Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 21:26   #91

Re: Rumour: Citroën to launch SUV and Sedan by 2024

Looks striking and proportionate and I hope the interiors and features match the exterior.

I wonder if it's equally good-looking in other colours. A good feature list and an enthusiastic marketing and sales team should do the trick.

I drove the C5 when it launched, and I did want to hop into the C3 but it was too bland to step into. C5 is a good & well-built product but lacks the X Factor both inside and out.

Service is a major issue for the Stellantis group in India.
Old 28th March 2024, 21:59   #92
BHPian

I beleive some gremlins (read French quirkiness ) will be there in the Basalt. They cannot live without flap type handles, hard plastic utilitarian interiors, lack of features and 3 pot engines. Without a sunroof, many families will give it a skip. Keeping the assumptions aside, Citroen might be doing a pulse check with this teaser and provide more features in the production version. With better showroom and service centre networks and a right model, it'll kick off their sales chart in the country.
Old 28th March 2024, 22:44   #93
BHPian

As soon as I scrolled to the image, it felt like double vision
Rumour: Citroën to launch SUV and Sedan by 2024-img_6659.jpeg
Old 28th March 2024, 23:50   #94

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Impressive looks!
Engine will be peppy and so will be the driving comfort.
Expecting Citroen to provide adequate features to tick more boxes and be competent.
Old 29th March 2024, 11:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I'll ... Is it just me or does someone see a dZire'ish look in the shots ...
I was eagerly awaiting for this C3X. Mainly feeding on the looks of C4X. But when I first saw the official photos in Instagram, the first thought came up was 'dZire' Since the mind reference was C4X, the tall & bulky look is very disappointing. May be it will look better in person.

No key hole next to driver door handle in photos. Hope it will stay that way & come with keyless entry, button start & auto climate control along with automatic gear. Other features may not be a great miss for me if the pricing is right.

The door handles are not putting me off as earlier, particularly after using the plasticky (slippery) flush handles of XUV700 in a demo car.
Old 29th March 2024, 14:52   #96
BHPian

Styling (subjective topic) is a lot more cohesive than the upcoming Curve. Hope it won't be under equipped.
Old 30th March 2024, 09:51   #97
BHPian

They should have entered Indian market with this product. Elegantly designed, has a very differentiated look than what we see on Indian roads, and this would have positioned Citron as a premium and an aspirational brand.

With C5 they entered a dead segment in India which was squeezed by Fortuner from the top and XUV500/700, Safari from the bottom and the C3 was not well equipped neither was positioned aspirational to draw buyers

This is a good product, but I think they are too late. Brand Citron has been stereotyped and it is difficult to give a complete makeover with only one champion product.
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 07:20   #98
BHPian

I loved the car on the very first look. Considering the amazing suspension and other mechncals, I might consider the electric variant as my second car.
Old 4th April 2024, 21:21   #99
BHPian

Is it me or does the Citroen Basalt when viewed side on have a similar stance to the Polestar 2? Especially with it's stubby notchback boot.
Rumour: Citroën to launch SUV and Sedan by 2024-15polestar2.jpg

Or for that matter any of the lifted Cross Country Volvo variants like the S60 below:
Rumour: Citroën to launch SUV and Sedan by 2024-s60-cc.jpg

Personally it looks an interesting design, Citroen hasn't failed in that regard. The concern still remains just how much of it has been "value engineered" in which case it'll be another intriguing French product that'll be dead on arrival.

I don't mind the flap type handles as long as crucial touchpoints and features like the ORVMs and interiors aren't short changed. I know features like a sunroof are all the rage and maybe it's just me in that I don't see it as being a make or break item, but generally Citroen needs to get the fundamentals right with this one. It's got such a unique opportunity here in that it straddles the moribund small sedan segment and the fiercely competitive compact crossover/SUV segment. Just price it sensibly and make it feel plush and desirable inside. There's only so much mileage you'll get out of your USP simply being je ne sais quoi..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks