Team-BHP - Newspapers article on Speedrun 2003.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Newspapers article on Speedrun 2003. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2431-newspapers-article-speedrun-2003-a.html)

Hi guys,
If u read the recent articles of the Speedrun 2004 in the newspapers, u'll understand what i mean. There was not a single mention of either the SL55 AMG or the Toyota "Bangy" Supra. Only celebrities and their cars were mentioned. Gautam Singhania , Himanshu Gondal and their cars were mentioned in all the articles. The articles being TOI, Mid-Day, Times Drive, Metro etc. I'm sure the guys who wrote these articles are LEAST interested in cars. The SL and the Supra were the star cars of the drag. They shud have been mentioned somewhere. Come on this is a Dragrace. Its not a fashion show or a movie, where only celebrities shud be covered. I was really lookin forward to Rishab/Asif being mentioned. If not that atleast the drag between their cars. But nothing. Nothing.

I know it was kindof shocking!! I was not surprised not to see the SL or Rishabhs name mentioned, BUT I was surprised not to see either mention NOR Image of the Toyota Supra and its owner who was the actual winner of the race! Also one article mentioned that Singhania won ALL 3 categories he participated and thats just WRONG!

ya thats what. they just post anything without verifying the facts. According to them the Speedrun 2004 was a celebrities event. All they cud see at Speedrun was Singhania and Singhania and Singhania. And Himanshu at one corner i guess. I guess they shud just stick to politics and other stuff and let the mags do the coverage of the Auto stuff. I was surprised that even Times Drive didnt mention either of the cars.

If they cant do a good job of covering the event, they shouldnt do it at all. Its really surprising that with such a great turnout of car-enthusiasts and curious minds alike...there is not a single publication that has covered the event well enough with results, timings and pictures.

But then I guess thats what happens when people give as much importance to page 3 of the Bombay Times as they do to the front page of the main edition.

GTO

That's very typical of our newspapers. They don't know much about what they write. They just want big names on their front pages to attract the attention of our uninformed public. Remember the incident when one newspaper had said that the Ferrari F40 would be available in India for 2.5 crores? We had discussed it on Formula India..... everyone was angry.

http://groups.msn.com/formula....6111409

and the newspapers also went on to describe the Benley Arnage as "Sleek". eeeeeeeks.

V12 u r rite no mention of SL but did u check out the Times Drive or wat ever they call it they have written bout spunky 800's, winged Zens, Citys & savagely powerful Toyota Supras & top-end MERCS. And also menioned bout Asif's Supra clockin 13.827 & also mentioned dat Supra had NOS whereas my memory goes Domnic who knows Asif , he said supra doent have NOS Who's Rite Who's Rong

That really makes me mad and I guess I speak out for every one why is it like this always only these actor or celebrities get all the credit all they got is a car nothing else they dont even have the heart for this sport they just come out to showoff with their cars I would love to smoke one off these guys belive me I WILL GET MY CHANCE

Dude I prefer it the way happnened. I mean its good I did not get any Publicity and I wanted it that way. And Also Asif had told me that he does not have NOS. I dont know why every1's like did he use NOS and did u see the NOS ?

Hey,

Everyone is hung up about "NOS"

Its the new "in thing" after fast and the furious. Most people think its some kinda magic that provides so much more power (than it actually does).

(FYI - In reality "NOS" that everyone is talking about is actually a brandname, its actually Nitrious Oxide (N20 if im not mistaken).)

Its sad to see these poor reporters messing up all the automotive news...i guess all the names and numbers and numbers in names gets confusing for them......but that is no excuse for not verifying the facts and just going on hear-say. I mean these are very influential publications we are talking about.....and it scary to think what other information may have been misrepresented in them!

cya
Rehaan

You are right pal, its N2O and not NOS ( i guess i am a lil guilty of using NOS too often myself too.. ). But if one looks at it, its a good brand-recall exercise for NOS over other established players like HKS, Greddy, Johnson Racing etc.

Its as good as saying xerox when all you need is a photo-copy!

Revvmaster

how abt callin it NOX - N[itrous]OX[ide]??

Absolutely Revv,
I refer to it as NOS too often as well, but just wanted to clarify for people who were not aware.
NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) IS the largest retailer of automotive Nitrous Oxide equipment. And im sure the fast and the furious was a great 2hour long advertisement for them!

V12, haha...i might just use that one from time to time ;-]

cya
Rehaan

This isnt the first time newspapers have messed up. I remember there was a picture of the Tag Huer Mclaren car in a news paper and the caption read" A Ferrari Formula 1 car on display" How idiotic can anyon get. And yes the Speed Run reports were all on Singhania like he was king of the day.. Man these guys will do anything for publicity. And its coll in one way Rishab wasnt mentioned caues I know he wanted it that way but it would have been cool to read that the SL kicked the Supra with so called NOS..

Cheers

Yepp Nitrous, N2O or Nitro instead of NOS or NX (2 widely used brands).