Team-BHP - Bentley to storm Indian market.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Bentley to storm Indian market. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2498-bentley-storm-indian-market.html)

If u guys think that the Maybach is the most expensive car to be launched in India, think again. Bentley is also considering the Mulliner Arnage Limo for the more upmarket Indian. The Mulliner Arnage is an elongated version of the Arnage R, stretched by 28 inches. Expected to cost around 5-6 crores.

Mulliner Arnage Limousine

Also to debut in India in July-August is the Arnage RL, a 10-inch longer stretch variant of the Arnage, expected to cost around 20% more than the Arnage R.

Bentley Arnage RL

Bentley spokesperson had also mantioned in the Autocar India interview that they are gonna launch the 4 door version of the Continental GT in India in 2005.

4 door Continental GT

looks as if they suddenly discovered india & every1 wants to jump in...
good for the ppl who have that kind of money...

M3

Wonderful! And thank God VW haven't played with the cars' looks the way BMW have done with Rolls Royce. Engine, I'm sure, will be the 6.75L V8. Have they increased the power?

ya adi, the Arnage still uses the 6.75 V8.

i dont like the 4 door GT for some reason. i liked the GT because it was different from other cars..more like an exclusive expensive hatchback. i know it doesnt do justice to it..but..
talking about bentley..how much money is there floating around in this country yaar. and people actually have the audacity to call this a third world country. well atleast not when it comes to cars..now.

The new Bentleys should be interesting and certainly they still sport the traditional British looks. It will be interestin to see the luxury battle between Bentley and Daimler Chrysler

Cheers

Bentley launched the 2005 Arnage R at the Geneva Auto show. if they havent started giving deliveries, i feel they shud launch the 2005 Arnage R. It doesnt look much different from the current one.

The Mulliner is also the first time a Bentley became the official car of the Queen of England beating RR which held the bastion for so long.

The 5-6 crore price however is not justified. Frankly spending this kind of money on such cars is pointless. An S500/S600 shud do the job just fine.

Revvmaster

P.S They shud have launched the Arnage R at 2.5 crores on road Mumbai rather than the Arnage. I agree with V12 completely on it.

I too agree with u revvmaster. its useless spending 5-6 crores on a stretch Bentley. But i guess its expensive cos its a bullet-proof car. I'm not sure of this though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]They shud have launched the Arnage R at 2.5 crores on road Mumbai rather than the Arnage

Hey revv, the car currently being sold is also the Arnage R. This 2005 one is a facelifted Arnage R.

Hahaha... my apologies V12, i meant to say Arnage-T, the 450 bhp bahnstormer....

lol... talk about absent-mindedness

Revv

Isnt the 4 door GT a photoshop??

Guys anyone here ever buy a bentley ill marry u ;)
but i gotta ask u other way round wud u marr yme lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 10 2004,08:52)]Isnt the 4 door GT a photoshop??

Guys anyone here ever buy a bentley ill marry u ;)
but i gotta ask u other way round wud u marr yme lol

Even if the one who bought it was a guy?

hehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Isnt the 4 door GT a photoshop??

Ya thats a Pshop. But a 4 dr COntinental GT is on the cards.

now i really wish the sultan of brunei was my long-lost uncle and like addy said, kudos to vw for not havin messed with the bentley's looks.....and it still has the nice engine that bentley says - "generates adequate power". i think bentley shud stick with the continental GT in coupe form rather than offering a 4-door version alongside.

and hey, anybody who's got enough dough to splurge on a maybach will have no probs gettin a 5 crore bentley too......dont ya think so?

there was this story i read in an american automag sometime back, when the maybach was introduced. a guy had ordered the 57 for himself and the long wheelbase 62 for his wife. when the dealer showed him pix of the upcoming SLR and told him that it wud be comin out in a short while, guess what the guy said?? "OK, looks good. throw it in too" ......

i've seen a maroon bentley in my hometown kerala 5-6 years back. guess what.......it belonged to a local tobacco-product manufacturer (believe it or not) in north-kerala.
and there's another guy who does bottling for Johnny Walker in the gulf......now you can imagine the kinda money he must be havin.....he's got a couple of rollers and mercs.....and is a very big client of mercs in UK too.
and telugu-star chiranjeevi has a bentley himself.......i've seen it lying at the cochin port when it arrived.
so i guess even a 'poor' country like ours has its fair share of modern-day maharajas.

Yes C4S...
lol remember i said GUYS ;)

U wanna be mine ? lol
u sure sound loaded to get one now when do we chop the ribbons!! ;0