Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2021, 08:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Cars India sales & marketing head Rajesh Goel quits, replaced by Yuichi Murata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
I said Hero will change to escooters more easily than honda because it's a small company compared to the Japanese giant.
My friend, what makes you think that Honda will find it difficult to change compared to Hero?

Hero is one of the largest two wheeler manufacturers in the world and has a bigger market share than Honda in India.

Quote:
Giant animals (and companies) will not survive changing times.
Why not? You mean Toyota, Volkswagen, Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki won't survive changing times?

Any company that takes wrong decisions won't survive irrespective of the size. But a giant company has a greater chance of survival compared to a small one because of its brand value. Eg: Nokia which is now Europe's 5th largest smartphone brand.

Quote:
Apple did successfully (from Mac to iDevices) because it had extraordinary leadership during the early 2000s.
So you think Honda has a leadership issue compared to others? I don't think so:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...r-india-422440
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Cars India sales & marketing head Rajesh Goel quits, replaced by Yuichi Murata-screenshot_20211205080910.png  

CarNerd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 10:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Cars India sales & marketing head Rajesh Goel quits, replaced by Yuichi Murata

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
My friend, what makes you think that Honda will find it difficult to change compared to Hero?
Just a hunch. I watch companies very keenly and closely, it's my bread-winning self-employment. I already saw the CEO statement. That's why I'm a bit more sceptical now.

Ref: Hero and its leadership, check Yadea out.

Shall we end this OT discussion....? Not very keen in continuing. Thanks.:

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 5th December 2021 at 10:17.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 07:06   #18
BHPian

I think Honda Cars India is playing hide & seek with its future plans for India. With Top Management people deciding to quit, there is something dark which we are not aware of.

Through a friend of mine who works in Honda Cars India told me that the new Director is working in the same position for the last 2 years. So, I don't think there will be any change in Honda's approach to the Indian market.

Mods had changed the name of this post right, 'Honda India death watch'. Doomsday is coming!
Old 7th December 2021, 13:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the writings on the wall: next to exit may be Honda Car India. After an illustrious innings in the Indian Market, I think Honda may take a bow following in the footsteps of Ford to exit the Indian market?? With all most no new launches after the Honda City I think it's juggling with an aging portfolio doing nose and butt jobs on them and trying to sell them with meagre success...2023 sounds very faaar fetched to me and Honda in typical Honda fashion is at it's prevaricating best when it comes to the Indian market...

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ployees-422862

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th December 2021 at 13:45.
Old 7th December 2021, 21:27   #20
BHPian

It might not be over just yet. If Honda really does have products in the pipeline around 2022-23, then just the after sales business will help keep the brand alive till then. Let's not forget that a significant chunk of the business is after sales.
And there is one thing about Honda cars, they are generally bought by VFM hunters, so they tend to continue servicing their vehicles in Authorized Service Stations. This is an empirical observation, very few honda cars, even old ones, come to non authorized garages for maintenance/repairs.
So Honda will be able to survive this downturn without seeing red, atleast till the near midterm.
The only question that remains is, do they really want to thrive, or even survive, in India?
kosjam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 08:49   #21
BHPian

Having spoken to some friends who work at Honda Japan, it seems more and more clear that it is when, and not if, Honda will leave India.
mohitchalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 12:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Another top executive at Honda Cars India quits.

Navid Talib has resigned as head of operations manufacturing and planning strategy at Honda Cars India after over two decades of association with Honda.

His last working day with the company will be December 25, 2021.

Quote:
He had the opportunity to lead product development teams in the APAC region and successful introduction of models like City, Civic, Accord and Jazz.
Honda Cars India sales & marketing head Rajesh Goel quits, replaced by Yuichi Murata-smartselect_20211213121013_chrome.jpg

Quote:
According to sources, he is likely to join as President and COO of the electric business unit of Hero Motor Company.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th December 2021 at 12:19.
Old 13th December 2021, 13:38   #23
BHPian

Will this open a new chapter for Honda is to wait and see. Planning and strategy was already poor in our market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks