Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2021, 20:27   #1

Rumour: Nissan working on a new 7-seater

Nissan is being very secretive about its new launches. All I know (from a friend in Plant R&D) is they are working on a 7 seater under 10L. No news on the Kicks.
Kedrock is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 23:01   #2
BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Nissan is being very secretive about its new launches. All I know (from a friend in Plant R&D) is they are working on a 7 seater under 10L
Is it their version of Triber? i hope they provide better engine and gear box than Triber.

Triber currently is an awesome package but let down by the NA engine and only AMT option. May be a turbo engine and CVT gear box will do wonders
ant_vas is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 06:23   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Nissan working on a new 7-seater

Rumour: Nissan working on a new 7-seater - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 2nd December 2021, 08:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Nissan Kicks 1.3L turbo petrol, launched at Rs. 11.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrock View Post
Nissan is being very secretive about its new launches. All I know (from a friend in Plant R&D) is they are working on a 7 seater under 10L. No news on the Kicks.
7 seater under 10 lakhs. Can only be the Triber cousin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Is it their version of Triber? i hope they provide better engine and gear box than Triber.

Triber currently is an awesome package but let down by the NA engine and only AMT option. May be a turbo engine and CVT gear box will do wonders
True. The Triber is absolutely VFM, but the engine is mediocre. Would be cool if Nissan would be able to launch it with multiple engine and transmission options.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 09:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

I was just wondering recently while looking at Nissan and Renault's October sales figures why Nissan hasn't launched a Triber-equivalent MPV yet, because they're in greater need for fresh products than Renault is.

While this is still a rumour at best, it sounds quite believable to me. I do wish they would also launch a Kiger-based C1 sedan or B2 hatchback, but I don't see that happening soon. Plus, I'm not quite sure who owns the Logan name in India because of what happened with Mahindra, and Hyundai objected to the Sandero name before they even tried to launch it.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the Alliance launching a small car in India that has both ESC and side airbags, and I'm hoping this Nissan MPV will be it. With their current products you have to choose between one or the other. Unless this one is somehow launched very soon it probably won't make it in time for Global NCAP's protocol update which means it would be hard for it to share its Renault cousin's four-star adult crash test rating, unless they offer side head protection as an option. One way Nissan could do this is by updating the Triber's optional side torso airbags to seat-mounted combination torso-head airbags like the Logan/Sandero they sell in Latin America.

It may be too much to ask for, but a four-metre car that seats seven, has a turbo+CVT and has ESC, side airbags and respectable crash test performance could bring Nissan some much needed sales. Just for example, our local milk supplier who had an Etios for personal use and an Eeco for deliveries recently replaced both of them with a swanky new blue Triber AMT and frankly, I can see sales of these small car-like MPVs improving further if more of that happens throughout the country.

If the styling resembles the Magnite I expect the side profile to look more like the recently launched Dacia Jogger than the Renault Triber.

Last edited by ron178 : 2nd December 2021 at 09:41.
ron178 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:06   #6
BHPian

Can they introduce a diesel version of the Triber? Because apart from the engine, the current Triber is a perfect car. That NA engine really ruins the feel.
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:51   #7
AZT
BHPian

A diesel 7 seater could sell well. Kudos to Nissan for continuing to adapt and stay relevant.
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
If the styling resembles the Magnite I expect the side profile to look more like the recently launched Dacia Jogger than the Renault Triber.
OR Nissan is going to surprise us by launching something equivalent to Dacia Jogger here as a competitor to Ertiga by pricing it <10L?
Maybe I'm expecting too much.
Old 2nd December 2021, 22:20   #9
BHPian

Nissan would do itself a lot of good by introducing the facelifted Kicks using the global platform and at same price level of the existing current one with more features. Nissan is not really using the lovely 1.3 turbo engine to its advantage in India.

Last edited by DImPo : 2nd December 2021 at 22:37.
DImPo is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks