Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2021, 21:44   #16
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift, Dzire & Vitara Brezza CNG engine specs leaked

Had a chance to visit ABT Maruti at Guindy Chennai to look at Swift Petrol yesterday. The salesperson was predominantly positioning Wagon R - CNG and was explaining its mileage benefits (32km/kg).

One of the drawbacks I noticed was, the boot is fully occupied by the CNG cylinder and the spare wheel. Literally one cannot keep any type of baggage in the boot. There is no shield protection or any type of tray over the cylinder to place a few small-sized bags at least.
Old 10th August 2021, 12:04   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Swift, Dzire & Vitara Brezza CNG engine specs leaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDK286 View Post
I have little to no knowledge about CNG vehicles, however I am curious about the safety aspect, I know it is actually quite difficult for fuel from fuel tanks to ignite in the event of an accident, but in a CNG vehicle, is there a chance of explosive decompression/ignition in the event of a serious accident ?
The possibility of fuel tank leak is very less as the CNG tanks made to undergo a series of tests in order to ensure the safety. It is said that a certified CNG tank can last upto 20 years if it has been properly maintained.

In case of an accident, there are possibilities where explosion of the tank can take place. There is no danger involved if the car has an head on collision but if the car is rear ended with a massive force then there are chances that the CNG tank may explode.

The quality of CNG tanks provided by the MS India in it's cars is good and the tanks are certified before they are sent for fitment. So you don't need to worry about things like explosion and leakage.

Happy Motoring
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks