Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2022, 10:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Dzire CNG bookings open unofficially

The Maruti Suzuki Dzire will soon get a factory-fitted CNG option and according to reports, some dealerships have started accepting pre-bookings.

Maruti Dzire CNG bookings open unofficially-2017marutidzire01.jpg

The Dzire CNG is expected to be powered by a 1.2-litre 'K12M' petrol engine that produces 82 BHP and 113 Nm. When running on CNG, the engine output is likely to drop to 71 BHP and 95 Nm.

Maruti Suzuki's S-CNG line-up comes equipped with dual interdependent ECUs and the engine is calibrated to run on CNG. The Dzire S-CNG is likely to be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission as standard.

Maruti will offer the factory-fitted CNG option in select variants of the Dzire. It will compete with the recently launched Tata Tigor iCNG, which is priced from Rs. 7.70 lakh (ex-showroom).

Source: Motor Arena India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 14:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire CNG bookings open unofficially

Only if MS one ups the game and also offers AMT, it will be the first manufacturer to do it in India.

Also having read that the previous K12M engine is peppier to drive it should mask lags on CNG well.
yogiii is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Dzire S-CNG launched at Rs. 8.14 lakh

Maruti Suzuki has announced the launch of the Dzire S-CNG. The car is available in two variants: VXI and ZXI, priced at Rs. 8.14 lakh and Rs. 8.82 lakh (ex-showroom), respectively.

Maruti Dzire CNG bookings open unofficially-image003-2.jpg

The Dzire S-CNG is powered by a 1.2-litre engine that produces 89 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 113 Nm @ 4,400 rpm. When running on CNG, the engine output drops to 76 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 98.5 Nm @ 4,300 rpm.

According to Maruti Suzuki, the Dzire S-CNG's powertrain and suspension has been specially tuned. It comes with dual interdependent ECUs. The car comes equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission and is said to deliver a mileage of 31.12 km/kg.

The Maruti Dzire S-CNG competes with the Tata Tigor iCNG in the Indian market.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th March 2022 at 12:52.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:05   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki Dzire S-CNG launched at Rs. 8.14 lakh
This is atrocious pricing, IMO. DZire VXi is 7.2L ex-showroom Delhi, and the CNG version is costlier by 95K! There were days when the CNG models were priced 50K higher than the corresponding Petrol models, and CNG itself was much cheaper also. The govt and manufacturers are to be blamed equally.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th March 2022 at 14:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 02:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This is atrocious pricing, IMO. DZire VXi is 7.2L ex-showroom Delhi, and the CNG version is costlier by 95K! There were days when the CNG models were priced 50K higher than the corresponding Petrol models, and CNG itself was much cheaper also. The govt and manufacturers are to be blamed equally.
It has been 85K always under bs6 era, be it any model. Researched while buying i10 Nios.
So 10K more than standard for a couple of years.
VaibhavShatna95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 13:00   #6
BHPian

A Youtuber has flagged a significant design flaw that can have real world consequences. I hope Maruti are keeping their ear to the ground and fixing this.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 06:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4c5kDfPxW0g

A Youtuber has flagged a significant design flaw that can have real world consequences. I hope Maruti are keeping their ear to the ground and fixing this.
Absolutely serious flaw. I wonder what Maruti designers were smoking when they decided to come up with this configuration. This vehicle should not be released into the market. I hope Maruti folks who are lurking on TBHP realize the potential harm this can cause.
ksakotai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 10:45   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know which fool in MSIL decided this design. Would Be the weakest link in the whole system for muggers, pranksters to remove this while the car is in motion. But my doubt is if the engine shutoff would happen even when vehicle is moving and in gear. At least that must be prevented. Either way, this is an absolute downer. What sort of clowns work in the R&D. From those spoilt looks of the front bumper to safety issues like this one.

Noob question - Is the CNG valve one way only? Is reverse discharge possible through this filling nozzle?

Last edited by audioholic : 10th April 2022 at 10:46.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 12:33   #9
BHPian

Quote:

I was planning to buy the dzire cng zxi variant and had made enquiry ata showroom. However, after watching this video on youtube, I decided to stay away from this car. I am in touch with the sales advisor. As per him, the latest update is that the production of only dzire cng has halted for the time being. Waiting time has gone up to 6 months (it was 1 month in mid march). The SA tells me some change is happening for sure in the production line. He did not divulge more than this, neither did he specifically mention anything about rectification of this blunder of the loose filling valve cap. For now, we can keep our fingers crossed and hope this issue gets resolved soon.
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 15:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I don't know which fool in MSIL decided this design. Would Be the weakest link in the whole system for muggers, pranksters to remove this while the car is in motion. But my doubt is if the engine shutoff would happen even when vehicle is moving and in gear. At least that must be prevented. Either way, this is an absolute downer. What sort of clowns work in the R&D. From those spoilt looks of the front bumper to safety issues like this one.

Noob question - Is the CNG valve one way only? Is reverse discharge possible through this filling nozzle?
I have a booking for Dzire vxi CNG. As I am waiting for the car delivery, I already shared my concern about the loose cap with the sales advisor. The dealership has told me that they can remove the connection (simply disconnect and not cut any wires) to the micro switch from inside. The micro switch will not function and the engine remains on in an event when someone either steals the cap or removes the cap intentionally for whatever reasons/motives. The dealership said this will not impact warranty as they are not cutting any wires but simply deactivating the switch. They have done this with another customer who owns an Eeco CNG model which also comes with such loose cap.

Apart from this loose cap issue, I am fine with the car as my monthly usage is 2000+ kms and am looking for a CNG car within 10 lakhs with usable boot space and better comfort than my Celerio CNG that I am currently using. I dont want to go for Wagon R for limited/restricted boot space and Ertiga is out of budget (plus I dont need a 7 seater).

Should I get the switch deactivated from the dealer and take the car? Kindly suggest if there could be any problems with this.

And I dont think there is any reverse discharge from the filling nozzle. The cap is called a 'dust' cap. Its probably only to keep dust and water away.
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 18:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

I suspect that this video is misleading, even if the vehicle switches off in CNG mode, the automatic fuel change over function would keep the car running in petrol mode.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th July 2022 at 18:07.
Old 8th July 2022, 23:49   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I suspect that this video is misleading, even if the vehicle switches off in CNG mode, the automatic fuel change over function would keep the car running in petrol mode.
Last one month I have been looking for a compact Sedan with CNG as I have finally parted ways with my SX4 Zxi. In that process, I have tested the Dzire Zxi, Aura SX and the Tigor XZ+.

Sharing my inpression on the three CNG compact sedans available until now. Pardon me if I am unaware of any new offerings.

Dzire Zxi:

Engine: Absolutely wonderful experience with the engine. It's the most powerful of the three and the most refined. Though I am a first time CNG user being a Kolkata guy, I felt that the Dzire Petrol to CNG switching is the best among all three. Powerlag is almost undetectable and noise levels are also low. In fact for a new user it's very difficult to detect if the engine is running on CNG or Petrol. Aura and Tigor has it's share of powerlag in CNG. Aura starts to tremble more and the Tigor becomes noisy.
Maruti insists to start the engine on Petrol and then switch over to CNG wheres others encourage to start in CNG. No clear idea why Maruti says so.

Suspension: Suspension is good and the car bottom does not scrape on potholes or humps even if the driver is a little less careful. A bit on a stiffer side but that actually helps to keep the car stable at higher speeds.

Handling: The handling is not as peppy as the Aura and steering feedback like any other Maruti is NIL. You turn left, the steering remains turned left you turn right and the steering remains right.

Build quality and safety: The less we discuss the better it is. I tried poking my index finger and it felt like I am going to sink in.

Seats & driving position: Perhaps the best driving position of all three. Seats are comfortable and thigh support for me (5.6) was good.

Lights: Best among all three even without projectors.

Disaster: The black dust cap tied to a thread for the CNG nozzle and the ugly metal plate beneath. Absolute deal breaker.
To make things worse, it disconnects the engine and the engine wouldn't start even at Petrol if the dust cap is removed. I hope Maruti recalls these vehicles and corrects the blunder.

Overall: A typical Maruti with regular features bested and safety and finish shunned. Yet another "Kitni deti hai" car.
This could have been a wonderful opportunity for Hyundai or Tata to replace the Dzire CNG and take top place but they wasted it.
Aura with its overdone looks and trembling ride quality and the Tigor with its three Cylinder noisy engine and the M800 type door locks.
TIRTHO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 16:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

If there is no auto fuel switch over, it is a shame on Suzuki to overlook such a simple option in the ECU.
Old 9th July 2022, 20:09   #14

Quote:
If there is no auto fuel switch over, it is a shame on Suzuki to overlook such a simple option in the ECU.
There is auto switch over. It simply starts in petrol mode and switches over to CNG after a few minutes (maybe after the engine reaches optimal temp). I have driven a wagon r cng and the switch over is seamless. Have seen multiple videos where they show auto switch over.
carreragt6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 04:48   #15

Quote:

The switch over from Petrol to CNG is automatic. In case of a cold start it takes about a couple of minutes until the engine heats up otherwise it's just a matter of a few seconds. The switchover as mentioned by Carreragt6 is seamless and best among three.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks