Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2022, 13:44   #16
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh

It's nice to see MSIL offering hill hold assist even on the entry level and AMT equipped cars.
Irrespective of the technology, Hill hold assist should be mandatory to all 2 pedal drives IMO.
Old 28th February 2022, 13:50   #17
BHPian

Wagon R has always been a favorite & a safe option for those who prefer space / comfort and an economical choice. So many don’t buy them for the looks or performance but the sheer utility & value for money it provides

Safe to say that the recent versions with a larger boot & and improved engine with AMT makes up a compelling buy for the daily rides to school / city / beater car.

I was looking at a car for my wife and this makes sense. The pricing difference between VXI & ZXI is nothing? Strange and a surprising, need to dig deeper to see what's on offer.
Sabrish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 14:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Is it really wrong/misleading?
Can't say misleading/ misrepresenting. But both scenarios can't happen at same time. It's either/ or situation.

Quote:
All car manufacturers calculate their boot space without the parcel tray.
No. It's grey area. Rated boot volume and usable boot volume shown in photos can be different (and it's usually the case). Infact measurement method is also different. Some use VDA method (similar to western world) while others use surface to surface volume (usually from CAD).

Quote:
These pictures show how the car looks when no one is sitting and the car is not loaded with stuff - to make it look presentable.
Here I agree. Infact tools like photoshop are amply deployed to make stuff presentable.
Old 28th February 2022, 14:43   #19
BHPian

Over the years Wagon R prices have doubled. The rate is higher than FD returns! We have a 2013 edition where vxi had fog lamps. Now it's only in top variants. Also they took out the adjustable head rests. This should have been there specially at rear.
busydrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 15:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham7799 View Post
the Wagon R is an epitome of ingress egress comfort for those who are aged or have aging back/knees.

My father (75) swears by this as well.

How does this compare with the Ertiga and the Innova.
I suspect the ertiga is comparable (?) but they may need to step into the innova - do let me know

Dad wants to swap the old Wagon R for a new Wagon R - i'm pushing them to look at other options.

The key consideration is ease of ingress and egress
Old 28th February 2022, 16:28   #21
BHPian

I own the 1.2 litre manual version 2019 model of the new shape Wagon R and am loving the experience of both city driving as well as highway driving. Have done just under 30000 kms in the three years till date and the car still handles and behaves superbly on all tarmacs/stretches.

Recently did a Hyderabad return and only calculated the mileage on the return leg. With two passengers and 35 litres of petrol (approx. ₹3,500) it delivered us into the city without having to refuel. The mileage I got on a completely day time trip was 21 kmpl.

Most of the features that are displayed in the first post are existing in the 2019 model. Hill assist is a new feature that is significantly different.

Passengers who drive or have been driven in other vehicles, and have accompanied me have sung eulogies about the comfort, smooth ride, relatively lower NVH and mileage. I deem it as an excellent city vehicle with occassional long drive capabilities.
pariwar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 17:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
It's nice to see MSIL offering hill hold assist even on the entry level and AMT equipped cars.
Irrespective of the technology, Hill hold assist should be mandatory to all 2 pedal drives IMO.
True , but they can easily offer the whole ESP suite with minimal effort.

Hill hold assist is possible only via ESP hardware which means everything is there but only ABS & hill hold have been enabled. Only a one time software calibration development will be required, if not already available for an export variant.

Introducing ESP in the A-segment will be a huge deal which Maruti can promote everywhere to partly change their bad image when it comes to safety.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 18:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
New Wagon R - Features

Interior

Steering Wheel Garnish
Silver Inside Door Handles

Silver Finish Gear Shift Knob

Instrument Cluster

Instrument Cluster Meter Theme(Reddish Amber)
Low Fuel Warning
Headlamp on Warning
Door Ajar Warning Lamp

Although I have always thought that MSILs India lineup was already complete and covered all bases before the Spresso and Ignis were launched and that the Wagon R a much better and practical car than the Celerio, Ignis, Spresso is, I still find Marutis mention of these "features" laughable.

Surely 'Silver inside Door handle' or 'Steering wheel garnish' is not a feature. The Wagon R is itself well equipped with so many features worth mentioning.

I like to think the Indian market has matured enough to look past this nonsense and not count the number of bullet points on the brochure but the quality and utility of the same.

Why do companies still feel the need to mention "Headlamp warning" as a feature? Are buyers really influenced by that? Or is this just to differentiate variants?

Last edited by sauravpat : 28th February 2022 at 18:53. Reason: Minor typo
sauravpat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 19:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki has launched the 2022 WagonR in the Indian market. The updated hatchback is available in four variants - LXI, VXI, ZXI and ZXI+, with prices starting at Rs. 5,39,500
Below are the minor changes compared to the 2021 WagonR.
  1. VXI 1.2 become a ZXI 1.2
  2. VXI 1.0 remains VXI 1.0
  3. ZXI 1.2 becomes a ZXI+1.2
  4. ZXI+ additionally get 14' inch alloy wheels
If they added the below features, it will be a perfect facelift
1. 15" inch Alloys
2. Push button start/stop
3. Reverse Camera
4. Automatic climate control
5. Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
6. Leather wrapped Gear Knob
7. DRL
8. Front Driver seat arm-rest
9. Front & Rear seat adjustable headrest.

Anyway, it will sell one of the top 5 selling cars.

List of features 2022 WagonR:

2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh-wagonr_1.jpg

2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh-wagonr_2.jpg

Name:  WagonR_3.JPG
Views: 1646
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  WagonR_4.JPG
Views: 1650
Size:  55.5 KB

2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh-wagonr_5.jpg

2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh-wagonr_6.jpg

2022 Maruti Suzuki WagonR launched at Rs. 5.40 lakh-wagonr_7.jpg

Brouchure:

WagonR_Broucher.pdf
JacksonStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 22:17   #25

Looks premium and with the long list of features added, what more can we want at this price point?
I am on my third WagonR already - have always felt that the 998 CC motor with 66 BHP already does a pretty decent job and trust the 1.2 will surely be a hoot to drive (have not driven one though).
Its wide acceptance in the taxi segment is a strong validation of its prowess along with the strategic pricing which is another key factor contributing to its voluminous sales.
MSIL surely caught the right pulse of the Indian buyers when they launched the WagonR back in 1999 and have not had to look back since. I as a buyer on budget would want a car meeting much of my requirements - premium interior space (and boot), ease of ingress/egress (for the taller us), excellent city and highway capabilities and most importantly the 'kitna deti hay' element, all of which it ticks, so undoubtedly is an easy fit to the middle-class buyers who want to go slightly premium without burning their pockets. The ASS is another comforting factor since you can be rest assured to find one in any corner of our country. And with the air bags being thrown in much recently, it has added confidence to the new generation buyers who can still have an almost safe car at a competitive price. This new gen avatar is going to fly off the shelves as well!
priyankarb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 09:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

I still don't understand why manufacturers don't make rear wiper-washer as standard equipment. Its always in the top variant only, as if its 24 karat plated or something. I never had a car without one( except sedans). But I would like to know how any of the bhpians cope with its absence during rains.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 09:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I still don't understand why manufacturers don't make rear wiper-washer as standard equipment. Its always in the top variant only, as if its 24 karat plated or something. I never had a car without one( except sedans). But I would like to know how any of the bhpians cope with its absence during rains.
Driven vehicles with and without rear wipers. It never seemed to hamper drivability in rain. Of course, on the highway, cruising in or after rains, it helps in wiping off the mud every few kilometers.

In the city, I do not see a particular need, nice to have though.
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 13:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

Hill hold assist is possible only via ESP hardware which means everything is there but only ABS & hill hold have been enabled. Only a one time software calibration development will be required, if not already available for an export variant.
I still find it very confusing as to how AMT + Hill assist works in real situations. One of my pain points is to mannage my Breeza AMT ZDI on slopes, and am scared to face transaxel heating up issues or loosing traction and tire slip

I have driven DCT in EUROPE and most of the AUTO cars had it as standard feature, which does make life a lot easier.

Experts can you please shed some light on overall working of this component, I would love to add this feature to my car if possible.
Old 22nd March 2022, 14:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
I still find it very confusing as to how AMT + Hill assist works in real situations.
I have driven DCT in EUROPE and most of the AUTO cars had it as standard feature, which does make life a lot easier.

Experts can you please shed some light on overall working of this component, I would love to add this feature to my car if possible.
It's very simple. When starting from an incline (both forward & reverse), the yaw rate sensor senses that the vehicle is on an incline and as soon as the driver releases the brake, ESP will continue to hold the brakes for ~2-3 seconds till the driver provides accelerator input after which it automatically releases. If you do not give any accelerator input after ~2-3 seconds the brakes are released and the vehicle will roll back.

Unfortunately these systems cannot be retrofit in the aftermarket. The ABS module will be replaced by an ESP module and you additionally need a yaw rate sensor and a steering angle sensor apart from the vehicle specific software.

In the Maruti ABS + Hill hold systems, the hardware is definitely ESP with only ABS & hill hold enabled. I suspect these vehicles will not have the steering angle sensor.

In the EU, ESP has been mandatory since 2011 so every car will have it.
fiat_tarun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 15:09   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
In the Maruti ABS + Hill hold systems, the hardware is definitely ESP with only ABS & hill hold enabled. I suspect these vehicles will not have the steering angle sensor.
Why would they provide an ESP hardware and then not provide ESP just because of the SAS. I think its just a modification to the ABS software so that it holds pressure for sometime before releasing it, which the ABS hardware itself could do. The major difference to ESP as I know is that ESP systems can build much more braking pressure on its own compared to the ABS unit which would allow self initiated braking which the ABS module cannot. Hence, I think its the same ABS unit with a modified software, and yes an orientation sensor to detect ramp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks