Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2021, 14:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra replaces XUV 700 after owner reports ADAS issues

Good on Mahindra to address the issue so fast. I am interested in knowing if the car was registered to the customer's name.
If it was, this move is all the more impressive.

Obviously they identified a lemon and want to ensure there are no horror stories coming out. Congratulations to the lucky customer and I hope he enjoys his new vehicle.

Tata missed a trick by not addressing the Harrier issues that have surfaced. Mahindra know that they have a winner on their hands and want to maximize the advantage by avoiding any negative publicity.

Of course all this comes at a cost, I see an alert marketing team ready to allocate some budget to ensure good mouth to mouth publicity.

- Slick
Slick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 16:54   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtc13 View Post
I am not sure whether it is possible to transfer the registration to a new car considering the engine/ chassis number (in this case, colour too) would be different.
It would be interesting to know as to what is the procedure when the manufacturer takes back the car which was already delivered/ registered- will it be an ownership transfer to M&M or dealer?
Actually it can be easily done by dealers. I myself got my CBZ Xtreme bike replaced as there was an engine oil leak from the main chamber. Even though they offered to fix it under warranty for free as it was a gasket issue but I insisted on a replacement. I wrote an application to the dealership got it approved and the replacement was made available to me the next day( they had the bike in stock). In my case the original registration number was retained and just the engine number and chasis number were changed in the government records. I received the same colour in the replacement. I also installed an anti theft as an additional accessory from the dealership in the old bike but they installed a new one in the replacement bike. Every details in my insurance policy too was changed accordingly.
hackerboy303 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:14   #33
BHPian

Call it customer centric or managing the bad press, Mahindra has done the right thing by acting quickly and replacing the vehicle.

But I'm definitely curious about the nature of the issue that made Mahindra think that it is unrepairable (atleast immediately) and warranted a replacement. Hope this doesn't turn to to be another 'robust fuel pump' kinda issue and Mahindra addresses the issue quickly.
delusional_fool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 18:39   #34
BHPian

While I am happy for the Mahindra customer, but I am surprised by the response of the company. Overdoing the service is itself problematic, as in this case. It raises questions on the ADAS itself. If Mahindra had flown down their engineer to fix the problem, that would be a sign of excellent service as it is responding within the test of reasonableness. I think Mahindra needs to answer why it replaced the car, as otherwise, it casts serious doubts about the ADAS and how the technology is implemented.

Another factor to note, most of the mechanics in these service stations are no better than the road-side mechanic, but in uniform, as the dealer engages them without giving adequate training. All the training is OTJ, learning from the guy who the company may not properly train and certify him. It is almost like one blind man leading another. This is because, in most cases, the dealer has to pay for the training. So with the new techs coming in, I won't be surprised if the dealer/service center frequently fails to rectify a problem. Time will tell how well the Car industry approaches the concept of service , and how much they are willing to invest in it, or will they put the entire faith of customer experience on manufacturing standards.
pd1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 21:38   #35
BHPian

Impressed with the way Mahindra replaced XUV. However would like to know exactly what happened with ADAS.

In side note I find it perplexing to find Tbhp members buying cars that are just released. Knowing fully well its not advisable, there are tons of posts and knowledge transfer around this. Goes on to show all the knowledge is good for nothing when it involves decisions of heart
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 22:43   #36
BHPian

Such a quick turnaround only means one thing - Mahindra wants that vehicle in its R&D department at any cost to figure out the issue and take preventive action going forward. Replacement for the customer is just managing the bad press that would have ensued.
ToThePoint is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks