Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2004, 02:19   #1

the new honda lacks the driver appeal of the old city but is better for families as it has better interiors and fuel efficiency,the old city was fuel effiecient too but i think for now accent crdi is better choice than city for the price ,you a car that looks like a car not like a frog,old city rocked except for the interiors..................
Old 30th March 2004, 02:29   #2
BHPian

yep, the new city is more of a 'head-over-heart' choice, and a very practical and appealing car to families. honda, i guess, is not able to meet the demand for the new city and you wait for quite a while after the bookings to finally pick up the car. the soul and character of the old city is lost, but nevertheless translates into a better proposition for honda anyways.
Old 30th March 2004, 13:04   #3
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Honda sold arnd 800-900 units of old city every month..now they sell arnd 2500units !! that speaks for itself...plus on the whole the new city is a very good package for an avg buyer..very efficient, good interiors, honda reliability, power enough to wade through the traffic....

M3
Old 30th March 2004, 13:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

the new city is not for the performance-minded person. Even the Vtec wont be a perofrmance car i guess.
The Accent Crdi is a good car. Modern tech at an affordable price. But there are lot of vibrations in the crdi. Plus its not a smooth revvin engine. 3 cylinder 1500 cc. If u lookin at mileage, the new City is also good. What u get with the Crdi is good mileage, low price of diesel, Hyundai's ASS [After Sales Service ] etc.
Old 31st March 2004, 17:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The new City, as has been said, appeals to the head rather than the heart. If you are on the look-out for a no-nonsense car, you will find it to be an absolute performer (as in reliability, practicality, quality and efficiency)

Check this thread out for some opinions on the new city New City Thread
Old 31st March 2004, 18:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

The new City is a more practical car. Its improved quality wise and in the interiors dept as well. The interiors of the new City are years ahead of the old one. But yes theyve compromised performance for fuel efficiency but I guess thats what most of the Indian customers look out for. I found the new City pretty nice to drive, comfy and spacious too. But thers nothing like the old City for the performnace minded like us team bhpians. The old City and the Vtec are one of the most discussed cars out here from the Indian automobile scenario.

Cheers
Old 26th April 2004, 15:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Take a look at some exciting Honda Jazz variants in Malaysia - will we see this on the City

http://asia.vtec.net/article/NewJazz1/index.html
Old 26th April 2004, 15:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow that Jazz looks Jazzy!!! That would be the perfect B segment car to bring here. The front sort of resembles the Matiz, with that aerodynamic hood which runs onto the windshield without much change in angle.

I'd love to have one of these in my garage.

So my stable would consist of a old City Vtec, new City Vtec, Jazz Vtec and the Accord V6 Vtec. hehehe

The Accord though could very well be happening one of these days. I dunno why but i prefer the Accord 2.4 M/T more than the V6. The V6 has the power no doubt and can leave the 2.4 for the dead, but you just can't beat that amazing manual gearbox the 2.4 comes with.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 26th April 2004, 22:00   #9
BHPian

hey..
i think honda should launch another car for racing freaks like us. which should cost between the new honda city and accord. wat abt a new honda 2.0L Vtech ...........

Power freak
Old 26th April 2004, 22:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Civic hatch in Uk comes packed with 197bhp!!! 0-100 in 6.8 secs i heard. How much do you think that car wuld cost if brought here?
Old 27th April 2004, 00:57   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Take a look at some exciting Honda Jazz variants in Malaysia
More bhp or not, I would never have something that looks so much like an alien in my garage. Looks do matter a lot to me, and significantly influence all my car decisions.

GTO
Old 27th April 2004, 03:04   #12
BANNED

not a wolf is sheeps coat.......but a pussy in a lions coat!!!
honda can only capitalize on its name this time. i would gladly buy the old city even though it is a lakh expensive any day..!
Old 27th April 2004, 03:44   #13
BHPian

There goes Honda on the Futuristic highway !
I'd rather seek out more traditional and conservative designs. Bring on the Civic !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks