Team-BHP - Honda's New City
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda's New City (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2505-honda-s-new-city.html)

Hello all,

I am planning to buy New Honda City. Can you please give me the feedback about this vehicle. Also what is average mileage it gives?
I have searched a lot sites, but no luck on this vehicle test results.
any clue ?

Hi CM27,

If you can live with the looks and only adequate levels of power, the new Honda City will keep you very happy. It delivers on every other aspect and is comfortable, has great interiors (space/layout/quality) and will last you forever. The power delivery and ride quality are really very refined . I still havent heard any new City owner complain.

I think the fuel efficiency in the city varies between 12-13 kpl, while on the highway it should be in the low 15's.

If you are from Bombay, do keep in mind that there is currently a 2 - 3 month waiting for the City.

GTO

its a pretty decent car, excepting the looks which take some time (a lot of time, maybe) getting used to..
doesn't have the thrill of the old city..
it has huge wheel arches with puny tires & i found the steering pretty vague..
fuel eco is around what GTO mentions.. i asked a couple of ppl owning it.. were pretty happy with the car over-all

good mileage.
carzy look !
decent performance.
good mielage
overall a good family and practical car.
not the one for old city fans and racers with young hearts ( or any heart a a matter of fact)

Thanks buddies....
Will it go at 160 KM/H ? The main reason why i am considering this vehicle, presuming this will do good and go above speed as old vehicle. I drove VIVA, we need to strech ourself to cross 150 KM/H with great effort. Old city was very good and it comfortably made it to 165 KM/H with ease... also I do not wanted to buy second hand car, and as i have no choice... So, before i made up my mind for NHC, i like to know testing results done any leading firms and your experience. Plz... share your thoughts on this....

I drove my friend's NHC a few days back and I was surprised, I really think you should go for it. (Ya the waiting list for it is crazy.) But still its a very nice family/practicle car.
My Friend keeps it like it was an Accord v6 (or like a Mercedes for an example). He loves it, being a speed buff himself.
Its Very Refined, Built Quality/Finishing, in and outside, is superb considering the catagory.
A good ride quality and spacious.
Though I have to warn you, that Roads in India (including the new highways) are not designed for speeds access of 160 KMPH in cars of this or even a lil higher catagory. But I am sure the NHC at 150 KMPH will be comfortable (for short stints), and I presume it'd be much more stable at those speeds than the Old City. Even if the TopSpeed isnt as high as the old, it'd be much more safer driving at speeds of over 150 KMPH.

Good Luck! ( keep ur eyes and ears open, and on the rear view mirror too. You never know, I MIGHT BE BEHIND YOU! )

Anyway Jokes apart.. Drive Safe..

The NHC has been tested by OD upto 171kmph (true speed, with speedo showing 174kmph at that point) ). That's pretty good considering, it produces just 77bhp.

0-60 - 5.7 secs

0-100 - 13.98 secs

0-150 - 37.45 secs

1/4 mile - 19.05 secs @ 115.50 kmph

Std Km - 35.39 secs @ 147.3 kmph

100-0 - 54.17 m

80-0 - 31.30 m

Regards...
Shan2nu

Better than the old City....as long as your are not in the drivers seat - if you are driving...thats a different story

Very nice to hear so much good about the NHC. what about maintenance cost.

GTO - can we have a separate forum item, describing all about the maintainance feedback of all the car we have in india. This would be really great impact on this site. this forum can have, problem faced by owners in their places with service dealers, share their experience, mention the avg. cost....etc... I feel this could a good breakthrough

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]can we have a separate forum item, describing all about the maintainance feedback of all the car we have in india.

Point noted sir. Will be looked upon soon

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]GTO - can we have a separate forum item, describing all about the maintainance feedback of all the car we have in india. This would be really great impact on this site. this forum can have, problem faced by owners in their places with service dealers, share their experience, mention the avg. cost....etc... I feel this could a good breakthrough

Hi CM27,

Thanks for your suggestion. Its a very viable option, and one that will help the users and lurkers at team-BHP immensely. THe only thing is, dont want to crowd the forum up too much as there are already 12 categories.

Will discuss teh same with others and update you via PM.

GTO

GTO,

To be frank, you have started with a good vision. Well, let us make this one as a major successful site, which every one must know about this site at one point of a time. Also, generally these topics are never covered by any other sites. Well you guys can think about it and if you require any help i can help you out.

Let me know your serious thought and we can sort out a plan for it. This forum will help many many customers.

DID u buy thr CITY YET?? OR HAVE GONE FOR SOME OTHER VEHICLE..
THE NHC has braking problems.. it does not stop in adequate time.. and also its too low

The NHC really lives upto its name and is a great city car but is losses out on the highway.

The NHC really lives upto its name and is a great city car but losses out on the highway.