Team-BHP - If only Tata made prettier cars...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   If only Tata made prettier cars... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24410-if-only-tata-made-prettier-cars-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 451682)
haa haaa haaaa... how true.
4. The Tatas changed the suspension to a much more softly sprung one as many customers felt that the previous setup is too stiff for city rides. The downside is that at high speeds the car does do some amount of rock and roll when given some neat twists on the wheel. I have experience with both the versions and hence...

Even when it was launched I thought the Indica was pretty good as far as its ride was concerned. We had the earliest version in the family for a while, but then we had some very ugly ultrasoft cushioning on the seats as well. Maybe that accounted for some of the pothole absorbing.

Quote:

Footnote: With the new Turbo DLG and DLX something has changed. My idea is that the suspension has been stiffened to some extent. Combined with the larger wheels on these the car is again rock steady. I realized this during my recent Goa trip. That tendency to pitch on sharp turns is gone.

The Xeta is pretty good too. While more than a little unrefined, it is a very driveable car. Last year we tried telling the chaps at Concorde to fit the turbo's larger wheels on the Xeta (has more of both torque and power than the turbo, at least on paper), and make it look more proportionate, but they refused - something to do with warranty I guess.

Quote:

5. Yeah more refreshments. :D or rather light snacks. Alongwith the new grill (=non-smiley grill) a new set of foglamps, new dual chamber headlights, new pointed ORVMs, new set of tail lamps, a new sporty gear knob, black interior plastics and many such small knick-knacks.

Too much work happening on the new indica - almost jarring. The 'grandfather' design looks quieter in comparison. I suspect this new grille treatment was what they'd planned for Rover before the talks fell through.

Quote:

By the way, has anyone noticed that Tatas have subtly made a change to their Indicab range. The first time I saw one on the road I thought some nut decided to paint his cab and do some retrofitment. ......that while the taillamps are ok but the body colored bumpers and grills (all white) look bad. They should have left those black. That looked better.

I agree the black and white combo looked much better. I keep telling the same friend who bought a silver Xeta that the Indicab looks more proportionate (and he agrees!). The new Cab also comes with a turbo. Hmm.. maybe there's a DiCor in the offing for the civilian Indica.
They've also launched the Indigo Cab (officially - the hotels had them all along). This is the V-series minus a few frills, and NO body coloured bumpers.

i feel the new 2007 indica with its changes to the grille, lamps, bumper etc. has changed the whole look / character of the car. not that I am happy / unhappy with it. it just doesn't look as simple as before. a bit too much happening, i think.

I think Tatas have decided to give Indica a more aggressive look. The result is the 2007 look. That rounded smiley front has given way to a much sharper snout with a lets-talk-business type minimalist grill with two horizontal slats that almost seem to underline a point. Same is with the meshed bumper and that smaller, rounded fog lamps, those sharper, smaller ORVMs. I think the idea was to give that aggressive look an emphasis.