Team-BHP - Tata Sierra - Would you like to see it on the road again?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Sierra - Would you like to see it on the road again? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2423-tata-sierra-would-you-like-see-road-again.html)

Hey guys...

The Tata Sierra was the first car to come out as a great looking SUV on Indian roads. It had its share of niggling problems being a Tata vehicle but it certainly had and still doe have road presence. Some times I feel they should have upgraded the Sierra rather than ihtroducing a sluggish Safari. Being a Sierra owner currently I absolutely love it and its a difficult car to replace. It gives great pleasure to bully evryone around. Plus great airconditioning and comfort while tavelling. Its really good on the highways.

So whats ur opinions on the Sierra

Cheers

Sure. Give the Sierra a larger and more powerful engine, 4WD and 2 more doors. Manvendra Singh had built a 5 door version which looked cool. I wonder if Tata Motors paid any attention to his work.
The quality of the vehicle will also have to improve in leaps and bounds. Actually, this is what Tata Motors should have done in the first place instead of introducing the Safari.
The Safari is a waste of 10 lacs and looks pretty silly after events like the advent of the Scorpio and price reduction of the amazing Chevrolet Forester.

ya there has to be a lot of improvements on quality and finishing. A little design changes would do too.
and what it really really needs is a GOOD powerful engine!

i wud love to see the sierra back with a new engine. better quality interiors and ride. tata is concentrating too much on the Indica/Indigo. I guess its time they pay attention to the Sierra/Estate/Sumo.

Yeah V12 . I'd love to see a Sierra with 4x4 a choice of 4 or 2 doors and a powerful 2.5 or 3.0 litre Turbo engine . On the cosmetic front theres no end to what you could do to a Sierra but a nice set of alloys and tyres would do the trick. Anyways the A/C of the Sierra is one of the best around since the rear glasswasnt openable

Cheers

there are no ends to mods on a Sierra. u shud have seen Timmys Sierra. One of them was painted orange and had HUGE alloys with spacers. In the monsoon u had to keep the windows closed [whether raining or not] or all the muck wud enter inside. I cant imagine the plight of the person drivin/riding next to or behind him.

Nothing like watching a Sierra covered in muck thats whats its meant for

Cheers

Have great memories of mine. I had one when I got married and used it for various long trips .One day, we decided at 3.00 am to go to Kerala, got stuck in a highway jam, followed a jeep through some pretty bad roads as a short cut - no problem. Three years later, things started dropping off / going wrong so I let it go. It was comfortable, only thing I would have wanted was power and better cornering

BTW has the Sierra production stopped???

V12,

The Sierra is yet available, albeit on full down payment only.

One of my closest buddy's owns a Sierra Turbo and we are still having some great times in her. The comfort levels and ride quality of the Sierra are really something else. The turbo whine at 4000 rpm is music to the ears, and the engine at 90,000 kms has still held up really strong (Only PUC problems since day one).

I love the Sierra, and think of it as one of the few Indian vehicles with CHARACTER! Its a mans car, a different breed from the pale sedans and hatches you see everyone in. Buttttttttttttttttt its at the end of its life, and no amount of quality and more power is going to sell it.

Well Tata Sierra...rest in peace

GTO

Guyz....i dont know if u remember but there used to be a Sierra advertisement on TV where a guy parks the clean car in his bunglow... after he goes in .. the Sierra goes around it self and comes home dirty... i used to love that ad.. like anything...
They shud get the Sierra back with a brute/practical design and with the powerful engines...a borg warner 4wd would be awesome from the Safari...and ya... there shud be Short wheel base and long wheel base i.e 3 doors and 5 doors...

C`mon Tata.. bring it back!

Ajmat
Great to have some married guys on this site I thought I and a few members of y team were the only guys on this site:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Fiat @ Mar. 31 2004,19:06)]Ajmat
Great to have some married guys on this site I thought I and a few members of y team were the only guys on this site:cool:

Yep - am married and just over the wrong side of 40 -

if the engine and transmission and the diff is ok the vehicle will really be welcomed

Hey GTO youre absolutely correct the Sierra does have a unique character. There are very few other cars which are as confortable even in the rear. And the huge side window is like a fish tank. Drivinnng that gives youa great view of the road ahead. Leg room is so much that even my dog sleeps there confortably. I'll try to get my Sierra sometime on our meets . You could check it out then...

Cheers