Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 08:40   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Mod Note: Poll added

Also, we are not sure if this logo is the final one and it might receive some more changes before release.
Thanks for adding the poll but the options won't let me vote. I don't like the design but then I don't hate it either. And I'm not neutral to it. Not liking and hating are 2 poles apart I guess.
Old 25th July 2021, 09:52   #32
BHPian

Re: Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo

When we are talking about letter M, which has a symmetry (like letters W, etc), I am missing any kind of symmetry from this logo. Needless to say, I hate it.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:31   #33
BHPian

I think in this form this new logo looks cheap, made by novice designer/artist(s). The current logo is also confusing and needs immediate replacement.
Old 25th July 2021, 11:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

I highly doubt this is the new logo. However, the new logo looks rather conservative as compared to the companies product line up, tag of 'live young, live free'.
Old 25th July 2021, 11:44   #35
BHPian

I find it complicated, not ugly, so voted "neutral". They should have gone for something depicting their tag line "Mahindra rise". It need not necessarily include/be the letter "M".

Last edited by wheeledsoul : 25th July 2021 at 11:48. Reason: Adding a thought.
Old 25th July 2021, 11:46   #36
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a modified version of the 'old' Maruti logo.

People might interpret them as Maruti vehicles (Which is not necessarily a bad thing).
Old 25th July 2021, 12:32   #37
BHPian

Hideous is the word that jumped at me looking at this logo.
casnov is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:52   #38
BHPian

Rotate the logo by 90 degrees right and it looks like a man on his knees with a huge burden on his back. May be it is trying to tell the state that Mahindra is in at this moment
Old 25th July 2021, 17:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely hated it, so instead decided to slightly improve it using PS. I'm still on the learning curve & have never done it before, so please pardon me for the pretty bad finishing. But, I feel it atleast represents M&M in some way.

Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo-download.png

Last edited by akash_v12 : 25th July 2021 at 17:30.
Old 25th July 2021, 17:54   #40
BHPian

Even this M&M logo makes more sense than the rendering.

Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo-images-2-21.jpeg
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 18:19   #41
BHPian

Voted neutral.

Trying to think what the thought process behind this design might be.

I think this design follows the global trend of flattening of logos; recent examples that come to mind are Renault and VW. As far as I remember seeing it in newspaper adds, the current rise logo does not look as attractive in 2D. May be thats one of the reasons. Surely there are more convincing explanations, which we'll all know in due course of time.

Personally, I am not in favor of a complete overhaul of a company's logo, like in this case, unless there has been a sea change in what the company and it products stand for (Have I missed something like that about Mahindra?). I would rather they just update the logo with subtle changes, than go for a completely new one every time. Then the logo just becomes an image rather than an icon.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 18:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
We had reported that Mahindra was working on a new brand logo way back in December 2020. Now, this is how the new logo looks like. Note: We are not sure if this is the final one and it might receive some changes before release.

Attachment 2183333

Thanks to Siddharth for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Link to Team-BHP News
Looks absolutely ridiculous. I hope Mahindra can come up with something better. Just a regular Mahindra in capitals: MAHINDRA, would be much better.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 25th July 2021, 18:43   #43
One
BHPian

I will be very very surprised if this ends up as the final logo. It is not that I hate it or even dislike it. But it somehow doesn't resonate with anything special. If the brief is to have a solid butch logo, even then this one does not fit the bill.

M&M as letters inherently are amenable to good looking logos and then there is the entire part where the letters need not be even part of it.

Can't vote as I don't hate it but I still am not neutral to it.
Old 25th July 2021, 18:43   #44
BHPian

I was expecting something like this.
Personally, I don't like the new logo. Maybe it will grow on many of us with time.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo-6e36f2c9d9cc523f5904d6e4c91921f4.jpg  

rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 18:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Now, this is how the new logo looks like.
The XUV700 is likely to be the first model to use the new logo, followed by the next-generation Scorpio.
I hate it to the core! Reasons?

1. It looks a lot like the Maruti logo and that will invite a lot of negative publicity! Dear Mahindra, you had to copy their aftersales service quality and marketing strategies, not their logo ffs!

2. The fact that the current logo does not even need any changes! It's Tata's outdated logo that needs changes. IMO, the current logo looks wayy better on Mahindra cars and this one just doesn't feel right!

3. It does not even look like the new and old logo are related to the same brand! Look at current and old logo of VW and Nissan and even of Tata! All of them resemble the previous logos and feel like they are from the same brand. This on the other hand, is a complete redesign which IMO, won't suit the macho looks of the Mighty Scorpio and Bolero especially!

So I did a little research and found that this claimed new logo is actually FAKE

Saw an artist's name being mentioned by BHPian TaurasSHO and i did a bit of research!

The artist behind this logo goes by the name Kakha Kakhadzen and this logo designed by him is uploaded on Pinterest since 2016 (attaching the screenshot below)

Scoop! This *might* be Mahindra's new logo-fake-mahindra-logo-.jpg

The link of the shown link is this

And this is the artist's Instagram

Since as an MNC, Mahindra cannot pick any random logo off the internet, I would request the mods to remove this thread from the news section of the site to avoid any rumors because this tip is most probably fake!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 25th July 2021 at 19:13. Reason: Added a little more information
theAutomaniac is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks