Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 18:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Delhi: BPCL starts doorstep delivery of diesel

Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has launched a doorstep delivery service for diesel in Delhi.

Delhi: BPCL starts doorstep delivery of diesel-image_50404353.jpg

Five BPCL fuel pumps will provide diesel in 20-litre jerry cans to housing societies, hospitals, malls, banks, construction sites, mobile towers, farmers, educational institutes and small industries.

BPCL has partnered with Humsafar India - a Delhi-based start-up for doorstep delivery of diesel. The service is called Safar20.

Safar20 aims to ensure a hassle-free supply of the fuel directly to end-users and also avoid unnecessary fuel spillage, unsafe handling, and/or pilferage. Each jerry can is PESO approved and gets a seven-wire seal with a unique number.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 27th July 2021 at 18:14.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 18:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Delhi: BPCL starts doorstep delivery of diesel

Is the cost of Diesel per litre is same to the one available at the Pumps? What is the revenue model? How are they offsetting the transportation and handling charges?
Old 27th July 2021, 19:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Is the cost of Diesel per litre is same to the one available at the Pumps? What is the revenue model? How are they offsetting the transportation and handling charges?
I don't think they will deliver to your home at pump prices.

Fuelbuddy, a similar firm charges minimum 200 rupees delivery charge upto 200 litres and then 1 rupee/lit above it.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 07:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is also Pepsfuel which is into delivering fuel at doorstep as they claim. They are servicing in New Delhi, Manesar, Gurgaon, Rewari Ghaziabad, Noida and Greater Noida. They deliver fuel from 8 am to 8 pm. However there will be delivery charges in addition to the same day retail pump price. The booking can be done through an app and the delivery time can be customized.

https://pepfuels.com/index.html
Old 28th July 2021, 08:11   #5
BHPian

Wow.
Once upon a time, in case you ran out of fuel, they wouldn't even give you half a ltr in a bottle. You had to push your bike all the way to the nearest pump.
If I remember correctly this was after some court ruling after some terrorist attack and was meant to deter the bad guys.

I know. The bad guys could top up, drive off and just siphon off the fuel. It is just as hilarious as the Hon. Judiciary banning sun films for security reasons.

Anyway, is this service available road side as well? I am thinking of scenarios where someone runs out of fuel on say a highway. Can they dial a can at that location?
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Wow.
Once upon a time, in case you ran out of fuel, they wouldn't even give you half a ltr in a bottle. You had to push your bike all the way to the nearest pump.
If I remember correctly this was after some court ruling after some terrorist attack and was meant to deter the bad guys.
They have a special container for the same, right? I remember taking petrol in a metal container provided by the pump guys for my friend's bike. There was some deposit to be paid (~ 100 Rupees) and it is refundable when you return the container.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th July 2021 at 12:51.
Old 28th July 2021, 15:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
They have a special container for the same, right? I remember taking petrol in a metal container provided by the pump guys for my friend's bike. There was some deposit to be paid (~ 100 Rupees) and it is refundable when you return the container.
Not here in Pune/MH. We used to take plastic bottles or cans to get 500ml but the court ruling put a stop to that.
Old 28th July 2021, 23:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
Not here in Pune/MH. We used to take plastic bottles or cans to get 500ml but the court ruling put a stop to that.
In Bangalore, only at Shell outlet you need to deposit and get safe metal container. Once you return then will return the deposit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks