Team-BHP - When is Mahindra launching the Scorpio Eagle 2.2?....EDIT Now Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When is Mahindra launching the Scorpio Eagle 2.2?....EDIT Now Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/24867-when-mahindra-launching-scorpio-eagle-2-2-edit-now-launched-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-U- (Post 519284)
In my humble opinion, the scoop and the headlights are two sore points in the looks division.

The headlights dont really look all that bad on the Scorpio. However, something of a similar nature on the Bolero makes it look like an alien.

The tail lights copied like the CRV doesnot look good at all.

The picture is not of the latest scorpio pick-up but an existing older model in markets like south africa,the pick-up in the picture need not necessarily be the same as the newer model to be launched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 519555)
The picture is not of the latest scorpio pick-up but an existing older model in markets like south africa,the pick-up in the picture need not necessarily be the same as the newer model to be launched.

The confusion arises from the fact that it says 2.2 Ltr engine in the specifications in the bottom right hand side of the picture. Unless they gave the new specs but pasted an older picture!

Today I spoke to the Indian Garage owner in Chennai, he said if its going to be released this month or the next they would have had future intimation but they had no such thing. So he expects it to come by Feb next year. It also makes marketing sense to release a new model on a new year rather than at year ending doesn't it? Or does the festively season have any sales hype?

Most new launches happen during the festivities, because that when people like to splurge and would like to try their hands on things new.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 523651)
Today I spoke to the Indian Garage owner in Chennai, he said if its going to be released this month or the next they would have had future intimation but they had no such thing. So he expects it to come by Feb next year. It also makes marketing sense to release a new model on a new year rather than at year ending doesn't it? Or does the festively season have any sales hype?

No it doesnt, why ???

- September is the date for Companies and traders to buy assets, as they get full depreciation in the books of account for anything bought inbetween April-Sep, as per IT rules.

- Most buyers want to buy cars and make bigger investments like housing etc during the festival season, as its auspicious.

- The demand and sales figures for everything including consumer goods shoot up during this season and eveyone wants to reap its benefit. Its a peak sales period for all FMCG companies, Beverage industry and Automobile manufacturers.

The period starting from Jan-March offer no such benefits and is infact is a dull sales period for most.

Does sound like the festival season has some benefits in terms of finance, but usually Indian mentality is buying a new car in the year ending means its a older model and so less resale value. If the buyer gets the car at the beginning of the year the car has an advantage of begin seen as a 2008 model rather than a 2007 model, which actually deprecates the value in the second hand market. So usually folks wait for the new year for this reason and the industry knows it.

So if we have some concert data on car sales we could get some knowledge on this subject and the rational time for release.

P.S. Are cars FMCG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 526827)
P.S. Are cars FMCG!

Nope! FMCG is Fast Moving Consumer Goods which are also known as consumer packaged goods. They are products that have a quick turnover or high sale and relatively low ticket size. For e.g, toiletries, detergents, cosmetics, packaged snacks like chips, etc.

I know FMCGs are fast moving consumer goods. I was referring to dadu posting Cars as FMCGs. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 526827)
but usually Indian mentality is buying a new car in the year ending means its a older model and so less resale value. If the buyer gets the car at the beginning of the year the car has an advantage of begin seen as a 2008 model rather than a 2007 model, which actually deprecates the value in the second hand market.

Actually, in all the tbhp discussions so far, people pay more attention to model and car odo/condition than the vehicle bought in year end. No smart seller would accept that older model logic - because its not a year model, but model of car - NHC vs OHC comes to mind, that matters!!!

You have misread, FMCG Companies and Automobile manufacturers have been referred to as different entities in my post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 526945)
I know FMCGs are fast moving consumer goods. I was referring to dadu posting Cars as FMCGs. :)

I second this, a layman can be tricked into this perception by the dealer but not an aware buyer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 527033)
Actually, in all the tbhp discussions so far, people pay more attention to model and car odo/condition than the vehicle bought in year end. No smart seller would accept that older model logic - because its not a year model, but model of car - NHC vs OHC comes to mind, that matters!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monster_BHP (Post 526945)

Oops, sorry mate! Didnt ready his post above yours. Guess the MBA in me kicked in too soon. lol:

Looks like the peak month for Automobile sales is March, so my dealer source may be right after all. He said it could be launched at Feb and if thats true they must be considering the March peak season for the launch. It makes more sense that way. IMO we have to wait till March or Feb or the Scorpio and Safari launch.

However there isn't any specific time of launch that our Automobile Industries are following. May be if they all follow things like Feng Sui or Vasthu it could be more predictable. In that case all we need to do is call our astrologer for the details.;)