Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 18:32   #46
BHPian

Re: A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Such a beautifully written article on a wonderful car. I was just nodding my head and reminiscing when I read so many of the points they you've mentioned here. My Dad bought the 1.4 Duratec ZXi in Nov 2007. And it served us well for about 11.5 years and about 88,000 Kms. I drove about 50K of those on highways and there was never a time when this gem of a vehicle made me feel that I wasn't in control. Good roads, bad roads, high speed runs were all accomplished with aplomb for all occupants. Finally had to sell after age caught on and it became too unreliable.

Here's one in the Wayanad Ghats circa 2008.
Attachment 2295518
I still recall this picture from one of the review forums. It was part of my buying decision (2009). I sold the car in 2014 while moving cities. Still miss the machine, feeling nostalgic.
Old 3rd May 2023, 23:47   #47
BHPian

Just came across this article from 2006 where the Accent Viva is touted as a better handling car compared to the Fiesta. Those who have extensively driven both cars knows which is the best handler

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-overdrive_15_jan_2006.jpg

Last edited by Shreyfiesta : 3rd May 2023 at 23:53.
Shreyfiesta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang111 View Post
Attachment 2295676

Attachment 2295677

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Global Ford Fiesta Titanium Petrol. I still recollect the test drive in October 2011; the smile on my face lasted for quite some time even after the test drive was over. There was no second thought or test drive of any other car required. I booked one straight away and got the vehicle in November 2011. It's been a pleasure to drive ever since and became the benchmark. There were a lot of cars in my family, A4, A3, Vento, Creta, City etc, but the Fiesta always felt the most special just because of the way if felt when behind the wheel. It has been driven just about everywhere, from the sand dune covered non existant tracks of Rajasthan to the Himalayan roads of J&K and Bhutan, Expressways across the country to the choking roads of almost all major metro cities to the crater ridden Highways; it has always been a pleasure and inspired great confidence. After about 10 years plus, I am looking for a worthy replacement, but am yet to find one. I I am in no hurry at all because even now when I am behind the wheel, it brings a smile on my face. It truly was a car way ahead of it's times in our country.
Just completed a 3300Km road trip with the trusted veteran . Hyderabad - Hampi - Goa - Mangalore - Kochi - Trivandrum - Bangalore - Hyderabad. Have to say, though 12 years old, still had enough vigor to gobble the miles effortlessly.
Old 14th June 2023, 20:50   #49
BHPian

Wow, this thread is a brilliant tribute to the Ford Fiesta. If the love for Ford cars from ex owners (me included) & current owners is at one level, your passion for the Fiesta is in the next level all together. It was very nostalgic reading each & every word of this thread too. Rated this thread a very well deserved 5 stars. Hope this thread makes Ford to think about re-entering India.

Owned the 1st gen Fiesta 1.6 SXi for 15 years & drove it for 1.25 lakh kms before I had to let go off this beauty earlier this year with a heavy heart. This was & will always remain as a true driver's delight car in that segment. There is no car even today in the C2 segment which can match that steering & handling of the Fiesta.
Old 23rd August 2023, 17:52   #50
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this absolutely fabulous tribute to the Fiesta. Thank you so much for bringing old memories of the car alive. I am still in possession of my 2012 Fiesta TDCI Titanium which has done 93000 kms now. Its still going strong and is a hoot to drive. I had a 2002 Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair which I disposed in 2012 and bought the Fiesta. So I have been practically driving a Ford since the last 21 years ! Posting a few recent pics of my Fiesta and an old pic of the Ikon. My son who is in the pic was a little kid then. Thank you so much for rekindling fond memories. In fact the TeamBHP review of the new Fiesta (2011) was the driving factor of my buying the Fiesta - and my being a member of this forum.

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-dsc01746.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-img_0211.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-img_3357_original.jpg
sanhan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 22:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyfiesta View Post

Tribute to the Fiesta, Ford India's Smilestone Sedan!

Stumbled upon this thread only today, and I am surprised how I did not come across such a wonderful article before.

Huge props to the author ShreyFiesta for creating such a comprehensive tribute, which the Fiesta truly deserves.

We own a 2010 Fiesta 1.6 SXi. I have literally grown up with the car: my mom used to drive me to school in this, later to college in this and now I drive to the Hospital(work) in this. So, quite naturally the Fiesta holds a special place in my heart, so much so that I am actively looking for a used 1.6S, to complete my dream Fiesta combo.

One thing I realised over the years is that the Fiesta is a surprisingly reliable and sturdy car, contrary to what people used to think about Fords (or about anything, except Maruti) back in the days. If Innova is the king of reliability in the MUV segment, I think the Fiesta can be given that title in it's segment. Since I am actively looking out for a 1.6S, I often find regular Fiestas that have covered more than 2 Lakh kilometers, some even upwards of 2.5 Lakh kilometers, pretty impressive! Our car has covered 90k kms in these 13 years.

Some recent pictures
A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-incollage_20231116_2213519382.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-incollage_20231116_2221277422.jpg

Thanks
DocwithFiesta is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 11:01   #52
BHPian

A car I absolutely loved, really wanted to buy one but by the time I was able to afford one, Ford had already moved to the Eco-sport & stopped new Fiestas.
Old 17th November 2023, 11:43   #53
BANNED

Fantastic 1.6 that it had.

On a similar note, planning to sell my 2009 Fiesta, thanks to the moronic 15 year rule, with 30763 kms on the ODO, tires are 185 December 2020 and Battery is Jul 2021.

Just in case anyone is interested, please PM me. The car is located in Delhi.

Thanks much.

Last edited by Torquedo : 17th November 2023 at 11:44.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 11:48   #54

Thanks for putting this deserving tribute indeed!

I had one 2009 ZXI model and my favourite car ever I owned!. Thinking about it still brings smile on my face. What a machine it was!. I had put nearly 2Lakh kms before I let go with a heavy heart. The engine was bullet proof (never opened) even then but had to sell it off due to rust issues. I would have kept it if the rust issue was not there.

I drive a Duster AWD now (72K) but the steering feedback that brings confidence you get from a Fiesta is something very rare!
Baiz72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 18:47   #55
BHPian

Indeed one of the most beautiful cars ever produced in India - https://www.timesnownews.com/web-sto.../105934177.cms

Some pics of the legend...

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-36f3bc9d881ef687f141b77b714a8afd_555x416_1.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-643dd983ff57b4e2aa2589fde20189bc_555x416_1.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-dsc076471.jpg

A tribute to the Ford Fiesta, Ford India's smilestone sedan!-dsc078921.jpg
streetfighter is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks