021 at 10:24.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:50   #23
BHPian

Does that also mean we will get to see a Q8 coming via with the CKD route?
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:55   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
Does that also mean we will get to see a Q8 coming via with the CKD route?
I doubt it. The above article only mentioned q3,q5 and q7. The q8 has been a dud as a CBU and would not move volumes as well as the lower priced q7 even if it came in as a CKD.

But it’s good that Audi India has finally woken up from hibernation and getting its popular products back on shelves.

They have priced the A6 well as CKD and I hope they do the same with the 3 Q models too. This will get them back in the game. All three models are great products.
Old 4th October 2021, 00:38   #25
BHPian

It's high time they bring back the Q7. There has been absolutely no reason for the facelift to have not made it to India for so long since the international launch. If priced correctly it would be a perfect alternative to the near 1cr GLE/X5, and below the GLS/X7.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks