Team-BHP - Time to say goodbye !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Time to say goodbye ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2438-time-say-goodbye.html)

WeIndians cannot say good bye to our cars – we keep making them till the company closes down or is in dire staits–except Honda

Zen – outlasted its time, nip and tuck makes it look older
Esteem – even the competitors now look old
Contessa – not space efficient, ugly lethargic beast
Ambassador – traffic needs to run faster
Omni – unsafe, drivers are even more dangerous as there is not bonnet to damage
Opel Corsa – Insipid
Ford Ikon – you’ve done your deed - but your design is nearly 10 years old , time for a change
Uno – Great car but why bother when the Palio is around

The fact that most of these cars still sell well in the market is enough for the manufacturers to keep making them. Ok the Conti isnt made any more and the Amby sells in few numbers. But the Zen Esteem still sell a lot . Uno isnt really around now and maybe the Ikon does neeed an upgrade. Its also about time we got the new look Corsa from the European market. I really dont like the current Corsa except maybe the hatch

Cheers

i guess only Uno, Conti [sorry Adi] and Amby shud go. They are anyways not selling. Earlier atleast the Amby and Conti used be a hit with the Govt people. But now they've made way for the Indigo.

The others can remain cos theyre still selling. But not forever.

The Contessa is dead and gone. So let's stop worrying about it. Obviously it was a very ugly car - most Indians think of cars like the Santro as beautiful. Shows their definition of beauty.
About discontinuing the rest of the cars mentioned here, well, the debate can just go on and on and on. In the case of every car, for every pro there's a con and vice versa.

Speaking of Santros there was another ridiculous ad in the papers today.

Cheers

thats Hyundai wishing us "April Fool".

Hehehe Happy April Fools Day to all from Hyundai

Cheers

hey agree with adi, here
a right colour ie black! 2 longer doors instead of 4
huge alloys with wide tyres, scoops on the front will make a conti look far better than the so called sports"two door zen" and other such vehicles
plus the few mods on the existing 88 bhp engine would make it unbeatble, heck the chinkara runs on it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ April 06 2004,16:15)]heck the chinkara runs on it!!

chinkara.....

that thing is a beast, and I don't mean that in a good way. How it got so much publicity i really don't know (maybe something to do with the "phirang" making it??). This thing looks like the truck version of the Lotus 7.

Thread revived. Need to relook at the cars that need a goodbye NOW.

Funnily enough, many of the original suspects are still around........lol:

Just can't agree with Ambassador. It's our national car after all. :D
Looks like it will still sell in 2050!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Thread revived. Need to relook at the cars that need a goodbye NOW.

Well timed Steeroid. As Maruti took the initiative to close Zen production, others will follow?

Let us not count the cars which got pulled out because of their pathetic sales figures.

Thanks Steeroid, I forgot that I even wrote this thread!

There is news in the ET about Fiat closing its Kurla plant.

I hope these cars would go away soon!

- 800, Esteem, Amby and Omni