Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2021, 16:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore

BMW has launched the Individual 740Li M Sport Edition in India. The luxury sedan is priced at Rs. 1,42,90,000 (ex-showroom).

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-01_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

As the name suggests, the Individual 740Li M Sport Edition comes with the M Sport package as standard. This includes a bespoke front bumper with larger vents and a sporty rear end with twin exhausts. The car is equipped with BMW Laserlight technology and 20-inch alloy wheels.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-02_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

The Individual 740Li M Sport Edition has been given the BMW Individual treatment with two, special exterior colour options - Tanzanite Blue and Dravit Grey. On the inside, the car gets Alcantara headrest and backrest cushions with customizable embroidery, BMW Individual interior trim badging on the dashboard and centre console, Alcantara headliner in Ivory White and Canberra Beige highlights, Nappa leather upholstery and fine-wood trim with wooden inlays.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-03_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

The car comes equipped with a panoramic sunroof Sky Lounge with LED light graphics, ambient air package and ambient lighting. Other features include 4-zone automatic climate control, electrically adjustable comfort seats, massage function and active seat ventilation, rear-seat ventilation and heating, laminated glass and windscreen and soft-close doors to name a few.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-07_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

The Individual 740Li M Sport Edition is powered by a 3.0-litre, in-line 6-cylinder petrol engine that produces 335 BHP @ 5,500-6,500 rpm and 450 Nm @ 1,500-5,200 rpm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-06_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

The car features Dynamic Damper Control with Adaptive 2-axle air suspension, Rear-seat Entertainment Professional with two 10.2-inch full-HD displays and a Blu-ray player, BMW Touch Command, 7-inch tablet integrated into the centre armrest, digital instrument cluster, Gesture Control and a Harman Kardon 16-speaker sound system.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-05_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

The Individual 740Li comes with various driver assistance systems including Driving Assistant with Lane Change Warning, Rear Collision Warning and Crossing Traffic Warning, Parking Assistant Plus with Surround View Camera and Reversing Assistant with Remote-Control Parking function.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-04_-bmw-individual-740li-m-sport-edition.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 4th August 2021 at 16:10.
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore

After a very long time, there is sensibly priced super luxury car. Considering that the 740iL Msport is just 2.5L cheaper, the goodies offered in the individual are certainly worth 2% more.

I hope MBIL takes some ques from this and launches the CKD new S at a similar sensible pricing.
Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 22:44   #3
BHPian

I am clearly not the target segment for this, but I absolutely don't like the "Individual" badging everywhere. Looks like an aftermarket fitment, especially on the seat headrest. But strange are the ways of the rich. They may know better.
Tapish is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 23:02   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Yawn!

Looks exactly same as it's predecessor. What components go with M sports addition apart from larger vents and dual exhaust? They have not even given the M brake pads which are bigger rotors and discs in M version. Basically, some cosmetic badging which is also not sufficient to distinguish it from a regular 740 Li.

I agree that individual badging looks so aftermarket. However, pricing seems quite good.

Here in the US, I spot a 7-series once in a while and they look so ordinary compared to Mercedes which look like a luxury car.

If I am not wrong, S560 is a competitor to 740 and a neighbor bought a brand new one last week. It looks brilliant in the flesh compared to a 7-series (Let me see if I can share a picture on that car here).

In my opinion, in this segment it's hard to beat a Merc.
Old 4th August 2021, 09:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
I am clearly not the target segment for this, but I absolutely don't like the "Individual" badging everywhere. Looks like an aftermarket fitment, especially on the seat headrest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I agree that individual badging looks so aftermarket. However, pricing seems quite good.
I believe the Individual badges are just placeholders - buyers should be able to customize these elements with their desired design or text, as mentioned in the original post (highlighted in bold).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The 740Li M Sport Edition has been given the BMW Individual treatment with two, special exterior colour options - Tanzanite Blue and Dravit Grey. On the inside, the car gets Alcantara headrest and backrest cushions with customizable embroidery, BMW Individual interior trim badging on the dashboard and centre console..
@TusharK - Just a suggestion - perhaps it'd be better if the car's name in the thread title were changed to 'BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition', to distinguish it from the regular M Sport variant.

BMW Individual 740Li M Sport Edition launched at Rs. 1.43 crore-7series.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by Turbojc : 4th August 2021 at 09:54.
Turbojc is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks