Team-BHP - Who's the best looker of them all in the C-segment cab-forwards ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Who's the best looker of them all in the C-segment cab-forwards ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24609-whos-best-looker-them-all-c-segment-cab-forwards.html)

With the SX4 finally here, I guess we have a nice set of C-segmenters, which are markedly different from their predecessors. The new-gen cars come with new technology, more power, newer engines or more features. But what separates them from the old lot is their new, cab-forward looks. Gone is the stately elegance of an OHC or a Lancer, to be replaced by bug-shaped cars. But then that is what is in vogue today.

In place of the OHC, Baleno, Accent and the Ikon, we now have the NHC-ZX, SX4, Verna and the Fiesta respectively. Apart from these cars, we also have the Aveo and the Indigo. Not sure whether the Logan should figure in the list - though Chennai would freeze over before it is crowned the winner. :)

I personally love low-slung cars and hate the looks of the cab-forward design that seems to be in vogue now. However, the Indian C-segment market does not seem to have any qualms about going for the new design, as is evident from the sales of NHC, Fiesta, Indigo etc, with the Verna and Aveo also doing sort of well. Its too early to talk about how the SX4 is doing.

This thread aims to find out which car among the current set of C-segmenters is the forum's favourite in terms of looks and looks only. We are not talking ride, handling, performance, FE or low maintenance or anything. Just plain LOOKS.

So, go ahead and judge them on looks and lets see which car is hottest as per tbhp-ians.

I personally like the Fiesta among the choices and have voted for it. Strange, coming from someone who avoids American cars like the plague. But then we need to give credit where it is due.

I used to like the Aveo earlier, but somehow do not like it that much anymore. The SX4 and the Verna look like twins (and not pretty ones at that) to me and the NHC is well.. Lets not go there.

I did a quick search and did not find a similar thread. However, if there exists one, mods, please do the needful. Thanks.

The current corp of cars, looks wise IMHO Aveo takes the cake.

Fiesta - Its the best looker in the current lot. I would still buy an SX4 though :)

SX4, because its more sportly looking, younger and muscular than the other cars in the segment.

FIESTA - Hated it when it first appeared. So much so that I ridiculed the aesthetic sense of its designers. Now, i have gooten use to it, that I wouldnt mind owning one (the 1.6 version). SX4 and Aveo come in second for me.

NHC - Never. :)

I quite like the SX4. Would lower it if it were mine though. Or add larger wheels.

Fiesta > Aveo > SX4 > Indigo > Verna > NHC in decreasing order for me. SX4 looked great in the ads and pics, but up close it has an odd appearance

For me, its Fiesta all the way. SX4 comes in second.
NHC? The Honda City is dead. Long live the REAL Honda City. IMHO IMHO. No offense to NHC guys.

What's the Fiesta doing here? It's not a cab forward design, isnt it?

Quote:

Amit, neither is it low-slung.

The Fiesta is the best-balanced. I find Aveo has better visibility

Aveo for me all the way followed by the Fiesta and the Indigo a close third- yup, like the looks of the latest indigo, esp in darker colours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit

Yeah, I also thought about it. But then as ben said, it is not low-slung also. And also happens to be the one that is currently being sold, after replacing the previous offering.

For me
1) Fiesta
2) AVEO
3) SX4
4) INDIGO

My top 3 would be as follows:

1) SX4
2) Aveo
3) Verna