Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 14:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wataru Nakano appointed President & MD of Isuzu India

Wataru Nakano has been appointed as the President and Managing Director of Isuzu Motors India.

Wataru Nakano appointed President & MD of Isuzu India-mr.-wataru-nakano.jpg

Mr Nakano takes over from Tsuguo Fukumura. Earlier, he was the General Manager of the LCV Business Department at Isuzu Motors, Japan. Nakano has over 30 years of experience in the areas of international sales operations and business strategy.

Wataru Nakano appointed President & MD of Isuzu India-mr.-toru-kishimoto.jpg

The company has also announced the appointment of Toru Kishimoto to the post of Deputy Managing Director. He replaces Ken Takashima. In his earlier role, he was the Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Isuzu Motors India.

Wataru Nakano appointed President & MD of Isuzu India-mr.-rajesh-mittal.jpg

Rajesh Mittal has been appointed as the President of Isuzu Engineering Business Centre India. He will also assume the role of Deputy President, Isuzu Motors India. He was heading Logistics at UD Trucks Corp., Japan prior to this assignment.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 26th April 2022 at 14:37.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 15:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Wataru Nakano appointed President & MD of Isuzu India

Isuzu has been in the Indian Market for a long time. All they have is 3 products that are priced on the higher end with very little value. Maybe they need to play to their strengths and start building Engines at scale.

Personally I feel whatever business they had from V-Cross, may get hijacked by Toyota, though a segment higher.

Just thinking out loud, Isuzu and Mazda should collaborate for Indian market
diwakarmuthu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 18:35   #3
BHPian

The first thing that came to my mind is, if I was to be made the Head of Isuzu in India, what would I do.

Here are my thoughts -
a. Bring in the latest generation of MuX and price it aggressively, say in a 30-35 Lacs bracket.
b. Have a branding strategy around the V-Cross focusing on the price advantage over Hilux. Introduce some lifestyle variants like they have in the Thailand market.
c. Considering that they are not selling in large numbers, think of a mobile service centre concept to negate the lack of wide dealer network.

What are your thoughts ?

BTW, don't they have any small SUVs to take on the Brezza, Venue, Sonet or the likes.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2022 at 13:17. Reason: Btw - BTW
autotranny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 23:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Here are my thoughts -
a. Bring in the latest generation of MuX and price it aggressively, say in a 30-35 Lacs bracket.
Yes! The premium SUV segment badly needs the MUX under 35 lakh. This has the potential to be the Duster of the segment beating the overpriced Fortuner. They have a very good product, they just need market it well with good advertising. I don't know why is it so hard for them to understand.
Old 27th April 2022, 23:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
b. Have a branding strategy around the V-Cross focusing on the price advantage over Hilux. Introduce some lifestyle variants like they have in the Thailand market.

What are your thoughts ?

I agree, Isuzu may not be a passenger car company as their business is mostly on the commercial vehicle side of the automotive spectrum but the 2 passenger cars they do have (the D-Max and the MU-X) are damn good.

They have the price advantage on Toyota with the D-Max and if both the D-Max and MU-X are priced right and marketed properly they have the potential to be a giant killer.

In terms of looks and road presence both the 3rd gen D-Max and MU-X will fare pretty well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks