Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 15:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno will now be available from both, Arena and Nexa showrooms

MSIL appears to have created a nebulous impression regarding placement of the Baleno. Baleno is like some middle level executives in a corporate hierarchy who usually have rapport with both the lower and higher echelons - a status bestowed upon the Baleno by Maruti.

Off Topic:-
But a funny comment surfaced from the media persons crowding the residence of actor Siddharth Shukla who passed away on 02/09. Most of the film personalities arrived to pay their last respects in imports. Actor Karanvir Bohra, who with his wife arrived in a metallic blue Ciaz was the subject of this nasty comment by a media person :-

"Ciaz mein aaye ye, garib dhik rahe"
(translated as "has come in a Ciaz, appears to be poor" )

Hence Arena or Nexa, even the flagship sedan from the car maker got such a pungent comment.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 7th September 2021 at 16:20.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:07   #17
BHPian

Now the Nexa outlets have competition not only from Toyota showrooms but their own Arena showrooms as well!

It might create complications in cities but in rural and semi-urban areas Maruti will be able to sell more Balenos.

Last edited by samyD : 7th September 2021 at 20:08. Reason: Grammar
samyD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 10:22   #18
BHPian

I think is a strategy to please people asking for the Swift NCAP rating to buy Baleno.
IIRC Baleno has a 4-star rating while the Swift was recently declared 0 star.

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/suzuki/baleno/24498

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 8th September 2021 at 10:23.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Looks like Nexa will house cars above 10L. They may replace Baleno with Baleno YTB Crossover as it's expected shortly.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:28   #20
BHPian

The ideal differentiation that Maruti should stick to should be: vehicles in the INR 10 lakh+ bracket available via NEXA and those in the below 10 lakh bracket available in Arena. NEXA does offer a premium experience and has helped Maruti lure a decent TG.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

I can foresee quite a bit of outpouring of angst from NEXA Maruti dealers, who were brainwashed by Maruti Dealer Development folks, that they were being given "priviledged & exclusive NEXA" status VS the minions who helmed non-NEXA outlets! Then they spent millions setting up NEXA showrooms at tony locations.

Agreed most Maruti dealers have both, ARENA and NEXA outlets, and they wouldn't be complaining, but Maruti also has an equally large number of ARENA only dealers as well, (specially in Tier2 and Tier 3 cities). And in those territories possibly a NEXA dealer (owned by a different proprietor). Feathers may get ruffled there.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 19:20   #22
BHPian

This development/announcement is purely academic as far as smaller cities and towns are concerned. Even though the cars are invoiced at 'Nexa', delivering cars at Arena outlets is pretty much in practice. Yes, this is possible when the ownership of Nexa and Arena outlets belong to the same dealership. Also, it is a norm that Nexa cars are serviced at Arena service centres. The only change I foresee with this decision is that now Arena outlets will probably be empowered to display and invoice Baleno 'officially'.

Last edited by Emvi : 8th September 2021 at 19:37.
Old 8th September 2021, 21:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
I think is a strategy to please people asking for the Swift NCAP rating to buy Baleno.
IIRC Baleno has a 4-star rating while the Swift was recently declared 0 star.

https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/suzuki/baleno/24498
You're comparing different ratings for cars meant for different regions.

European Swift also got 3 stars. https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/suzuki/swift/26927.

The European Baleno has a host of safety features not offered in the Indian variant.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:45   #24
BHPian

I don't know from where such rumours emerge but surely are entertaining and gives Suzuki coverage in forums. The new Baleno as far as I have seen and heard is a NEXA product. In my meagre knowledge, there is absolutely no plan of shifting Baleno out of NEXA or selling via ARENA as well. On the contrary, I have heard that upgrades are being done to make Baleno more NEXA worthy.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 8th September 2021 at 22:46.
Carma2017 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:49   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma2017 View Post
I don't know from where such rumours emerge but surely are entertaining and gives Suzuki coverage in forums. The new Baleno as far as I have seen and heard is a NEXA product. In my meagre knowledge, there is absolutely no plan of shifting Baleno out of NEXA or selling via ARENA as well. On the contrary, I have heard that upgrades are being done to make Baleno more NEXA worthy.
It's not a rumour for sure. I've confirmed this with three people in my city alone, one from NEXA and two from different Arena outlets. All of them confirmed the news that sales will begin soon from Arena outlets also.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks