Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 11:23   #16
BHPian

re: Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossilpastprime View Post
So as per Autocar there is a possibility of the Monte Carlo being 80-100K more than the standard Kushaq. I wonder why.
80-100k is too much for a new paint job/digital MID. I'm hoping there's at least a 360' Cam and/or powered seats included as well.
Old 21st March 2022, 11:53   #17
BHPian

What's with the overdose of red accents on the dashboard (including in Taigun and Virtus GT)? Looking at them on a daily basis is going to give an eye sore or its just me: Love it or hate it feature.
stringbh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 14:30   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
80-100k is too much for a new paint job/digital MID. I'm hoping there's at least a 360' Cam and/or powered seats included as well.
Before we ask or think about 360' cam they should first improve the quality of the back up camera and also they should add adaptive guidelines. This would already make the Kushaq and a better car.
JwanthGT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 14:44   #19
BHPian

I don't see an issue with charging 50-75K more, provided it resolves the following issues:

a) proper digital cluster - not the half baked ones being provided in Taigun, Slavia;
b) better rear camera with adaptive guidelines;
c) significant improvement in interior fit and finish - dashboard creaks, seat fabric quality, roof-liner, AC vents, , boot area, and hopefully a few soft-touch thrown in at certain areas;

Not too fussed with 360 camera and full sunroof.
ACe_10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 15:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
What's with the overdose of red accents on the dashboard
This will not stand the test of time even if you like it in the beginning. looks really ugly. especially because it's screaming cheap plastic look. Should be atleast matte.
krsna777 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

No Offense to Kushaq Owners,

Those interiors look even more cheap. Very unlike Skoda we have seen. I already hated the interiors of Regular Kushaq, but this Monte Carlo Edition should have had an improvement due to the premium pricing over regular Kushaq which itself is overpriced.

What the hell is Skoda thinking?

I find the interiors of VW Taigun much better, the Creta and Seltos are good and the Astor is in different league altogether.
CarguyNish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 16:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

The original interiors look more premium. I wonder whether Skoda has actually changed their design language for India from premium understatedness to something so gaudy. I doubt such loud colour schemes will appeal to anyone.

Let's not discount the fact that the pictures are not great either. But it still looks to 'in your face'!
Old 21st March 2022, 18:04   #23
BHPian

The digital cockpit offering in the Kushaq/Taigun/Slavia/Virtus is now the default cockpit that is offered in basic variants of VAG models abroad. It is very silly that in India they offer this as a premium feature

Old 22nd March 2022, 07:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

This is how I will spec the Kushaq if there was a configurator.

1) Keep the analog instrument cluster. Hate digital and the one we get from VAG for these segments is a joke! Not funny!
2) A proper 3 spoke and round steering wheel. I don't mind the two spoke, but can't digest that growing lump at 6.
3) Better black and light grey upholstery! (duh) With a black roof. And with better, I mean good material + stitching. Its not a good feeling inside that cabin now. And I need to feel good in a car! This probably is the most important one.
4) Don't care about sunroof and definitely don't want a panoramic! For all I care, you can remove it from this version. But don't dare remove the 6 airbags + KESSY. Need those!
5) Make the car sit a bit low, I don't need this much GC. I read the road surface, can't change that habit now.
6) A beefier rear bumper! Don't want a J. Lo but why skimp here?? We are anyway paying the stupid tax for >4 meters on the Kushaq!! I will feel more secure and it will do a world of good for the side profile.
7) Keep the black bits as is. You did well to remove that chrome overload. But why did you miss the door handle? Body color please! I will get that thing on the front fender removed anyway!
8) Better wipers - all 3 of them!

Make it happen Skoda and I will get one home happily. You have done the hard bits already - love the drivetrains and the way it rides/ drives for a crossover. So, why not go the distance and make it perfect??

Of course, its all a pipe dream in this automobile market. All we are destined to here is pay the high taxes and expect nothing worthwhile in return!
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:44   #25
BHPian

Can’t understand why Škoda India is messing up the interiors so badly with the Kushaq. The original launch was Meh with a boring grey color palette, and now this one looks like some cheap leather seat maker has designed a “sporty” red and black version.
Looks like a poor aftermarket job.

Škoda doesn’t even need to look far. The European Fabia which pretty much has the same interior layout comes in such fantastic color schemes. Attaching pics of the Fabia Monte Carlo edition which shows how to add Red accents in a subtle classy fashion.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-a8d62a8e6182462293a83673abfd18eb.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2bfbd7519ba84a29ad17e4df1b5a01ed.jpeg  

Silverfire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Škoda doesn’t even need to look far. The European Fabia which pretty much has the same interior layout comes in such fantastic colour schemes. Attaching pics of the Fabia Monte Carlo edition which shows how to add Red accents in a subtle classy fashion.
Wow, now that is how you do the interiors of a car. The taigun red interior was such a huge turnoff for me as are the pictures of the monte carlo kushaq. They already have incredibly tasteful design under their wing, why do they assume all Indians want loud and gaudy colours?
Old 14th April 2022, 17:59   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant

Kushaq Monte Carlo launch on 9th May

Will be available only with the 1.5L TSI.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcVM8zEN...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th April 2022 at 18:00.
Old 14th April 2022, 17:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Skoda India to launch Kushaq Monte Carlo on 9th May, will be available exclusively with 1.5-litre TSI.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th April 2022 at 18:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 18:30   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo reach dealership showrooms!

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-4.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-3.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo variant-2.jpg

Quote:
Kushaq Monte Carlo will be based on top-spec Style trim.

Exterior gets blacked-out elements and unique 17-inch alloy wheels.

Inside, it gets a black and red treatment for the dashboard and seat upholstery.

Gets one new feature: a digital driver’s display from Slavia.

Likely to be limited to the 150PS 1.5-litre petrol engine.

Will command a premium over top-spec 1.5-litre Style that is priced from Rs 16.49 lakh.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 20:11   #30
BHPian

Once you look at Astor's interiors, this Monte Carlo looks like on budget cheap after market modification done!

There was a time last year when I used to look at Kamiq Monte Carlo and imagine how good Kushaq will look. Used to ask about its release date on this forum and twitter.

But now I'm happy that they delayed such cheaply modified Monte Carlo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks