Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 18:54   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Serious concerns on Ford's customer care & service support : 2 breakdowns on the highway

Reading through your ordeal @pratikchavan I felt sorry for the harrowing times you and family had with the Ecosport.

It appears that the full page advertisement claims by Ford just a few days ago, "This is not an ad for Ford, It is our promise for commitment. We will always treat you like family just the way we have always done" are like political promises made by seasoned politicians. They have also released a video advt on You Tube and elsewhere in the media. It can be viewed on this link:-

https://www.cartoq.com/ford-india-re...pares-support/

Ford RSA shown here in the link below, is waiting for unprecedented breakdowns to be attended to by such teams as in the image. :-

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/rsa/

The text here says:-

Quote:
Committed to keep you moving

While you might plan to perfection and take every precaution to make sure your road trips are smooth, every traveller knows that this is not always possible. But now travel in peace, knowing that help is just a call away. Presenting Ford Service Roadside Assistance. This is designed to enhance your overall Ford ownership experience, by providing you with 24hr/7day emergency support related to the use of your Ford vehicle.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 9th January 2022 at 19:15.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Re: Serious concerns on Ford's customer care & service support : 2 breakdowns on the highway

Quote:
Errors suspiciously written by pen on job card
Attachment 2254516
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about everything you're going through. As a matter of fact who wouldn't be surprised by this, Ford doesn't have anything to lose here now given their pack-up.

However, I noticed something, the quoted attachment says DIAMOND WHITE for colour while your car is black. Is that a human error/mixup or could you trace some bigger mischief from this?
Arnav612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:48   #18
BHPian

A quick piece of advice for all current Ford owners - please get yourself an OBD error code reader and use it each time an error pops up. It's an inexpensive tool to have in your vehicle and will ensure that the ASC cannot BS you. You get various types - wired, wireless etc. and you can see the errors on your mobile using apps available for this purpose.

The ASCs used to BS gullible owners even before Ford had stopped manufacturing vehicles in India. You should protect yourself from such behavior by means available to you fairly easily.
Old 21st February 2022, 19:15   #19

Interesting. I had similar issue with my Ford Ecosport Titanium Diesel 2014 model just last month.
I was on my way to goa and the car just came to halt as soon as exited towards the food hub on the Pune express way. Luckily it started right after. Then before the start of the ghat. By the time I reached goa, the car had done this 4 times. The 5th time it would not start. Luckily it was in broad day light and i was able to get through the night. Then i started reaching out to garages. After lot of tries when i had finally given up, one guy responded. And he was pretty good. He came and tried to do a jump start. Then he informed me that he will have to tow it to his garage.

The car was in the garage for 2 days. They checked fuel filter, battery, fuel line cleaning, injector pipe cleaning. No change. the car would start, but engine would sound like as if it is not able to breath. Then after 2 days, it was time for me to head back home. I went to garage, and was advised car was not road worthy yet. I booked my bus ticket. As soon as it was booked, one of the guy said he thinks the fuel pressure sensor cable is loose. They fixed the cable properly. And the car sprung back to life

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd February 2022 at 02:11. Reason: Typo
SandyN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks