Team-BHP - New Chevrolet Nubira/Optra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Chevrolet Nubira/Optra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24423-new-chevrolet-nubira-optra.html)

just found this
CarSpyShots.net Forums: 2009 Chevrolet Nubira/Daewoo Nubira

The current Optra looks better.

It wont be coming here before end 2008 or early or may be mid 2009.

I think it would look nice. Optra when released looked very different from other similar cars, and the new one should continue the trend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 449019)
The current Optra looks better.

How/Why would you say that when the car is under cover... not to be seen in original form...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grvanand (Post 449270)
I think it would look nice. Optra when released looked very different from other similar cars, and the new one should continue the trend.

agree: ...

hope they fix the gearbox, and make the engine more peppy and along with the existing great ride and rear legroom it should do well.

I think the car looks great. The current Optra is a staid kinda car, a car that someone in his 40's and a family man would buy, the new one seems more edgier and sporty.

If you plan on splurging on a car under 10lakhs wait for the new Optra diesel to come out in June or July. I am not sure whether its my repeated emails to the GM office or frequent visits to the Cochin office by very many of my friends requesting for the Vectra engine in the OPTRA they have done one better than we asked for and have put in more BHP and torque into the OPTRA than we asked for in the first place:Cheering:.
Now I will have a tough time deciding between the 150bhp FIAT Linea and the 150bhp at 4000rpm Chrysler OPTRA. Both have similar torque figures too of about 31.6Nm at 2000rpm and I think similar cubic capacity. Go through these links to read about the engine to be employed in the Optra and not about the Captiva SUV..

Green Car Congress: Chevrolet Europe to Highlight Diesel Announcements at Paris Show
Chevrolet Optra Diesel Details, Chevrolet Optra Diesel Specifications, Chevrolet Optra Diesel Price , Comparison - Automotive at MaxAbout.com
Chevrolet’s New SUV at Straight Frm The Heart
Daewoo-made Chevrolet Captiva SUV - car magazine, auto reviews at motiontrends.com
CARSCOOP
Holden Captiva - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chevrolet's New Captiva SUV Debuts At Geneva Motor Show
www.marque.com.au

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 449304)
How/Why would you say that when the car is under cover... not to be seen in original form...

Whoops - my mistake. I mistook the Mazda sedan as the unveiled car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 449419)
The current Optra is a staid kinda car, a car that someone in his 40's and a family man would buy, the new one seems more edgier and sporty.

Dang! There goes Rudra's image

Looks something on the lines of the Lumina, is what i feel.

How's current model Optra's ride and handling compared to Octavia? Will the new Optra D stand up against Octavia?

Quote:

How's current model Optra's ride and handling compared to Octavia? Will the new Optra D stand up against Octavia?
Current Optra's ride is much better then the Octavia and handling of the new NY edition with 15 inchers is much better then the Octavia's however the RS is in a league of its own.

Dude comfort levels of Optra cannot be even met by the Laura. Its handling is very good at high speeds but sometimes at low speeds it doesnt feel that good but its moreover at par with the octavia. Overall optra is a great car and they should have launched it earlier in diesel avtar.

I used to like the first Optra's, they had a different grill, somehow I dont like the present ones.