Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 10:59   #16

Re: Volvo XC60 and S90 mild-hybrid version launched at Rs 61.9 lakh

I haven't faced issue with the internet connectivity that much. It is provided via an in built LTE network sim, thus so long as you are getting mobile connection it works well. Also, the system caches the maps while it has connectivity so that it works for some time even in no connectivity areas. This specifically happened when we went deep into a coffee plantation recently.
Old 12th April 2022, 13:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandujam View Post
Hi, this is my first post on team bhp. I recently purchased the B5 petrol mild hybrid XC60. Sharing my early thoughts on the car (been only 3 weeks since we got it home). I had spent countless hours scouring over all the forums of team bhp to get all the information to help make my decision, so thought I should share my experience with fellow bhpians. Most of all, a big thank you to V Narayan for his evergreen post on his life with the Brown Mare. The pure joy comes through in your words and pics sir.
Congratulations on your swanky new ride and wish you many happy miles and road trips !.

I'm considering the same to replace my 2018 X1. I find XC60 very plush and subtle, the way I like it. I'm still on catalogue engineering and hence not seen the car in flesh. Just wanted to know the following two things if you or anyone else can comment:
1. Does it have any ambient lighting?
2. Do the headlights support "Corner Bending" and "High Beam Assist"?
3. Are ventilated seats any better?

The technical information and features listed on website are not adequate.
Old 6th May 2022, 11:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't faced issue with the internet connectivity that much. It is provided via an in built LTE network sim, thus so long as you are getting mobile connection it works well. Also, the system caches the maps while it has connectivity so that it works for some time even in no connectivity areas. This specifically happened when we went deep into a coffee plantation recently.
Hi, have you faced any software issues related to TPMS, car not starting or stalling, parking sensors and 360 camera? I'm planning to book this car but put it on hold by hearing such issues. It would be very helpful if you could share your experience so far with the car.
Old 6th May 2022, 13:13   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_bajaj View Post
Congratulations on your swanky new ride and wish you many happy miles and road trips !.

I'm considering the same to replace my 2018 X1. I find XC60 very plush and subtle, the way I like it. I'm still on catalogue engineering and hence not seen the car in flesh. Just wanted to know the following two things if you or anyone else can comment:
1. Does it have any ambient lighting?
2. Do the headlights support "Corner Bending" and "High Beam Assist"?
3. Are ventilated seats any better?

The technical information and features listed on website are not adequate.
Hi, apologies for missing this earlier.
1. Ambient lighting - it has footwell lighting, puddle lights and a nice touch with downward lights in the door handles. I doesn’t have those neon lights running through the dashboard and i am thankful for that. Haven’t tested color change on this, i am a fan of staying on the straight and narrow.
2. No clue about this technicality. All i can say is that i have now driven in pitch black darkness in rural areas with winding roads with zero issues in visibility
3. Yup, they are really useful on long drives. Along with seat massager. Easily increases the time you can drive by an hour or so.

Hope this is helpful
khandujam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:17   #20

Quote:
Hi, have you faced any software issues related to TPMS, car not starting or stalling, parking sensors and 360 camera? I'm planning to book this car but put it on hold by hearing such issues. It would be very helpful if you could share your experience so far with the car.
I have not faced any issues like car not starting or stalling, or with parking sensors or 360 camera. Faced issues initially with the in-built LTE but the service centre flashed the system with the latest OS update and has been running smoothly since. One thing though that I don’t like is the automatic collision detection mode, that automatically applies the front or rear brakes in a rapid manner. I know its for safety but indian roads are not Swedish, the general amount of space between vehicles is lesser. Sadly can’t turn off that feature, at least I haven’t found a way.
khandujam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I have not faced any issues like car not starting or stalling, or with parking sensors or 360 camera. Faced issues initially with the in-built LTE but the service centre flashed the system with the latest OS update and has been running smoothly since.
Thanks for the quick response. It is a great relief. Will it be possible for you (I know I'm stretching) to share the software version of the car?
I'm asking all these questions because my SA called me and told me that I should hold the booking as car is facing major issues (reported above) and I should wait for the new software update to see if these are resolved. Then I came across this thread https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/s...system.651834/

So I'm kind of skeptical whether I should go for it.

Quote:
One thing though that I don’t like is the automatic collision detection mode, that automatically applies the front or rear brakes in a rapid manner.
Can you also elaborate your experience on this?
Old 6th May 2022, 15:28   #22

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. It is a great relief. Will it be possible for you (I know I'm stretching) to share the software version of the car?
I'm asking all these questions because my SA called me and told me that I should hold the booking as car is facing major issues (reported above) and I should wait for the new software update to see if these are resolved. Then I came across this thread https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/s...system.651834/

So I'm kind of skeptical whether I should go for it.

Can you also elaborate your experience on this?
I think if the SA is saying you should hold off then you should. his incentive is to sell you the car and yet he is advising against it. I personally havent faced any issues till now, touchwood. Mine is android 10, Security patch 1 sept 2021, kernel version 4.19.174, #1 on Thu oct 14, 2021. dont know which of these denotes the version though

on the auto braking, the car's cameras detect distance to an obstacle and if the car is moving and getting too close, it applies brakes on its own to prevent collision. its disconcerting at times coz you are not braking since you are used to pretty close encounters normally in India.
khandujam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 09:08   #23
BHPian

Volvo sedan ‘total loss’ in crash but saves driver: Impressed owner buys another Volvo!

I could not believe the below story until I watched the video and clips. I was seeing the video posted by Malayalam auto journalist Baiju N Nair and looked for the news and I found the same story in Cartoq. Amazing to watch the clips. Real incident which should be treated higher than any GNCAP

I am also sharing the Cartoq story for easy reading

https://www.cartoq.com/volvo-sedan-t...another-volvo/

Last edited by Randamoozham : 3rd January 2023 at 09:21. Reason: Added the title from the story
Randamoozham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:28   #24
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I too have joined the club of XC60 owners.

A pre owned 2021, B5 Inscription Mild Hybrid.

I had created a thread earlier in the year to decide on the purchase.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...kh-rupees.html (Pre-owned BMW X1, Audi Q3, Mercedes GLA or a new car? Budget of 30 lakh rupees)

However, I have ended up going one notch higher and decide in favour of this beauty. Hope to put up a write up soon.
Old 27th December 2023, 14:31   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyer View Post
Hi Friends,

I too have joined the club of XC60 owners.

A pre owned 2021, B5 Inscription Mild Hybrid.
Congratulations!! Welcome to the Volvo club. I hope you enjoy the car as I have been doing. Lovely choice and a wonderful car.

May you have happy miles ahead. Enjoy the car and do post your opinion after use.

Last edited by manson : 27th December 2023 at 15:00. Reason: Typos.
deepak_bajaj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks