Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 13:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier & Safari now available in XTA+ variants

Tata Motors has launched 'XTA+' variants of the Harrier and Safari. The Harrier XTA+ is priced at Rs. 19.14 lakh, while the Dark edition costs Rs. 19.34 lakh. The Safari XTA+ is priced at Rs. 20.08 lakh (ex-showroom).

Tata Harrier & Safari now available in XTA+ variants-2020tataharrierfacelift20.jpg

The XTA+ variants of both SUVs come equipped with a 6-speed automatic transmission and a panoramic sunroof.

Other features available in the XTA+ variants include:
  • Automatic projector headlamps with LED daytime running lights
  • 17-inch alloy wheels
  • 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with 8-speakers
  • Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
  • Automatic climate control
  • Rearview camera
  • Rain sensing wipers

Tata Harrier & Safari now available in XTA+ variants-2021tatasafari01.jpg

The Safari gets iRA connected car features, ambient lighting, cruise control and a tyre pressure monitoring system as well. Both SUVs come equipped with dual front airbags and ESP.

Both the Harrier and Safari are powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that produces 168 BHP and 350 Nm.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th August 2021 at 13:31.
TusharK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:06   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier & Safari now available in XTA+ variants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors has launched 'XTA+' variants of the Harrier and Safari. The Harrier XTA+ is priced at Rs. 19.14 lakh, while the Dark edition costs Rs. 19.34 lakh. The Safari XTA+ is priced at Rs. 20.08 lakh (ex-showroom).
This is a good step taken by the Tata Motors. XT Plus is one of the most VFM variant of the Tata Harrier considering the fact that it has got the large panoramic sunroof and didn't really missed out on the crucial features. The only thing that it had been missing was an Automatic Gearbox for this variant, which now, has been introduced by the Tata Motors. This variant would give a tough fight to Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT and the Creta SX (O) Diesel AT as they both are priced at Rs. 17,65,000 ex-showroom and price difference between the korean twin's top variant and the Harrier's XTA+ is just of Rs. 1,50,000, which could potentially fetch some more customers for the Harrier. Good Job Tata Motors.
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:11   #3
BHPian

So finally the Harrier/Safari twins have a proper automatic mid variant. This will definitely boost the sales and lure some of the Creta and Seltos AT buyers willing to increase their budget. I personally know a few people found the XMA too barebones and XZA/XZA+ too expensive.

Last edited by quantobigboot : 10th August 2021 at 14:26. Reason: Adding Variant name
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:58   #4
BHPian

Good move TATA.
If the ex-showroom price for the Safari XTA+ was less by just 8001 rupees and making it below 20L, customers in Kerala and Karnataka (may be in some other states aswell) would have saved at least 1L rupees in road tax. I think it is high time TATA thinks about these small things when they price their products.

Last edited by Sreejith V : 10th August 2021 at 15:00.
Sreejith V is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:03   #5
BHPian

Is this the cheapest Automatic variant on offer?

I'm seeing a lot of talk about these variants? what is the significance? Was an automatic at this price not available earlier?
Old 10th August 2021, 16:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post

I'm seeing a lot of talk about these variants? what is the significance? Was an automatic at this price not available earlier?

I believe there was no automatic with Panoramic sunroof at this price point.
The next variant before was the XZA+ with the auto and sunroof combo which costed 20.81L (ex-Mumbai).
Old 10th August 2021, 16:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Was an automatic at this price not available earlier?
This isn't the cheapest automatic variant, it slots above the XMA, which is the entry level automatic variant.
Previously, there was no AT option in the XT trims whereas the lower and higher variants had one. XT/XT+ also happens to be the most VFM variant in the Harrier and Safari lineup so many people were waiting for the corresponding AT variants.
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:33   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

2 Airbags + Panoramic sunroof + AT = Its going for the Alcazar Diesel AT customer. Good move though.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
So finally the Harrier/Safari twins have a proper automatic mid variant. This will definitely boost the sales and lure some of the Creta and Seltos AT buyers willing to increase their budget. I personally know a few people found the XMA too barebones and XZA/XZA+ too expensive.

For your kind information Sir, XTA+ is just Rs.47,000 lesser than the XZA. Also you miss JBL Speaker system, Hill Descent Control and Semi-digital instrument cluster in XTA+ compared to XZA. Only addition in XTA+ is the Panaromic Sunroof. I think it's not much a deal breaker. XTA variant would be a nice touch. But We Indians Love Sunroof na
HarishK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 18:44   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Clever pricing by Tata, with an aim to take on the Alcazar, yet not lose too much of their revenue/margin. However, this does not provide any relief to customers looking for a well loaded automatic SUV around 20 lakhs on-road.

Some Pricing Analysis:
XM- 15.79 lakhs
XMA - 17.06 lakhs (Premium for Auto around 1.27 lakhs

XT - 17.04 lakhs
XTA (if it had been launched with a premium of around 1 lakh for the Auto transmission) - 18 lakhs
This would have been a very affordable Auto variant with great set of features landing around 21 lakhs on-road.

XTA+ (Currently launched) - 19.14 lakhs - Putting this close to 22.5 lakhs on-road.

So Tata has not yet cracked the opportunity, which is really within their reach, to position a high value variant for those looking to spend 20-21 lakhs.
84.monsoon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 19:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarishK View Post
For your kind information Sir, XTA+ is just Rs.47,000 lesser than the XZA.
I believe the XTA+ should be compared to XZA+ which costs 20.8 Lakh, a whopping 1.2 Lakh more than the XZA
The only notable differences I found are the Sunroof, electrically adjustable seats and auto IRVM.
The sunroof, as you said is a personal choice, but a dealbreaker for many. Many buyers considering Harrier as an alternative to Creta look only at the 'plus' variants.
But not offering a XTA surely doesn't make sense.
quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 08:20   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Good move TATA.
If the ex-showroom price for the Safari XTA+ was less by just 8001 rupees and making it below 20L, customers in Kerala and Karnataka (may be in some other states aswell) would have saved at least 1L rupees in road tax. I think it is high time TATA thinks about these small things when they price their products.

The difference in onroad price between XTA plus and XMA in Kerala is 3.76 lakhs due to higher road tax. We face the same issue with top variant of Alcazar diesel AT. I feel so sad that we have to shell out so much for road tax for a state that does not have proper 4 lane highway
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:32   #13
BHPian

While Tata seems to be constantly making great news with their models, the sales / customer care teams are pathetic.
Hearing the news about the launch of these new additions, I visited the Sarjapur Road dealer yesterday.
There were around 5 to 6 executives sitting around and yet not one bothered to come and talk to me about the cars. I had to literally go to two executives and ask for details.
Their attitude was "take what you see without asking any questions".
Disgusted, I just left swearing that I will never visit a Tata showroom.
Sad to see a great company losing out on sales due to indifferent sales staff.
Regards
emmenhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 12:49   #14

The XZA variants have 6 air bags whereas the XTA variants have 2. This is the key difference imo which one needs to consider. For me personally it's a choice of 6air bags in XZA vs. the Sun roof in XTA+.
Old 11th August 2021, 13:34   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
I believe the XTA+ should be compared to XZA+ which costs 20.8 Lakh, a whopping 1.2 Lakh more than the XZA
The only notable differences I found are the Sunroof, electrically adjustable seats and auto IRVM.
Well, the XZ (both XZ and XZ+) range offers 6 airbags, which is a major plus. There are actually a lot of additional features in the XZA versus the XTA+:
  • Xenon HID headlamps
  • Cornering Fog Lamps
  • Leather Upholstery and leather wrapped steering wheel
  • JBL Sound System
  • Larger Touch-screen system
  • 6 Airbags
  • Hill Descent Control
  • ISOFIX Anchors
  • 60:40 split rear seat

These features are worth a lot more than the 40K difference in price! Which is why I think the XTA+ pricing is ridiculously high.

The problem with the Harrier (and Safari) pricing is that most variants are clustered too close to each other on pricing, whereas the equipment list is vastly variable. The XMA, which is barebones in features is priced at 17.06 lakhs and the XZA which is so fully loaded as above is 19.61 lakhs - a difference of a mere 2.55 lakhs - Hyundai would have charged a 6 lakh premium for this kind of added feature set. Tata should make the XMA much more affordable and have reasonable spread in prices corresponding to the addition of equipment.
84.monsoon is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed