Team-BHP - New Tata Safari owner wants to use his SUV as a garbage truck
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Safari owner wants to use his SUV as a garbage truck (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/244187-new-tata-safari-owner-wants-use-his-suv-garbage-truck-2.html)

As a current Safari owner, I can understand the frustrations of the owners. It is a combination of TATA defective quality and the unknowledgeable ASS and the high expectations of the customer who feels entitled to a trouble free experience after spending 20+ big ones on a car when he has so many reliable options to choose from. I too had a very frustrating experience last week. You can read about it in the following link.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5191944

Just when I thought the worst is behind me and I have understood the problem, I got the check engine light on again today morning. Being in Chennai after the rains and trying to take your car out after protecting it from the worst storm, to have the check engine light on is really a pain. Sometimes, I even wonder whether I have made a mistake investing in TATA so soon. It's not just brand bashing guys. As a safari owner, I can vouch for that. Patriotism apart, No one likes an unreliable car. Going to visit the ASS come Monday, but I don't have any high hopes of this problem getting sorted out anytime soon.

I don't know if it's just me feeling that way but the amount of negative publicity about the Safari just increased a lot just before and until a little after the XUV700 launch and many came from not so popular YouTubers and websites that run on ads.
Then it had gone relatively silent. Is this just coincidence or a digital media campaign? The one case that was otherwise doing rounds was that of the lemon that was sold by Dada motors Ludhiana which is truly a painful experience.

I wouldn't want to jump the gun to stand for the Tata Safari but with 2150km on the ODO, it has been great experience; much better than I expected from the car. Now I am due for 1st service and worried of the service quality. This is one thing where most of the miseries of car ownership start. Getting properly trained technicians are very difficult these days. Dealers don't pay them well and that reflects in the quality of work. To make things worse, most service advisors only try to achieve the targets. They know very little about the car nor are they bothered. Customers are seen as the cash cows and the most vulnerable are drained as per their wish. And this is a common theme across dealerships and brands.

Any issues with the dealership has to be addressed professionally. Holding your composure is key to a positive negotiation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude300 (Post 5195191)
Then it had gone relatively silent. Is this just coincidence or a digital media campaign?

The one case that was otherwise doing rounds was that of the lemon that was sold by Dada motors Ludhiana which is truly a painful experience.

I doubt Mahindra would indulge in anything of the sort if that is what you are implying. Whatever press and response they have garnered is on the product’s merit. They just repeated what they had done with XUV500 - it’s the exact same formula. Just before a major launch, I really do not think they would have the mental space to plan out any sort of such campaigns against a rival.

As for cases going quiet, you are always made to sign NDAs before any resolution. So it’s not unsurprising that the eventual details of these settlements never come out.

The Ludhiana case - he has uploaded another video. Dealer is now using intimidation tactics to silence him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 5195216)
I doubt Mahindra would indulge in anything of the sort if that is what you are implying. Whatever press and response they have garnered is on the product’s merit. They just repeated what they had done with XUV500 - it’s the exact same formula. Just before a major launch, I really do not think they would have the mental space to plan out any sort of such campaigns against a rival.

Just adding, more so, they are gearing up to face the challenges of niggles themselves! First time right is a concept that Indian car makers need to seriously contemplate and act. I had a first gen XUV which had an engine failure within 10,000 Km, and what GTO said, a dedicated thread here did help, and with the help of a few DBhpian's. My second gen XUV completed 5 years without any niggles whatsoever.
I was contemplating a Dark edition, guess I need to hold on for a few days. With A7L having 88 weeks+ delivery. you really don't have any other options but to test your patience.