Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2004, 23:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

i just sighted a taverra being tested in mumbai, the logo on the front grill was covered. but i got down and spoke to the driver.

the interiors are nothing much and the front passenger seat is for 2 people. also a tachometer was missing , the 2nd row of seats had a bench seat and the last row had 2 seats facing each other. nothing impressive about the interior.

the exterior looks more like a rounded qualis . lots of more curves than on the qualis. the ground clearance is pretty good and the ac was powerful.

hope this helps. and yes we can expect the taverra within the next 3 months on road the officials said.

i didnt have the camera loaded at thaT TIME but next time i will capture the fotos on my mobile and send it across to anyone who wants 2 have a look

cheers

Old 7th March 2004, 23:47   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey isnt the Tavera the Isuzu Panther?
Where in Bombay did u see it??
Old 8th March 2004, 01:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Aha so the Tavera is finally testing in Mumbai. Will be great to catch it sometime. I have often seeen GM cars being tested on the Western express highway. Had seen the coverd Forester there fo the first time. I carry my cam at all times so if get some shots will post them right here..

Cheers
Old 8th March 2004, 13:10   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

GM India is really on a roll now. Volumes seem to be their motivation now, and with the brilliant Tavera and the Chevy Spark, their dealers expect to be busy like never before.

GTO
Old 8th March 2004, 15:05   #5
BHPian

Tavera will be placed as a value for money. They will be priced competively against Qualis and Scorpio. GM in order to reduce the price may have the Izuzu engines bought from HM.
AC and the interiors are the plus points . And as you all know anything will look better than the Boxy Qualis. But i bet it cant be comapred with campared with Scorpio for looks .
The Terracan is to be priced from 5 Lak to 8 Lak range

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks