Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2021, 19:25   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors sales have outpaced their service network | More Tata workshops desperately needed

As someone who has Tata on his radar for quite some years & observing their showrooms & service centres, I was shocked to see the amount of cars at their VKIA service centre here in Jaipur while passing it a fortnight ago. A place with a huge compound & still choc-a-block with cars; moreover the area outside their boundary wall was also jam packed with cars.
A far cry from the time when Nexon was launched & you could see the huge empty spaces inside their compound.

This will be a huge factor going forward while considering or suggesting a Tata car.
Old 31st October 2021, 01:08   #32
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors sales have outpaced their service network | More Tata workshops desperately needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
+1. I have personally seen getting my Tata Nexon serviced difficult over the years. In 2018, it had a maximum lead time of a few days, now it’s in weeks and forget pick up and drop off, the appointment is so far ahead that no one will actually bother.

For my 3rd year service, I had to visit the service Center 3 times. The first time they changed oil and the filters only. I needed a timing kit change as well as the SA informed me that to get the extended warranty this was needed. I was asked to visit exactly at 8 AM to get it done and it took me two days (30+ KMs distance to service Center.) for my car to get ‘accepted’ .
Never heard of timing kit change in 3rd service better confirm with others if it really the case or if the service center is taking you for a ride.
Old 8th December 2021, 18:06   #33
BHPian

Here's what's planned in Kannur, Kerala:

Tata Motors sales have outpaced their service network | More Tata workshops desperately needed-kvr-upcoming.jpg

You can see the plight. There are only three service centers at present to cater to customers from no less than fifteen showrooms! If they go ahead with the four new planned ones, it will be great. Picture taken from the service center in Payyanur.
sravankrishnan is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 08:34   #34
BHPian

Hello. Owner of Zest here. Bought it in 2016. I have always serviced it at TASS (1 year service interval). Car about to complete 6 years and gave it yesterday for routine service in Bangalore.
Very underwhelming experience. The service center was swamped with much more cars than they can handle. Doesn't help that their new lineup mostly have 6 months service intervals.
They overlooked some items I told them to change specifically. Also delivered the car about 2 hours after promised delivery time.
Overall 4/10.
Most likely not going back again in future. Search for a good FNG continues.

Also, in the last 6 years of servicing, I have never received a call from tata asking for feedback.

Hope Tata scales up their service to match their recent uptick in sales. Else they are looking at many unhappy owners who will be reluctant to upgrade within the tata family.

Last edited by srvm : 26th January 2022 at 08:36.
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:35   #35
BHPian

Picture from my storme at the SVC early 2021.

A time when one car got the genuine attention and care of 3 Service advisors.

Fast forward to 2022 and one Service Advisor is stretched thin between 10 cars at a minimum. No space to drive into the SVC either . Had to leave it at the gate and they'd take it in later.

:(
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors sales have outpaced their service network | More Tata workshops desperately needed-cc.jpg  

viXit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks