Team-BHP - When is Mahindra launching the Scorpio Eagle 2.2?....EDIT Now Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When is Mahindra launching the Scorpio Eagle 2.2?....EDIT Now Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24867-when-mahindra-launching-scorpio-eagle-2-2-edit-now-launched-12.html)

It is called the [FONT=Arial]RAZR2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Was launched on 23rd August at the Shangri-La Hotel in New Delhi[/FONT]

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix (Post 542999)
hey guys.. that's the ad for the new razr.. not scoprio

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix (Post 542999)
hey guys.. that's the ad for the new razr.. not scoprio

haha..lol: were all quite silly then.stupid:

Is there any updates on the launch of new scorpio 2.2??
whts happening???..there is no posting happening for the last 2 weeks..

Hope all r bored of just hearing the dates..:)

Read in the news related to automatic transmission that it will be launched in 2008.

guys m2di is a scorpio with a bolero engine.it is a new varient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 565121)
guys m2di is a scorpio with a bolero engine.it is a new varient.

No, I test drove it a year back, the main reason to come out with a M2DI was to position it against the low end Tavera which was doing well in the Taxi segment and also to market it in the rural areas.

Hey Ranc, been a long time since I saw ur post. Any news on the 2.2 yet? There seem to be strong speculation for the Safari 2.2 by 27th Sep... However funnily enough there's been no news on the Scorpio other than the Financial Express article on 20th June.

HI HSV

I have not been posting anything because I got so disgusted by the 2.2 L thing and waiting for it that I went ahead and bought a SX 4 (atleast it is tall), so I am not in a hurry anymore and stopped following the 2.2, my sources tell me that it will only be next year that they launch it but I am sure if Safari 2.2 is launched this month then they have to launch it this year itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 565197)
HI HSV

I have not been posting anything because I got so disgusted by the 2.2 L thing and waiting for it that I went ahead and bought a SX 4 (atleast it is tall), so I am not in a hurry anymore and stopped following the 2.2, my sources tell me that it will only be next year that they launch it but I am sure if Safari 2.2 is launched this month then they have to launch it this year itself.

Well done... A wise decision. That way you can drive your SX4 for atleast 2 years, by that time Scorp 2.2 would have been out for atleast an year. You'd come to know how its faring - engine wise etc, and save yourself from being the guinea pig. And finally when you plan to sell your SX4 you'd get a fabulous price - considering its in huge demand anyways (and would continue to be so at the rate MUL is delivering them... he he)! :Cheering: Wow.. you've got it all figured out! Smart choice.

I might not wait for that long, I might sell the Swift that my wife is using, give her the SX4 and might go for the 2.2 next year (ie only when all us give it a thumbs up) or better still how about waiting for the hybrid which will be out next year too.

I would say you made a wise decision, although you cannot compare a SUV with SX4 but the ground clearance, features and high profile tyres makes SX4 quite sturdy and a good buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranc (Post 565197)
HI HSV

I am in the market for a new Scorpio....and what i got from the dealer that i visited....is that the launch could be in Q4 of this financial year....however the pricing would be quite premium, of course with all the necessary gadgetry thrown in the car......

well im tired of waiting so would go in for one of the variants of the Scorpio...thou' still haven't been able to decide for sure....

cheers :)

Ok here comes the latest.

The scorpio was supposed to be launched on 15th Sept 07, now its postponed to Diwali & the source says its confirmed for Diwali but no dates announced.

Safari's launch was the reason to postpone scorpio's launch as per source.

Will update as the news flows....

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadu (Post 461310)
Well, I knew that but thought that the CAN is to with the CRDI fuel assembly but I did some search and found its not, here are the abstract of the patent.

So TATA is trying to put some good technology into its vehicles.

Full patent details are here

dadu,

To keep it simple, CAN is one type of serial communication protocol and is used for drive-by-wire applications.

Got educated on CAN long time back but thanks for the info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepaktpatil (Post 570234)
dadu,

To keep it simple, CAN is one type of serial communication protocol and is used for drive-by-wire applications.