Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2022, 15:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Creta now gets TPMS as standard across all variants

Fresh inventories of the Hyundai Creta that are arriving at dealerships suggest that the carmaker has tweaked the list of features once again.

Hyundai Creta now gets TPMS as standard across all variants-screenshot-20220415-150636.jpg

Hyundai is now offering a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) as standard across all variants of the Creta. This was confirmed after a base variant was spotted with this feature at a dealership.

In addition to the introduction of TPMS on the base 'E' variant, Hyundai has made some exterior changes as well. The SUV now gets LED tail lights with gloss black trim that somewhat helps mask the otherwise quirky rear taillight design.

Hyundai Creta now gets TPMS as standard across all variants-screenshot-20220415-150720.jpg

The minor updates along with the addition of TPMS have affected the base price of the Hyundai Creta. The range is now said to start from Rs 10.75 lakh (ex-showroom).

The Hyundai Creta is available with three engine options. These include 1.5-litre petrol, 1.4-litre turbo-petrol and 1.5-litre diesel, while transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic, 7-speed DCT and an iVT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 15th April 2022 at 15:11.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 15:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Creta now gets TPMS as standard across all variants

What a power move! If it was me caught with my pants down in public just a few days back, I would have kept a low profile for some time. But Hyundai here comes decides to re-introduce a feature they removed and increase the price at the same time.

Though, I guess this feature addition might have been planned some time back. Still the timing is hilarious.
JithinR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 17:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the tpms from the higher end variant because our E/EX/S tpms are low line ones that only display error if the pressure is too low. There's no live display of tyre pressure in existing low end variants.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 14:20   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
There's no live display of tyre pressure in existing low end variants.
Then it sounds like the ABS-based TPMS which are a poor solution. In one of my cars, it warns of low tyre pressure only above a certain speed (IIRC, 60 - 80 kmph). At low speeds, it doesn't have data enough to warn the driver.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 15:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i still don't know what's the pressure that triggers the warning. Last week my right rear tyre was below 28psi and the other tyres were stable 32psi. No low pressure warning triggered whatsoever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks