Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 21:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia India has announced Tae-Jin Park as MD and CEO from October 4

Kia India elevates Tae-Jin Park to MD and CEO, Kookhyun Shim to retire.

Name:  20210930_213937.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  237.6 KB

Kia India has announced that Tae-Jin Park, Executive Director and Chief Sales & Business Strategy Officer (CSBO) will assume the role of Managing Director and CEO, Kia India, from October 4. Mr Park has been associated with Kia India since January 2020.

Appointed to his role in January 2018, Mr Kookhyun Shim, the current MD and CEO of Kia India played a crucial role in introducing the Kia brand in India.

In just 26 months, the carmaker has taken a 6.47% share of the passenger vehicle market and its Seltos and Sonet are regulars in the top 5 best-selling SUVs each month.

Quote:
Mr Kookhyun Shim will retire from his services and will move back to Korea.
Quote:
Commenting on his appointment, Tae-Jin Park, the new MD and CEO, Kia India said, “It is my honour and absolute privilege to lead India operations and take the Kia story in the country forward, building upon the strong foundation laid by Mr Shim. India is a strategic market for Kia and has potential to foster growth for the brand globally. In our short journey in India so far, we have achieved many milestones and these achievements are a testament to our commitment of bringing a revolution in the auto industry by making a difference across the entire auto ecosystem. Our ambitious targets will not only challenge us, but will also help us establish India as an important sales, production and research & development hub for Kia.”
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th September 2021 at 21:53.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Kia India has announced Tae-Jin Park as MD and CEO from October 4

Wishes to Tae-Jin Park & a great start given by Mr Kookhyun Shim.

A decade back, I strongly liked Ford, VW & Skoda brands for their solid build quality.
I didn't like Maruti, Hyundai because of the same reasons.

Now, after a decade, I understood that every OE has their own positives & negatives & they will concentrate on their strengths rather than on their weaknesses.
Hyundai & Kia are brands who are very strong in "the features" for that respective segment. (either 1st in class or best in class).

I had started strongly liking Hyundai & Kia. They are giving a tough fight to Suzuki in India & their marketing skills & ways are spot on & very aggressive.
Not only them, overall Korean brands had evolved over time to give beautiful products at reasonable cost compared to the market leaders.(Ex: LG, Samsung over Sony etc).

Hope Kia evolves over time to give much more good fight to Suzuki, Tata etc & as a end result, Customer gets more choices to choose.
Fiestaboy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks