Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 12:40   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Jeep Compass Model S gets updated Infotainment System & other features

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Jeep also needs to trickle more features (or may be even make them available as accessories) down to the entry variants. A lot many of the highlight features are currently restricted to the Model-S trim.

Looks like the change of interior has really helped the positioning of the Compass though!
True! Compass skimps even on something like Automatic Climate Control on the Sports model. At Rs.22-23 lacs OTR, you would imagine they'd offer you ventilated seats. But here you have to put up with regular A/cs!!

Guess Jeep knows it has a solid SUV in the higher variants of the Compass which can be kept loaded and selling fairly well even over the Rs.30 lacs OTR levels. So why should they even consider improving on their base models?!
Old 1st September 2021, 14:51   #17
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Jeep Compass Model S gets updated Infotainment System & other features

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
True! Compass skimps even on something like Automatic Climate Control on the Sports model. At Rs.22-23 lacs OTR, you would imagine they'd offer you ventilated seats. But here you have to put up with regular A/cs!!

Guess Jeep knows it has a solid SUV in the higher variants of the Compass which can be kept loaded and selling fairly well even over the Rs.30 lacs OTR levels. So why should they even consider improving on their base models?!
I think even the base model compass has climate control. I saw a walkthrough, and it seemed to have a decent feature list - not many frills, but most of the essentials were covered.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 19:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I think even the base model compass has climate control. I saw a walkthrough, and it seemed to have a decent feature list - not many frills, but most of the essentials were covered.
No, unfortunately not. The Sport variant has only manual A/c. Climate control starts from the Longitude variant only.
Old 1st September 2021, 19:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I checked recently, the Base model doesn't has Climate control.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 09:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of the new O2 Compass. Happy to see Jeep working on small improvements. Also, these are not insignificant. The beautiful display was a bit laggy, as in, it took some time to open different screens. Having an upgraded RAM will help. Also ventilated seats are welcome. This is good overall in my view.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd September 2021 at 09:36.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
I checked recently, the Base model doesn't has Climate control.
Damn, thats a silly omission. Sport would be a solid offering if they added it.
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Damn, thats a silly omission. Sport would be a solid offering if they added it.
Most of these car manufacturers strategically place features in the higher models, so that we spend more money, they don't take customer feedback seriously, esp FCA.
There is no diesel automatic in 4x2, you need to pay a premium of 9L for 4x4 Automatic compared to Longitude MT, there is no logic in that
Old 2nd September 2021, 14:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Most of these car manufacturers strategically place features in the higher models, so that we spend more money, they don't take customer feedback seriously, esp FCA.
There is no diesel automatic in 4x2, you need to pay a premium of 9L for 4x4 Automatic compared to Longitude MT, there is no logic in that
Agreed. They should have a 4x4 manual option as well, which could come in under 30l OTR
Old 5th September 2021, 01:12   #24
BHPian

Jeep charges absurdly high prices for the automatic compass as compared to the equivalent manual version.
The ex-showroom price of 1.4 Petrol Sport MT is 17.19 Lakh whereas that of 1.4 Petrol Sport AT is 19.69 Lakh. So, the difference is a whopping 2.5 lakhs and that too only for the DCT gearbox.
The price of the 2.0 Limited(O) Diesel 4x2 MT is 22.69 lakh and that for 2.0 Limited(O) Diesel 4x4 AT is 26.49 lakh. Here, the difference is 3.8 lakhs. Even if we consider 1.5 lakh extra for 4x4, it's still a difference of 2.3 lakh only for the automatic transmission.
I don't think that any other manufacturer charges such premium for its automatics.
axe_deo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks