Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2021, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Software update causes Ford EcoSport Diesel delivery delays

Good to know that they are working on improving the software and make the cars run hassle free. Better to wait, rather than accepting a buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On a lighter note, it seems the software update code ran into critical bugs in the QC stage and hence, the go-live date must have been postponed until the code has a QC sign off.
Due to the Pandemic and WFH, developers would have tested the software in simulators and it failed in the actual cars in UAT.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 04:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The Ford Sync 3 is slowly getting outdated and Ford abroad has introduced Sync 4, which is much superior and has a better interface.
Could it be that Ford India is introducing Sync 4 in the Ecosport ?
I'm pretty sure if that were the case, they would actually use it as marketing material, and official tweets would have gone out. Hence I highly doubt it, and if true why do only the diesel engines get it.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 07:33   #18
BHPian

One thing that is likely to definitively rule out Sync 4 introduction is the diesel engine deliveries of all Ford vehicles(Figo/Aspire/Freestyle) have been deferred- it is inconceivable that they'd introduce it on Figo siblings, considering the stepmotherly treatment that they get in terms of feel-good features Also, why just diesel engine- even petrol engine cars of theirs would be better off with sync 3/4. Also, all these cars run flyaudio units-they're not compatible with sync systems- so a mere software update won't suffice.

Last edited by Nikhil Beke : 25th June 2021 at 07:35.
Nikhil Beke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 07:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Ford's dealing with software and software upgrades has not left me with a feeling these guys know what they are doing
Quote:
whenever there's a major release of software, we have seen the number of tickets raises 30-40 times more than usual and again starts reducing.
More than anything else, Ford India's lack of transparency is intriguing. Why not clearly say that it's a software update that's being tested for fixing DPF issues? As if they didn't have enough uncertainties regarding their existence already! This suspiciously long timeline for unknown issues (and presently questionable efficacy of rectification measures) is bound to make their customers jittery- especially if they're expecting a new vehicle delivery. Adding to that, I had written an email to them a month back regarding these very issues (if they would be solved in the new batch of engines(as there was a talk of Ford providing update to older customers)) and they flat out denied existence of any such issues on Diesel engines.

Last edited by Nikhil Beke : 25th June 2021 at 07:48.
Old 27th June 2021, 09:05   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The Ford Sync 3 is slowly getting outdated and Ford abroad has introduced Sync 4, which is much superior and has a better interface.
Could it be that Ford India is introducing Sync 4 in the Ecosport ?
Ford has stopped software support for Sync 3 variants in BS4 variants and only BS6 vehicles are getting the sync 3.4 update. Sync 4 will take another couple of years to launch in India.

Sync 3.4 is way cooler than the stock sync 3 and you can get navigation information on your instrument cluster and TPMS values in the sync 3 screen. Cyanlabs is the way to go for BS4 owners with sync 3.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Apparently, the deliveries have begun again- of all vehicles with 1.5TDCi. That was quick! Could the prospective buyers confirm if they've got a call from the showrooms?
Old 8th July 2021, 12:24   #22

I just got my BS6 EcoSport Titanium S Diesel updated today. My car was delivered a couple of weeks back. Have just clocked 350kms on Odo! Apparently it is an April 2021 model which got delayed with the delivery due to the lockdown here in Bengaluru. Soon after the delivery I had visited the workshop to update my Sync 3.2 (factory version) to sync 3.4 since I couldn't update it manually from my end

With a successful update, I thought this was it until I got a call from the delivery executive to visit the workshop today for another update. He told me, he happen to get notified by the system and this needs to be updated by their end! Seems like they are being advised by Ford to update on the same! Apparently, this update is available only to BS6 diesel vehicles manufactured post March 2021 and as told by the professional at the authorised workshop.

On enquiring further, I got to know that this is a PCM (powertrain control module) update V.6.1 helping BS6 Diesel vehicles to address the DPF issues. However, upon driving back I could also sense a considerable upgrade in my throttle response and could easily reach 95+ kms on Bengaluru airport road, which didn't happen before while driving to the workshop! The whole power delivery seems like an uplift!

Yet to see the long term benefits and witness more changes. Not sure how much I can analyse since I have clocked only 350+ kms before the update.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the dealer and service staff to initiate and accomplish the task in jiffy
witwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 20:10   #23
BHPian

I have a BS4 Ecosport TDCI with current Sync Version 3.0.20204. There are no further updates for this version on the Ford official site or with FASS.

I was looking forward to using Cyanlabs Autoupdate via the USB to the current Sync version Sync 3.4.23188; Region: ROW; Map Version: Non-Nav APIM and Install Mode: Auto-Detect (reformat)

I wanted an opinion if this is a bug-free version and if navigation is turned ON while preparing the USB, what impact it will have?

Appreciate your advice as I will be making such an effort for the first time. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks