Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 14:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?

Renault has shared an image of the Arkana crossover with the text "we're ready".

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-20211101_143446.jpg

Renault's teaser comes out as a precursor to the Movember event. Launch on cards in future?

Renault Arkana is a five-seater crossover with coupe design. It has already been launched in the global markets.

Renault Arkana is powered by a 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol engine which produces 150 PS of power. The engine is mated to a CVT-type automatic transmission and is available with an all-wheel-drive too in the global markets.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st November 2021 at 15:09.
Venkatesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 15:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Renault has shared an image of the Arkana crossover with the text "we're ready".

Attachment 2226830

Renault's teaser comes out as a precursor to the Movember event. Launch on cards in future?

Link
My guess is that they are using the Arkana image just because it's tail lights line up in the shape of a moustache. Taking advantage #movember for publicity as a group? May not be a India specific ad.
cogWheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:44   #3
BHPian

Autocar UK in their review say and I quote, "A car that’s better to look at than to drive."
Renault better give this a miss, and although they call it a hybrid SUV, it's nothing but a raised sedan.

If they do wanna bring in a new product, I think it should be the Megane EV that's slated to launch next year. It looks quite nice too.
Name:  images 3.jpeg
Views: 1463
Size:  23.0 KB
MotoBlip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 19:01   #4
BHPian

Even if Arkana fails on every other front (hope it shouldn't), it will still surely be successful on being numero Uno in one area i.e. introducing Indians with Cross Sedans or raised sedans.
I personally would like to have a cross sedan which won't have body-roll of a typical SUV (wannabe SUV), yet won't scrap its belly easily.

Wishing Renault Very Best Luck!

Edit: Also, sometime back remember Tata Motors talking about bringing one such cross-sedan in coming years. Good times ahead.

Last edited by DriveOnceMore : 2nd November 2021 at 19:03.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 10:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Renault Arkana has been spotted testing in Chennai.

Quote:
Is Renault planning to launch Arkana as a replacement to Duster in India? It is also possible that it could be a test mule through which Renault might be trying to do some initial tests to check suitability of the model or some of its components for the Indian market.
Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-20220219_103330.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-fb_img_1645247107030.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-fb_img_1645247109478.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th February 2022 at 10:52.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 16:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Renault Arkana in clear pictures

Quote:
The Renault Arkana has been spotted in India. This could potentially be a test car for international markets or simply brought in for a customer clinic or some other purposes.
Quote:
But if this were a model under test for India, it would mean a CBU approach is under consideration as the firms local plant is not geared up for the CMF-B platform.
Name:  20220219024831_Arkana.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  20220219024831_Arkana_rear.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  86.6 KB

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th February 2022 at 16:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 17:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Quote:
But if this were a model under test for India, it would mean a CBU approach is under consideration as the firms local plant is not geared up for the CMF-B platform.
I'm no expert here, but I think they also have a separate Arkana for Russia based on the B0+ (modified B0) platform, similar to the Russian Kaptur (the same car the RHD Indian Captur was based on) so is there a possibility they might do an RHD conversion on the Russian B0+ Arkana for India like they did with the Captur? The Tamil Nadu factory obviously has the tooling for at least the B0 platform.

It would be interesting if someone could figure out whether this test car is the Russian one or the European (CMF-B based) one because I don't have the slightest clue how to.

Despite the old platform underpinning it, the Russian LHD B0+ one also has good developments for safety which I hope Renault brings to India, especially after the Duster's airbag saga.

Name:  Screenshot 20220219 at 4.53.34 PM.png
Views: 1328
Size:  351.3 KB
*see this post to find out what 'additional tests' means

Last edited by ron178 : 19th February 2022 at 17:38.
ron178 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 17:39   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
I'm no expert here, but I think they also have a separate Arkana for Russia based on the B0+ (modified B0) platform, similar to the Russian Kaptur (the same car the RHD Indian Captur was based on) so is there a possibility they might do an RHD conversion on the Russian B0+ Arkana for India like they did with the Captur? The Tamil Nadu factory obviously has the tooling for at least the B0 platform.
For now its a wait and watch game until Renault India confirms about the launch of Arkana either as a CBU product or opt for local production.

From the Autocar India article : Link

Quote:
Renault could potentially make the BO-based Arkana here. However, we understand that the firm is currently going slow on local manufacturing of new product lines and is keen to establish a sustained minimum volume with its products currently on sale. The company will also be wary of launching another premium SUV using the BO platform given the lackluster market reception of the Captur.
Quote:
Thus, if the Arkana were to make it to India, it would likely be the CMF-B based product brought in as a CBU. This could potentially justify the price with its upmarket interiors and technology and would enable the company to sustain some market buzz, in the face of what will be a very quite year or two with no new locally produced models scheduled for launch.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 19th February 2022 at 17:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 00:15   #9
BHPian

Captur being a flop in India is Renault's own making IMHO. It was based on the Russia spec model Kaptur, if I recollect correctly, which is the same platform as Duster. However, they launched it as a premium model positioned above the Duster but there was no real distinguishing factor between the two, especially for the common buyers. The exterior design also received mixed response with most preferring Duster's butch look. The interiors were very much like Duster so at the end there is this model which doesn't have the rugged and SUV look like Duster, interior theme similar(or same?) as Duster but have to pay much more premium than Duster.

If Arkana is going via the same route, then it'll be a disaster. I seriously hope they bring the UK model to India, especially the hybrid one. I believe Arkana has the following advantages.

1) Stylish design
2) 5 star Euro NCAP rating
3) New segment - Coupe design

However, it'll face still competition from the upcoming long version of Tata Nexon since it'll also most probably have 5 star safety rating(GNCAP though), will be offered in variety of engines (Petrol/Diesel/Electric), will have coupe design as per reports. If priced aggressively, which can't happen if going the CBU route, then I believe Arkana will be a good and sensible alternate option to the upcoming Nexon coupe.
Old 21st February 2022, 15:23   #10
BHPian

If the Arkana comes to India, it has to definitely come with a minimum couple of USPs, and looks not be the one. There has never been any successful Indian car that was sold purely based on looks.
So unless Renault defines the Arkana clearly, it will be another Captur.
Old 21st February 2022, 17:18   #11
BHPian

I don't think Renault India is that stupid to introduce Arkana as CBU as the price will go above 3MINR easily. My guess is that either the car is for some show/management purpose just like Nissan MD Rakesh has this Nissan X-Trail or may be for a future development study for CMF-B Platform in India Condition.
Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-screenshot-20220221-171822.jpg
starke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 10:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Renault India again teases the Arkana E-Tech Hybrid, this time for the New Batman movie.

The teaser highlights the new Renault logo as the Bat signal.

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-20220306_101036.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-smartselect_20220306101050_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th March 2022 at 10:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:02   #13
Senior - BHPian

Renault Arkana spotted undisguised yet again in India, this time near Kurnool.

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-smartselect_20220307105952_instagram.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-smartselect_20220307110004_instagram.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-smartselect_20220307110013_instagram.jpg

Renault to launch Arkana SUV in India?-smartselect_20220307110026_instagram.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Looks funny and questionable but if the bootlid opens up taking the rear windshield with it like first gen Octavia, that will be great.
Old 7th March 2022, 16:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Looks funny and questionable but if the bootlid opens up taking the rear windshield with it like first gen Octavia, that will be great.
Just checked the UK website and the windshield does go up.

https://www.renault.co.uk/cars/arkana/design.html

The interiors are quite different and a nice place to be (from the pictures).
callmeneo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks