Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 07:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Booked a Toyota Camry | Strange booking experience

First of all, many congratulations on the Camry. It’ll be one of the best vehicles that you will have in your lifetime, mark my words !
And for the dealership, sometimes some dealers do try to take an advantage when they feel that a customer is thoroughly impressed by a vehicle & makes up his mind to buy one. As others have suggested, writing a mail to Toyota India will suffice. All the best with your purchase
NarediAni7518 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Hi all,
the sales rep responded by writing that the booking amount would be 5 lakhs, the price at the time of delivery would apply and the booking amount was not refundable. Not only this, when I told him that he had told me something else all together when I met him at the showroom, he flatly denied saying I must be mistaken.........

I was too riled to think straight and so, didn’t think of the price-list with my notes which I had with me. But when I checked later , I saw my notes said one lakh and refundable!
Congratulations on booking the Camry!

As everyone says here, the 1st dealer has tried to try his luck by unethical means. This is so surprising when you had got your Innova there and have been servicing your vehicle there regularly - a repeat-customer should be a treat to a sales guy and should be treated well.

On a side-note: I want you to let that guy know that you have moved away from him and have made the booking in the 2nd dealership. Let him realize the cost he incurred by doing such a stupidity. If possible, drive to the 1st dealership in the Camry and say a hi to him!!

Adding an edit: Oh! Yeah! Keep the notes handy and show it to him when you meet.

And, please do post his response / reaction!

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 19th July 2021 at 11:07.
callvvijay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 11:44   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. As a prospective buyer of Innova Crysta 2.4 GX Auto model from Topsel Toyota, Kolkata, I have faced similar situation recently. As per their sales manager, as the GX Auto is a slow moving model, I have to pay Rs. 1 lakh as non refundable booking amount. It seems as Topsel is the sole dealership of Toyota in proper Kolkata city, they are taking customers for ride. I remember while I enquired about the same model last year, they were asking for 50% of the car ex-showroom price as non refundable booking amount.
I am yet to book the car as I am not sure that I won't get a better option to book during its 3 months waiting time.
Old 19th July 2021, 12:46   #19

Sent off the email to Toyota , on voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in . Found his email by searching the net.

Also attached the documents saying booking amount is one lakh and the screenshot of the Sales Rep saying the booking would be 5L and non-refundable.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked a Toyota Camry | Strange booking experience-quotation.jpg  

Booked a Toyota Camry | Strange booking experience-whatsapp-image-20210719-11.52.54-am.jpeg  

Chanakya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 10:46   #20

And finally the matter is closed. In response to my email, there was nothing from Toyota proper. Some lady Customer Support Head from the dealership called me and apologized. Typical lip service phone call .

Putting this behind me . Looking forward to enjoying my new car once it arrives.

Chanakya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:30   #21
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Putting this behind me . Looking forward to enjoying my new car once it arrives.
As an owner of the Camry, let me tell you that it is a great choice. I have enjoyed everything on the car, over the last 16 months. The seamless switching from IC to EV to IC is so fascinating. The 2.5 litre petrol ensures that the car is adequately powered.

Mileage is just fantastic with City 14+ kmpl and highway 20+ kmpl

The only problem is that car is so quiet in the EV Mode, that pedestrians do not seem to notice, until the last moment. Be ready to honk a little earlier! I see that bike guys tend to stray in your path, in the absence of being alerted by the engine noise.

Happy motoring

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:24   #22
BHPian

Congratulations in advance for the Camry. Undeniably sexy.

and for that dealer though, i would immediately write an email with Toyota India in CC and say good luck with your business and by that time book somewhere else.
Swordfish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 17:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
We also own a Jan’21 Camry.
Quote:
I have just booked a Camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
As an owner of the Camry, let me tell you that it is a great choice.
Hello Camry owners.
I am keen to know how the headlight throw is during dry and rainy nights? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the audio setup with JBL speakers?
wild child is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 23:58   #24
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hello Camry owners.
I am keen to know how the headlight throw is during dry and rainy nights? Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the audio setup with JBL speakers?
Depends on what’s your baseline for comparison
I found them pretty good until I sat in normally_crazy’s C300D AMG. The Merc has laser lights which are absolutely brilliant & then on I found Camry’s lights inadequate.

Audio is subjective, but I’d rate it about 7.

Cheers
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 02:16   #25
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hello Camry owners.
Update: Not sure if you're still considering the Camry but I must tell you, during rains, the lights are useless. 45 days ago, I ran into a pot hole at about 10 kmph since I could not see it; It was raining quite a bit. Anyway, my front left tyre burst & rim got damaged. Very very expensive lesson for me since both had to be replaced

So, I'd rate the lights in rains at about 4/10

Cheers
Old 8th October 2022, 08:32   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Update: Not sure if you're still considering the Camry but I must tell you, during rains, the lights are useless. 45 days ago, I ran into a pot hole at about 10 kmph since I could not see it; It was raining quite a bit. Anyway, my front left tyre burst & rim got damaged. Very very expensive lesson for me since both had to be replaced

So, I'd rate the lights in rains at about 4/10
Not questioning your post but 10 kmph?? A Camry rim broke after hitting a pothole at 10 kmph!!??!!<emoji scratching head>!! Having used a Camry from c.2006 to 2017 my experience indicates that a Camry needs to be driven at over 100 kmph for a pothole to damage a rim and burst a tyre. At least that is my surmise after well over 100,000 kms in that car.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 20:02   #27
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Not questioning your post but 10 kmph?? A Camry rim broke after hitting a pothole at 10 kmph!!??!!<emoji scratching head>!! Having used a Camry from c.2006 to 2017 my experience indicates that a Camry needs to be driven at over 100 kmph for a pothole to damage a rim and burst a tyre. At least that is my surmise after well over 100,000 kms in that car.
Sorry, I should’ve been clearer. It’s the metal portion of an expansion joint of a flyover. In monsoon, the tar around this expansion joint had disappeared on the beautiful roads of Bombay.

So my car was a victim of that bit. I also found it so hard to believe; I’d imagine that the original alloy to be tough but with 35 profile tyres, there’s not much cushion left. I’ve attached 2 pics here, in the 1st one you can see the torn tyre. I’d consulted a few repair shops and was told that this alloy could be “built up” and machined but the welding needs to be done properly with appropriate spec of rods. When I got to know that insurance will cover most of the rim and 50% of the tyre, I opted for replacement. Just for amusement, the rim costs 55k & tyre is 22k. A very expensive proposition despite paying very very high road tax.

That day I felt so terrible since the registration +road tax paid on the Camry was INR 5.2L.

OT but while buying the EV it felt so nice since the road tax & registration was only 5k for the Nexon
Attached Thumbnails
Booked a Toyota Camry | Strange booking experience-ab2f80e28b1343d5815be97bfb19f5f6.jpeg  

Booked a Toyota Camry | Strange booking experience-45bbd5eea949460e9531d2b277e3f631.jpeg  

Last edited by RJK : 8th October 2022 at 20:08.
RJK is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks